Whats happening here?

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
ok I tped to shadow_miner_6 who was mining diamonds. I thought it was strange he was above ground but then he might have finished and tped home.  So i turned on xray to see if he had been mining below and to my surprise I saw this. 

http://imgur.com/yj118wY

shadow was filling in land but had mined not too far below surface for diamonds. So I checked who placed them as I saw that that was obvious, someone had placed them there.  Found zax name on them. 

Thats fine I suppose but the diamonds arent protected and are spawned items.  These guys have made a town here and many will mine those diamonds so I'll try turn them to dirt?
//replacenear 50 56 2

this is what it looks like now

http://imgur.com/k4HDw7l

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
I don't understand. Can you please explain the screenshot?

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Do you have xray turned on?

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
Initially I didn't have X-ray on but when I did, the diamond ores you can see singularity placed in that area are near the surface, but they were placed there. Near the surface as digging 3 blocks down to hit one, I mean mine one.

Whoops??? I thought there were two screenshots, sorry the second is what you see now, the other ill post once I get back on the pc. On the iPad atm.

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Wow, that's a lot of diamond ore.

But really, you got to tell us what we're seeing here.

Is these pictures with x-ray activated?

Which picture shows the effects of your command?

Did you somehow worsen the situation by turning even more blocks into diamond ore?

Sorry for not getting this, I blame my poor English skills.

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
ok.. I found the area like that minus possible diamond ore mined from those in the area, namely shadow_miner_6. When i turned xray on thats what I saw - all that diamond ore. So then I changed it to dirt. yes the pictures show what I saw with xray turned on.

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
What's confusing with this is mostly this:
Sundust said:
...so ill try turn them to dirt?
Did you in fact turn them to dirt? Or are you asking us what you tried to do? Or did something unexpected happen when you tried turning them to dirt? Or are you asking us if it was the right thing to do? So many questions...

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
so ill try turning them to dirt meaning - I hadnt yet.

I changed the ores to dirt - as shown in the last pic.

Im saying is we shouldnt have areas made like that.

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Lol, why didn't you just write something like:

_Sundust_ could have said:
I found a huge area that zax had sprinkled with diamond ore. I believe this could be hurting the economical balance as well as the server experience for some players.

I would prefer if this didn't happen again. Please Zax, grow up and type slower.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)