Whenever I Enter A Shop

Ex-User (67)

Crafter
Dec 17, 2013
I have this weird thing of when I go into a shop, I compare every single price (this is a good thing, but im called weird for saving money xD)
So here's my research into the soft drink, Irn-Bru.

So as a starting point ill start at the glass bottles, which have 750ml
3/4 of a liter, and cost £1.
When you return the bottle, you get 30p back, making the drink inside worth 70p, but a plastic version of this bottle, with 750ml inside, costs 95p, so you of-coarse cannot return it for money.

That makes the plastic bottle worth 25p more.
Now lets go to the one liter bottles, that are plastic, they cost £1.
and because of this, the drink inside is worth 5p more than the glass bottle.

Next we have the cans, they have 330ml inside so buying 2 cans, which cost 49p gives you 660ml inside, but there is also a 750ml can that costs £1, for 2p more you get 110ml more drink, making the large can worth 30p more than the glass bottle, making cans a very bad option for cheap Irn-Bru.

At this conclusion I have found out that glass bottles are the best option, and if you bought a pack of plastic cups, or used glass ones, this would be by far the most economically viable option.

Drink yer juice fae a glass bottle.

Ex-User (67)

Crafter
Dec 17, 2013
Do you get money for the plastic ones?

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
In Sweden we have the deposition arrangement for both glass, plastic and aluminum containers.

The biggest incitement of this is the environmental aspects.

If people get money back for returning them they are less likely to leave them in the nature or throw them in the trash. Less governmental funds needed for cleaning public places and less energy needed to produce new containers when you can recycle the material.

Ex-User (67)

Crafter
Dec 17, 2013
thats the exact reson they recycle glass bottles here :I, i with they gave money for plastic ones too, but people pee in them on car journeys.

Bubblesbobjoe

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Everywhere
Where I live, we can return glass bottles, plastic bottles, and aluminum cans and we get $0.05 (5 cents) per container. But there is no such thing as soft drinks in a glass bottle in my state, Connecticut. I see them in Florida and California though, never Connecticut or New York. The only thing we get in glass bottles here is basically on alcohol.

Ex-User (67)

Crafter
Dec 17, 2013
Lol i get 40p back when i return them, thats way to little.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)