Useless Items

whiteNnerdy234

Aren't you the guy wth all the commands?
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Canada
We all find some items pretty useless so I want to get a discussion going. Btw, give a reason why. In my opinion, music disks and jukeboxes are pretty useless, if you want to hear music, just go on YouTube.

Omega_Shenron

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Windstad Manor, Skyrim, Tamriel
I think that (Oh god this is gonna sound bad xP) hoes are useless (I told you xD). I mean, we should have something much harder than a hoe (dear jesus this post...) in order to start farming.

whiteNnerdy234

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Canada
I see what you mean, not saying everyone else will though, the ONE useful thing about it however, is that if you break a block with it, it won't damage the hoe.

whiteNnerdy234

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Canada
Rotten flesh is used for brewing isn't it?

CreativeNJ

"NJ"
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Sydney, Australia
ojoman2001 said:
I always eat rotten flesh...

A useless item would be the fern. It does nothing =3
 Why would you say that about something so delicious.... especially when its in fine powder.... *im implying nothing*

D

DemonicKitty123

ummmmm id have to say charcoal, like just go mining like a real man if you need light or to cook things. ^.^

Dezzear

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia <3
Sexykitty123 said:
ummmmm id have to say charcoal, like just go mining like a real man if you need light or to cook things. ^.^
 I like staying above ground D:
----------------------------------

Glass panes, much useless.  Glass blocks did the job perfectly well + panes are lit weirdly, and dont really fit in with the lighting everywhere else.

another thing, you cant use them for skylights

D

DemonicKitty123

Dezzear said:
Sexykitty123 said:
 I like staying above ground D:
----------------------------------

Glass panes, much useless.  Glass blocks did the job perfectly well + panes are lit weirdly, and dont really fit in with the lighting everywhere else.

another thing, you cant use them for skylights
Well you gotta go mining eventually :p but i like glass panes they make minecraft more real, even though the world is blocks :3

whiteNnerdy234

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Canada
This is what I wanted! Good long discussion! I don't have regular access to CB so I stay up to date via the forums and sometimes I get bored so that's why I started this thread, keep it up!

Nayxerr

mths? I'm Nayxerr now!
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
I think most of the stuff is usefull. Everything got their own job. You just have to figure out a good way to use it :)

Just to join the charcoal discussion. If you burn six logs with four wooden planks you will get six charcoal. With these charcoals you can burn 48 logs and get 48 new charcoals. Easy way instead of searching in caves and you really need coal right now.

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
Holy_Rabbitz said:
Sexykitty123 said:
Agreed. It's practically only useful in SkyBlock.
Neither of you put much logical thought into this. Charcoal is a product of smelting logs in a furnace. Coal is a product of mining.

Simply put, coal is a non-renewable resource. There's only so much of it in a Minecraft world. Granted, if you were to count every single Coal Ore from sky to bedrock from z=-32,000,000 to x=32,000,000, there would be millions of coal ore. That's fine and dandy. Trees, however, are literally an infinite source, because you can plant a sapling, let it grow, chop it down, and plant more trees.

Trees yield an unlimited amount of charcoal whereas coal is finite. That being said, Coal has one extra use over Charcoal: coal blocks.

There is no single useless item. All items and blocks have a purpose, function or use. Ferns (another item mistakenly claimed to be useless) are quite decorative. Foliage in general shouldn't be considered useless, as it makes the terrain more interesting and less boring while also providing decoration for houses, walkways, etc.

Jukeboxes and music discs are also not useless. Music discs are collectible, for one, seeing as how only two of them are obtainable through easy means. 13 and Cat can be found in Dungeon chests, whereas the rest may only be obtained at random by having a Skeleton kill a Creeper. This is considerably more dangerous and difficult to do than finding a Dungeon with a 13 or Cat disc in a chest. Jukeboxes are like record players. In fact, that's exactly what they are. They're decoration items, and can turn a drab diner into a snazzy 70's hangout. Ergo, not useless.

The hoe is just as useless as a shovel. You can't till a field with your hands, now can you? Though to be honest, it is kind of stupid that there are so many types of hoe. One stone hoe can last a really, really long time. Iron is probably the highest anyone ever goes. Diamond is too valuable and rare to be wasted on a hoe.

Rotten flesh is also not useless. It can be used as a last-minute risk vs. reward attempt at saving your own life. Chow on some rotten flesh if you're starving, and you might get lucky and not poison yourself. It's also fun for filling chests in haunted houses to act as rotted meat left in an unpowered refrigerator or in a not so cold anymore ice box.

Cauldrons are also decorative. Highly, I might add. They can act as sinks, bathtubs, toilets, platforms, storage, wells... They're far from useless.

Glass panes are also not useless. They're highly decorative, and fill in where glass blocks fail. Glass blocks can be quite ugly in a modern build or in a situation where an actual windowsill would be desirable.

There, I've covered every supposed useless item so far. I feel confident enough that I can negate any other claims to uselessness, as well. BRING IT. >:3 lol

:nyan:nyan:nyan:nyan:nyan:nyan:nyan:nyan:nyan:nyan:nyan:nyan:nyan:nyan

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
I'm not going to say it's useless, but the most annoying item for me is the spider eyes. Always hogging an inventory slot and too rare to just throw away. They are also pretty nasty both in looks and in what they are. I mean seriously, who would automatically collect spider eyes laying on the ground, it's not nice at all.

ojoman2001

ojoman
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Ireland
www.com
Spider eyes are.difinately not useless. They are used in potion making potions (durrr) and like rotten flesh, can be used for a last resort meal =3

whiteNnerdy234

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Canada
And I thought I write a lot. Lol I think you have a point Ar7 no one item is completely useless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)