Whats the most smartass thing youve said?

Ex-User (67)

Crafter
Dec 17, 2013
Post what you thinknis the most smartass thing you have said in your entìre life, mine goes like this: We were learning about electrical circuits and the teacher brought in a 1 watt lightbulb, when she hooked it up to dc power it n3ver worked, so I pointed it out, ahe then went on to say "its just broken" to which I replied "plug it into the socket then. the socket is AC power so it worked, then came thendirty looks of people that made a  fool of me for liking differant th7ngs.

This thread isnt going to work xD

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Enlighten me, what kind of lightbulb was this really? 1 watt? Not running on DC but AC only? It seems I'm missing the point here...

I'll post something smart tomorrow, too tired now.

mudsplash325

Crafter
Dec 19, 2013
Down South
My most smart alec moment was when this teacher was telling me to stop talking and work (it was saftey patrol) to which I replied "then why are you talking to me". I freaking screamed it. Suspensions! Wooh!

Ex-User (67)

Crafter
Dec 17, 2013
Basicqlly it had a tungsten fillqment in an argon atmosphere, the ac cquses the argon to turn to a plasma but dc doesnt cause the right vibration to do that, the tungsten doesnglow when hot but not enough light is produced to actually sell a dc lughtbuld of the same make.

crackers1097

Crafter
Feb 8, 2014
Minnesota
"I could kill myself by climbing your ego and diving down into your IQ"
Said that to a classmate. Sometimes I need to learn to hold my tongue with my classmates.

whiteNnerdy234

Aren't you the guy wth all the commands?
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Canada
Some guy I knew on my street told me "Stay in School or you'll fail in life !" I replied, you would know wouldn't you? The guy dropped out 9th grade :p

Ww_Crow_wW

Tired ™
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
???
So one of my closer friends is this guy who had hair longer than mine for like a year and a half, we still make jokes about him being a girl because he has a really high voice still, and he's shorter than half the guys in our class and is the same height as my two other friends (who are girls), so a couple weeks ago our language arts teacher was handing out papers and he comes across a paper with no name on it but there's a cat (very clearly my art style) on it and the word "meow" twice, once in my friend Pheonix, and once in my friend kitkat's handwriting, Michael says "oh that's clearly a girls paper" and no one knows who's handwriting the actual paper is in, Michael goes up to check, and guess what, it's his paper. Kitkat, Pheonix and I all shout, simultaneously "Yep! It was a girl Michael!". We will never let him live it down at this rate.

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Kazza197 said:
Basicqlly it had a tungsten fillqment in an argon atmosphere, the ac cquses the argon to turn to a plasma but dc doesnt cause the right vibration to do that, the tungsten doesnglow when hot but not enough light is produced to actually sell a dc lughtbuld of the same make.
Sorry to derail the thread, I just find this really interesting.

So, it's basically fluorescent light... In a normal bulb? I would love to see the exact specs on this thing, could you provide a source? A link to producer or an article?

Terminator_T800

Hitman
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Germany
I said this once in a technician shop, and I don't think he knew what I was talking about

"is this geothermal generator of 15v and 6 amps good enough if when it is connected to an 8 pin or 16 pin apple charging cable which is 5v and 1 amp, could it charge an 3.7 V rechargeable lithium-ion battery, 3.8Wh, 1030mAh? And would I need a 5v voltage regulator to even out the voltage to prevent the battery of breaking?"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)