Vay-Kay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiplover2

Deadbeat o3o
Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
your local bag of chips (so much air in here!)
I'm going on a well-overdue vacation for a week in Rhode Island! It's not Italy (or wherever people go that's actually exotic X3), but I guess we spent all of our vacation money on electronics (FINE by me XD.)

I get to stay in someone else's house and do exactly what I do here in a different location! :D I'll be bringing my 2008 Inspiron 1525 Laptop with me as my computer (many'a Webkinz was played on it, back in the day), so I'm not using the most up-to-date piece of machinery out there :L. 

Being as vigilant as I am, I tested out some essentials on it before I left:
  • Netflix (the speakers are total shit, but I realized how PERFECT 15" is for Netflix): Works fine!
  • Minecraft 1.6.4 (without Optifine, yet): Kinda laggy, but it's satisfactory.
  • Minecraft 1.7.2 (a.k.a. Main): About as bad as 1.6.4.
  • Minecraft 1.7.5/10: Doesn't work! I believe it's the graphics card (doesn't work with OpenGL, whatever that means XP).
  • Nano (1.6.4 with 98 mods, lol): Not enough RAM can be allocated!  I've talked it over with my dad a little, and we'll try our hardest to crack into the launcher via command line and see if we can squeeze in 2 gig ;). No promises doe.
Well, that was the pure definition of 1st world problems right there. :L

Don't worry, I'll do summery stuff too, like go to the beach! I get to show off my bony, pasty little nerd body to the general public! How fun! I also get to go to the same exact places as I've been before for the fifth time in a row! (I've been vacating in the Narragansett area for 5 years now, lol)

Don't you guys worry about me; there's a KILLER pizza place just down the street! I'll be fine :3.

See you on CB! I'll be really laggy, but at least I can come on and do my job ;)

rbhusker

Crafter
Jan 8, 2014
United States
But... But... Wont you die from chip deprivation!? Dont you die on me!

Chiplover2

Deadbeat o3o
Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
your local bag of chips (so much air in here!)
Sorry... I think it best if I don't come on until the end of my little fiasco.

A fatal combination of a Linksys router and COX internet makes my connection horribly slow, and my 3GB of RAM on my 6-year-old laptop isn't the most playable thing in the world, either. Lol.

I'd much rather suffer by not playing than suffer by having to face up to the judgement of Optifine. It makes me feel bad X3.

AppleJamnPB

I'm mythical now :D
Crafter
Jul 26, 2014
Not here, try Google!
Enjoy your vacation! We'll do our best not to blow up the server while you're gone. No promises, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)