CraftBlock We're back! Goods news and bad news.

misskoa

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
  • misskoa

misskoa

Hey, Crafters! We're back!
After a week of moving our server files to the new box (Dedicated Machine), we're finally [almost] back. With this move we've gained some new server specs, and 2 Terabytes of storage. We can now handle a lot more!

We've successfully moved over our server files and forums, however, we do have some bad news.

The bad news: database information was lost.
You may have noticed that the forum is not what it used to be. You may have noticed that you had to register again, and that there might be missing subforums, and all the posts are gone.

Doing the move, we've had A LOT of complications. One of those complications caused us to lose our databases, which stores data from our various plugins. The data that was lost:

• LWC
    • Protections plugin
    • None of your doors, furnaces, chests, etc. are locked anymore
  • Towny
    • Towns plugin
    • All Nations, Towns, Residents and Plot data are now gone
    • Fear not, your physical towns and structures are still standing - the Town itself just does not exist in the database anymore.
  • SurvivalGames
    • Currently not enabled, but will be in the future!
  • CoreProtect
    • Has bigger implications for the staff than players
    • No block place or break logs
    • No chest access logs
  • mcmmo
    • Hard-earned mcmmo levels are gone

We've decided to disable Towny until the reset to the new map to minimize any future problems or abuse.

This really sucked and we tried everything to retrieve the data, but we came to realize, it's impossible. We apologize for that loss. :(

But this shouldn't happen again! :)

For the past one and and a half years, we've suffered through rollbacks, our forum was hacked and wiped, plugin data loss (Our economy, for example) and now a total wipe of all of our forum and server databases.

Before the move, we were unable to keep proper backups because of how big our worlds and servers were (close to 20 gigabytes for CraftBlock's main world) and our space was limited (only around 110 gigabytes!). But now we can make an effort to make sure any kinda data loss will never happen again. What we put in place:

• Twice daily server backups
  • Backup of daily backups, every 3 days
  • Weekly backup of those backups
  • Weekly backups are sent to a safe remote storage
  • MySQL Database backups every 4 hours!
  • Combined backup of database backups
  • Combined backups are sent to a safe remote storage
So as you can see, we've made a huge effort to backup our data so we'll never have forum or server data loss again! :)

We'll be carefully monitoring our servers. If one or all of them goes down, we'll know!

Thank you guys for staying with us after all of this, we've worked really hard to get these servers back up!

When will the servers be up?

We're having some complications with our servers control panel (McMyAdmin), which is very important to us and our other server staff to help manage and moderate the servers. We need it to actually operate.

For now, CraftBlock, the main server is up and running. We're using this time to monitor how it's performing until MCMA support can help us out. Please reply to this post if you notice any server lag and you're sure it isn't on your end.

IP: mc.craftblock.me

Note: Even though we have 2TB Of space, this doesn't mean we just got better performance, however, we do have better specs, so we should have a little bit of performance benefit, HOWEVER, 2TB of space isn't related to anything of how our servers performs! The benefit that the 2TB space comes in is where we can store more data, less risk of losing data.

Dr0psh0t

Dr0psh0t

Official Arsehole
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
I'll let you know when I find myself
  • Dr0psh0t

Dr0psh0t

Wow! It's okay, because in the end you got us the 2 TB! Thank you so much, and all of the owners/people who helped in this!

AnimeUW_lper

AnimeUW_lper

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
canada
  • AnimeUW_lper

AnimeUW_lper

Race you to level 500 in acro crazyboy :p

D

Dravanis

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
  • D

Dravanis

Even though all that data was lost and we had to register again I see this as more of a benefit then anything. It gives us even more reason to anticipate the map reset. Which would mean I wouldn't have to guard a mansion cluttered with 20 chests of stuff anymore :D

whiteNnerdy234

whiteNnerdy234

Aren't you the guy wth all the commands?
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Canada
  • whiteNnerdy234

whiteNnerdy234

When will the map reset? And what exactly will happen? Will we have to get all our stuff again? (Takes a breath) Just so I know:huh:

P

plusNick

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
England
  • P

plusNick

Well, at least we're back! Just wondering, any news on when Nanoblock will be back up?

G

GuitarmanJT1990

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
  • G

GuitarmanJT1990

to be honest i completely love the redesign of this site... the old one was boring... this seems more fun!

but when is the map officially resetting me and iiidarkcloudiii are not coming on until the update. because it is pointless to keep building on stuff that will soon be destroyed. 

J

JagSwag2014

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
USA
www.planetminecraft.com
  • J

JagSwag2014

plusNick said:
Well, at least we're back! Just wondering, any news on when Nanoblock will be back up?
Most likely as soon as McMyAdmin starts working again.

X

xInZax

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
  • X

xInZax

Very cool! I'm very excited about all of the new changes and updates!

B

Ben4900

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
  • B

Ben4900

Me too, Zax! I am very excited for this!

uhhlking

uhhlking

issa lking
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
America
  • uhhlking

uhhlking

I'm sad to see Towny go.. but hey, at least it will be back! I'm also liking the new forums layout... :3

T

THGlikeaboss

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Texas
  • T

THGlikeaboss

atleast we are back up!

P

Pokemon1212

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Kanto,Johto, Hoenn, Sinoh, Unova
  • P

Pokemon1212

Yay yay yay :D "Everything begins with a single step, and this is step one"
Long Live CB

Bubblesbobjoe

Bubblesbobjoe

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Everywhere
  • Bubblesbobjoe

Bubblesbobjoe

Cool! I cannot wait to get back onto the servers :D!!!

Ww_Crow_wW

Ww_Crow_wW

Tired ™
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
???
  • Ww_Crow_wW

Ww_Crow_wW

Kind of sad to hear all those plugins are gone and i wont be able to check around if the servers up till tomorrow, but im sure tt is gone XD but ah well, it dosent matter because were back up! I'll find a way to create a town somehow knowing me qnd my impossible computer XD

D

DON_Studios

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
TEXAS
  • D

DON_Studios

i cant connect to the main as of recent is there a alternet ip i can try