Winter Wonderland Holiday Competition Judging

X

xInZax

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
  • X

xInZax

Hey all!

Just wondering what you folks wanted to do in terms of Judging. I think Rat has expressed interest in Judging, and I wouldn't mind either. What criteria should the Judges follow?

Example: 

1) Is the build Holiday Themed: (Y/N) - 1 Pt for Y

Or we could do it another way. I don't know, just voice your opinions here! Valk, Timmy, Avo and Arty, please let me know how you think we should judge this contest :)

A

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
  • A

Ar7ific1al

xInZaxx said:
Hey all!

Just wondering what you folks wanted to do in terms of Judging. I think Rat has expressed interest in Judging, and I wouldn't mind either. What criteria should the Judges follow?

Example: 

1) Is the build Holiday Themed: (Y/N) - 1 Pt for Y

Or we could do it another way. I don't know, just voice your opinions here! Valk, Timmy, Avo and Arty, please let me know how you think we should judge this contest :)
We already had plans and stuff setup for judging, but that was all lost in the move to the new server. Kawohi's waiting on a replacement motheboard so she can't get that going again at the moment.

misskoa

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
  • misskoa

misskoa

Should be here on monday.

Mths, avox. Ar7 were judges AFAIK, and timmy.

X

xInZax

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
  • X

xInZax

Awesome, sounds good! I figured the judging could happen in 2014. What day would be best for all of you to meet up though? Or does it not matter if all of the judges are online?

misskoa

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
  • misskoa

misskoa

Shouldnt it just be post of listing screenshots of each build, n then judges pick the best 3,n then perhaps a public thread of a poll of best 3 to get #1 winner?

X

xInZax

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
  • X

xInZax

So let the community vote? I wasn't sure if the judges wanted to see the builds in game or not. However, a poll should work just as well. Would it be in the Staff forum, or would it only be accessible to staff but could be viewed by players?

misskoa

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
  • misskoa

misskoa

Well, Im not sure. No forum for anything like that yet. I think to get top 3 in staff, and top 1 in news.forum?

A

Avoxsas

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
  • A

Avoxsas

Give a score out of 10 for different categories?

Originality
Detail
Appropriate to winter theme
Overall looks

The plans already on the forum with regards to judging were for the Weekly Build Contest, but I suppose we could use the same judges if Timmy is around.

I think it'd be best if we look at the builds in-game because some players suck at taking screenies. We should also all use the same texture pack so it's equal viewing for all. We can use the screenshots players post to the forums for a final poll (if we have one), and for posting on facebook and twitter. We could also have a forum gallery of them.

@kawohi Are forum awards available so we can set up the participation and winner/runner up forum awards?

U

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
  • U

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

I thought that I was suppose to judge, too. Haha I like Avox's judging system. I think that the builds should probably be judged in the Default Texture Pack.