Important Upcoming changes to Survival Ranks & Forums.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Hello guys!

In the next week or so, we're going to transition CraftBlock's survival ranks from AutoRank back to manual forum application ranks, however, we're going to do promotions differently this time around.

We added AutoRank to solve a few problems, and while it did solve those problems, the plugin itself just gave us more issues then we'd like, and it killed off an important social aspect of our server, the forums.

Manual applications was a mess before. A huge reason I wanted AR in the first place was our forum application ranks had very outdated and bad requirements, and when we get low on admins, we've constantly been late on promotions.

So we don't get those same issues again (At-least I hope we won't), I came up with a better structure for survival applications and promotions, as well as boosting more traffic to our website.

• Promotions: All staff are able to promote on Fridays.
    Hopefully when we have all of our staff being able to promote, we'll have no problems being late!

• Better Requirements
    Old requirements relied on time being on the server and a screenshot of builds. While those requirements will still exist, I'll make it so it's more fun and engaging for players, so it feels more rewarding when you apply.

• "Effort Rating" System:
    We want players to succeed in the community and try their best at being creative. To motivate players, we're coming up with a way to judge an application based on the effort they put into the requirements.

• First Rank Applications
    The "Build A House" theme is still there, but now new players will have to sign up and apply for ranks. We want an engaging community, and signing up on the forums, and applying is a first step to be apart of the community. Ambassadors & staff will be able to approve these applications at any time.

You can check out Pioneer's first application now. We'll finish off the 8 other ranks soon.

Hopefully by the end of the month, we'll have an engaging and active forum again, and AutoRank will be a thing of the past.

Thanks!

LegendOfCatBro

Captain Put-It-On-The-Support-Forums
Crafter
LegendOfCatBro
LegendOfCatBro
Jan 26, 2018
Behind You
one question... If we got a rank while AutoRank was still in use and we didn't meet the new requirements will our rank be reset ;-;

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
one question... If we got a rank while AutoRank was still in use and we didn't meet the new requirements will our rank be reset ;-;
No, you'll be able to apply to the next rank.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)