Would you like to rest your Pokemon?

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013

Just a really quick Pokemon center I made. Just applied shaders directly to the faces I wanted colored. lol Don't feel like texturing it right now. :p

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
Here's a night shot. Also made the windows glow. :p

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
Added detail geometry to the windows and roof. I think I'm just gonna focus on creating detail geometry vs. texturing. It sounds like a lot more fun. Plus, all of it will cast shadows realistically. Textures don't do that. It also gets me some detail practice. :p

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
DAT GLOWING GLASS POKEBALL LOGO. FUTYEAH. (YGS joke)

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
Uu_VALKYRE_uU said:
Awesome! I love the glowies! :D
As is the case with pretty much every skill in which one must create, the best way to practice is to recreate what has already been created by others. I made the Pokemon Center twice, actually. But Maya, being the unstable software it is, crashed up the middle of the first one and I hadn't saved it since I made just a plain little cube. xD So I had to start over.

I kinda like not using textures. It's challenging to get the look I need/want without using a texture. :p

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
Ar7ific1al said:
Uu_VALKYRE_uU said:
Awesome! I love the glowies! :D
As is the case with pretty much every skill in which one must create, the best way to practice is to recreate what has already been created by others. I made the Pokemon Center twice, actually. But Maya, being the unstable software it is, crashed up the middle of the first one and I hadn't saved it since I made just a plain little cube. xD So I had to start over.

I kinda like not using textures. It's challenging to get the look I need/want without using a texture. :p
True. When people ask me if I can teach them to draw, I tell them to trace everything. To get a feel for how your hand should feel when making the lines. I also tell people to practice! Practice! Practice! Once you have gotten the hang of how the lines form, or the circles swoop, you get to the point where it becomes almost 2nd nature. Like muscle memory. Then, once you grow as an artist, you now have a cool acquired skill. Haha 

The same goes with every artistic skill. Like what you're doing with all of this, and Jack. Or with your culinary art. You keep practicing, make stuff up as you go along, learn new techniques, learn what works, what doesn't, and keep going. But when you stop, you start to get rusty. So, keep doing everything that you're doing, dude. And more! :D If for nothing more than your own amusement. You know? 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)