V-Day 2k14 Deadline

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
@xInZaxx
Should we set a deadline for next week? The idea for the event was kinda... impromptu and a bit sudden. We didn't really have the time to organize it, or to let players know beforehand. Just as well, if we conclude it this Friday on Valentine's Day, players will have had, at most, 7 days to participate. That's kinda short, don't ya think?

So I was thinking, we could extend the event by a week to next Friday, then we can judge/award/whatever on Saturday. Whatcha think, @xInZaxx? :D

xInZax

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
The 21st sounds reasonable. Gives players a chance to take their time. I definitely agree to that. What about the in game rewards? I'm afraid to do monetary rewards as you just fixed the economy, but I'm not sure what else to give. I'm not very up to date with the rare items :)

Chiplover2

Deadbeat o3o
Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
your local bag of chips (so much air in here!)
xInZaxx said:
The 21st sounds reasonable. Gives players a chance to take their time. I definitely agree to that. What about the in game rewards? I'm afraid to do monetary rewards as you just fixed the economy, but I'm not sure what else to give. I'm not very up to date with the rare items :)
I think a monetary award would be fantastic with the new economy, because it would give players more incentive, more purpose, to making the build. Now that you've made money more scarce, it'll be more fun to get cash prizes, not just another 10,000 more in the "collection".

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
Chiplover2 said:
xInZaxx said:
I think a monetary award would be fantastic with the new economy, because it would give players more incentive, more purpose, to making the build. Now that you've made money more scarce, it'll be more fun to get cash prizes, not just another 10,000 more in the "collection".
Problem is, I didn't just reset everybody's balance. I gave a choice to reset your balance, and a lot of players have not taken the opportunity, and still have millions upon millions in their bank. For the time being, I think monetary prizes should be left out.

Instead, I could whip up some special tools, weapons, armor, etc. for the winning couples, to their specifications. For example, if Mono and Matx win, they could specify a set of chainmail armor with a set name like "Treepony Mail Armor" or something to that effect. lol

I can rename items with formatting in the name, as well as add lore to the items, and I might even be able to modify the durability of them... I'm not sure... I'll have to do some testing to see if I can make them infinitely durable or something so the set will never be destroyed, and they can either wear it forever, store it forever, or mount it on their wall. :p

xInZax

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
We still need to give the in-game rewards for the X-mas Comp ;). What do you think? It would be cool to give out a special kit to those who participated with awesome enchantments.

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
xInZaxx said:
We still need to give the in-game rewards for the X-mas Comp ;). What do you think? It would be cool to give out a special kit to those who participated with awesome enchantments.
That can be arranged. :p I already sorted out how to make a tool, weapon or piece of armor more-or-less invincible. lol So the prizes can be forever, so long as the player who receives them doesn't destroy or lose them. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)