Zax & username1145 [Mostly aimed toward Zax here.]

Narbula

The best thing since Faxbook.
Supporter
Crafter
Mar 24, 2014
Michigan
So, user has been making a lot of ban appeals lately and I keep telling him to wait around a week. Zax already got him unbanned once. See: http://craftblock.me/forum/thread-3481-page-2.html?highlight=username1145 See his other ban appeals here:
http://craftblock.me/forum/thread-3528.html?highlight=username1145
http://craftblock.me/forum/thread-3532.html?highlight=username1145
http://craftblock.me/forum/thread-3554.html?highlight=username1145
And most recently: http://craftblock.me/forum/thread-3638.html?highlight=username1145
Apparently Zax has told him that it's okay to make another ban appeal, even though I told him to wait it out for a week. I get he's your student @xInZaxx, but why does he get special treatment over all the other players? To me, this doesn't seem fair. If he wasn't your student, this wouldn't even be discussed like this.

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
If you want to get someone's attention, you have to do it like this. @xInZaxx

Narbula

Supporter
Crafter
Mar 24, 2014
Michigan
First time actually doing that. I'm a noob. c: Thanks, Ar7.

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
You know... really we wouldnt have any grief at all if people used pstones to protect their builds. Wouldnt have this problem.

xInZax

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
I understand. Not going to lie, I do feel more inclined to help him get back on simply because he is my student (one of my better ones, not that it matters). I understand that you guys want him to wait, and he is rather annoying about it. I apologize and I know I have pissed off the majority of you. He's a good kid and I believe he made a mistake, which he acknowledged. Because of me and that quick unban, again which was my fault, he was happily building and another grief was found which was a few days old (part of the old grief). Because of my quick unban, he was instantly re-banned on an old grief, which Ish pointed out. Again, I apologize, and I'll stay out of this. Sorry if I pissed you and anyone else off.

xInZax

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Just to add to Mono's post, I liked that she had a little mini class session for pstones. I think it might be wise for the Ambassador's to possibly "host" these PStone tutorials :).

Narbula

Supporter
Crafter
Mar 24, 2014
Michigan
Uhhhh, Mono's post? I think you mean Sun maybe? :p But I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad, I'm really just wondering why you told him he could appeal again after I told him to wait a week. :l But I'll just leave it alone, I guess it's not really my business anyway. Just getting tired of his constant appealing.

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
Yeah I understand Narb :) it reminds me of my own kids - username that is. They can push the boundaries cant they? Did mon have a pstone session? or were you meaning me? lol I was annoyed in my own family my kids not cleaning up after themselves and mums left with the mess to clean up while they head off to school, lol. hmm yeah probably not funny. So when I came on the game I was annoyed cause players were getting grief cause they hadn't taken to care to pstone their places, so I called anyone who needed to protect their place to come to me. I set up a block of squares representing their build - had them place - extend - and close the feild (I usually get them to look at forums as I go thru the steps.) I just wanted to get as many people protecting their homes so we have littler grief and complaints from people.

xInZax

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
I understand. Like I said, he is a one of the few great kids that I have on my roster. Not trying to be racists, but the district I teach in is at 85% free or reduced lunch, with a demographic around 50% black, 40% hispanic and 9% White and 1% Asian. There are some mixes in there as well.

That was very off topic haha. Anyways, he's a great kid and like I said, it was my fault that he got re-banned due to my quick unban. I think that's why I feel so bad. I screwed up Ish's argument against him and played the "favoritism" game with him.

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
I didnt see his other appeal. Ive read it now. Ive actually closed it, but you can read what I put.
http://craftblock.me/forum/thread-3638-post-23396.html#pid23396

I feel if he can exercise patience it will be in his favour. And it may even teach him something about life .. idk. I know hes eager to join again. If you can encourage him to wait a week, it'll at least let people calm down a little. It'll teach him there are times when he must wait. If that decision I made was unfair - let me know ill remove the post and open it again.

Narbula

Supporter
Crafter
Mar 24, 2014
Michigan
I give up trying to talk to username. I'm no longer opening up any of his threads or anything. Sorry.

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
Update, warning little long but really hope he understood.

username1145 Wrote:
He actually said to try today. If you need to ask him go ahead. I don't know if him saying make one today makes it not two weeks because staff said to make one today or not but I think it would.
Your last sentence doesn't make sense to me. Please clarify. Make it more clear to under stand.

Choice one.
Appeal in a weeks time from the time narb said to wait- very good choice if you choose this as you show respect to narb, and a willingness to keep the peace.

Choice two.
Choice to Appeal today- not a good choice as you show no respect to what narb said. You show you are impatient. You have waited this long. I think you can do it, wait that week, don't make any appeals. Still get involved on forums. If you read alot of the forum things you'll get to know the community a little better. Ok so Zax may have said try again today. It comes back to you in the end. You know what a week means, 7 days.

Like I said, just give it till Tuesday, make an appeal. Things hopefully will be calmer with the staff.

You can do this user. Zax has great hopes for you and helps us to understand you. You need to do this.... To better yourself in the eyes of the community.

You can wait can't you till next Tuesday. If you say you can't, you don't give me much hope.

username1145 Wrote:
Alright. I am sorry for rushing it, I hope you guys are willing to understand that I want to get back on the server as soon as I can. I am sorry and I hope I can be patient enough to wait till Tuesday to Appeal.
On the bright side next Tuesday I get off school so it won't be that bad cause then I have the summer to play. Well thank you for giving me the privilege of only one week and I hope that I can get on by then.

_SunDust_ Wrote:
Thumbs up

_SunDust_ Wrote:
I see you made a post in the hub.

This is before we chatted. It doesn't help your case, but it makes it look worse for you.

I suggest you delete it, cause it will only make people more angry and you don't want that, especially if your trying to get back on people's good side.

_SunDust_ Wrote:
Oh my goodness user I found another post of you going on again about your case.

Everything surrounding your case. You need to leave it. Don't make any mention none whatsoever about your ban and being apologetic, wanting to come back on. You are seriously spoiling this.

Actions.......speak louder then words.

Let your actions (not making any mention of your case till you make your appeal)

Speak louder then all these post you make.

Show in your actions you will respect staff decisions. If I see any more post of you going on about your ban problems and appeals I will extend that date.

Lets not see anymore. I suggest you go and delete them. Wait till Tu

username1145 Wrote:
It won't let me delete them and it didn't show up with the first one so I made a new one. Please delete them for me.

_SunDust_ Wrote:
Ok,I'll delete them. hope you understand I'm trying to help you. Trying to make things better. Hope all goes well in your appeal on Tuesday. Be calm and accept what people will be telling you. Try to learn something from what they will be saying. Don't rush to reply let people have their say.
_________
username1145 Wrote:
Ok, Thank you so much. I owe you a million.

xInZax

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Haha well, I'll reinforce that he'll need to wait a week. Thanks guys. Sorry about that

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
@xInZaxx

I don't think Narb's problem is so much that he made a new appeal. I think her issue (and mine) is that you undermined her authority as a mod by telling a player to appeal when he was already told multiple times previously to wait a week or more.

I'm fine with decisions being made. You're an owner, just like me. You have authority, just like Narbula. But undermining someone's authority is a big deal to me personally. If you're going to tell a player to make an appeal after having been told multiple times to wait a week or more, at least let us know you told him it was okay. That's why we have the forum: to communicate. It doesn't really do much good to have it if it isn't used to communicate. :p

When a decision (an executive decision, if you will) is made without talking to the rest of us first, you should make it a point to tell us your decision after it's been done. Post here immediately, or wherever necessary. Like on the player's new ban appeal.

You're a teacher, I'm sure you understand the importance of communication. :)

EDIT: It would also be beneficial to know you have contact with this (and other student players) player outside of the game, where things might be discussed outside the forum or server. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)