Using Proxy to bypass 24 hour wait time for voting?

R3ali1ty

Crafter
Jan 2, 2014
Arctic Biome
While I was on today, a user named asamomc claimed he had voted from the same website twice without waiting 24 hours. I wanted to know what happened. He explained he was using a proxy to change his timezones so he can vote multiple times. I'm pretty positive that's not allowed because you can vote unlimitedly. I told him not to do it and he Okay. Then he said because he's in Greece, he cannot access the website so he uses different time zones. I told him not to use the proxy for time zone changing for his advantages. Now, is this actually a thing? Is there a way so that the voting websites know this is happening? Or is he/she lying after all.

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
Proxies don't change your timezone, that's not how these things work. The voting sites operate off of your IP address, not your timezone. Using a proxy masks your true address, allowing you to bypass these things by using different proxies in succession in order to vote multiple times.

No, it is not allowed. And I'm 100% certain they're bullshitting you. Simply living in Greece isn't going to restrict you from accessing craftblock.me. Unless they're North Korea. I highly doubt Greece is North Korea. If it is, then my understanding of Geography goes out the window and I think I might be Russian.

R3ali1ty

Crafter
Jan 2, 2014
Arctic Biome
Ar7ific1al said:
Proxies don't change your timezone, that's not how these things work. The voting sites operate off of your IP address, not your timezone. Using a proxy masks your true address, allowing you to bypass these things by using different proxies in succession in order to vote multiple times.

No, it is not allowed. And I'm 100% certain they're bullshitting you. Simply living in Greece isn't going to restrict you from accessing craftblock.me. Unless they're North Korea. I highly doubt Greece is North Korea. If it is, then my understanding of Geography goes out the window and I think I might be Russian.
Thanks for the clarification. I highly doubted what he said was true in any sort of way. Just wanted to ask you guys, since I have no clue what these do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)