Not open for further replies.

Underappreciated

GiggaSenpai
Crafter
Dec 27, 2013
United states
youtube.com
Minecraft Username: Underappreciated
Your Ban report link: https://craftblock.me/threads/aeroblock-underappreciated.17184/#post-94704
Server banned from: Aeroblock
Reason of ban: AFK Farming/Mining
Who banned you?: TazBoi
Why should you be unbanned?: I apologize, I did not know AFK Farming was against the rules. Yes, it is my fault for not reading /rules but not many players do. I've been playing craftblock for many years and I meant no harm by it. I was willing to give up all the items I had mined, and I think 10 days for a ban is quite harsh. As a side note in the ban report it says "Ban for 10d because player did not use alt to help them mine (discussed with other staff)", however I have used an alt to help mine so I'm not sure what this means. I even found the logs in discord.
MissyBOT-Last Tuesday at 7:00 PM
Islander Underappreciated » are alts allowed
Islander Underappreciated » RoadToRiches is just my alt picking up the other side of my cobble gen xd
I was told using an alternate account is allowed by VG_Echo. (And others).
Aeroblock is the main server I spend my time on, being quite honest I didn't mean to mine as much as I did, I fell asleep many times haha. Anyways, I will no longer AFK Farm and I apologize for unknowningly doing it against the rules. It will not happen again.
(I know it's kinda stupid to request this for a temporary ban but seriously, I don't play any other servers on the network. I'd rather play on aeroblock while I am still am interested and having fun with it, rather than wait 10 days and probably not want to come on again.) I hope you consider.
Best regards,
Underappreciated
Brothertothewind was the player who told me how to create the afk mining thing, he encouraged me to do it and neither of us knew the rules against it. I kinda assumed it was okay as he was doing it too. I would also like to point out just as he did, this is my first incident and I am also a very long time player, you can tell from my join on the forums being in December of 2013, pretty sure on my youtube I have a video from 2012, if you would like me to provide that then I will, I apologize for what I did.

Last edited:

Tazboi

Supporter
Crafter
Oct 2, 2017
, I did not know AFK Farming was against the rules. Yes, it is my fault for not reading /rules but not many players do.
Very understandable, but the rules are a key part of maintaining sanctity of the server - such where other players don't use AFK mining as a technique, and are well off - so you were banned both for this offense and having AFK mined 4-5 times prior. It is of utmost necessity to ask or look for the gray area and read the rules, especially considering that they are written explicitly and in bold. As well, interestingly, you continued to AFK mine despite brothertothewind being banned for doing it just a few days earlier, which (for most players) would send a few red flags that AFK mining overnight might be pushing it.
As a side note in the ban report it says "Ban for 10d because player did not use alt to help them mine (discussed with other staff)", however I have used an alt to help mine so I'm not sure what this means. I even found the logs in discord.
This is because we're using brothertothewind's 2 week ban as precedent. The ban was lowered to a week and a half due to you not using an alt to mine on a separate cobble generator, as brother did (on oxdriver). Considering this key detail, we did not want to punish you for multiboxing/using the same "exploit" as he did. If you would like to admit to doing so, however, the alt can be added to the ban.
Islander Underappreciated » are alts allowed
Islander Underappreciated » RoadToRiches is just my alt picking up the other side of my cobble gen xd I was told using an alternate account is allowed by VG_Echo. (And others).
Again, alternate accounts are perfectly allowed. You are not in the wrong for using RoadToRiches to pick up the cobble from your cobble gen, and it's particularly notable that you were not AFK when asking whether you could use him to pick up cobble from your generator, for you were not AFK quite mining for this time period.
Brothertothewind was the player who told me how to create the afk mining thing, he encouraged me to do it and neither of us knew the rules against it. I kinda assumed it was okay as he was doing it too.
Thanks for noting this, it's very important for the Staff to know whether you're being pressured by other players to convene in activities that break the rules. If you find suspicion in a player attempting to coax you into something again, please double check the rules to make sure there is no violation, and interact with Staff if there is a failure in correlation.

It will not happen again.
(I know it's kinda stupid to request this for a temporary ban but seriously, I don't play any other servers on the network. I'd rather play on aeroblock while I am still am interested and having fun with it, rather than wait 10 days and probably not want to come on again.) I hope you consider.
Thank you very much the sincerity of your apology, and we can completely come to an understanding on why you made a ban appeal for a temporary ban this long. Further considering the special case that you do not find interest in the other servers, where brother did, and you fully admitted, complied, and apologized through the entire process. Considering all this, I will lower your ban to 3 days (since your investigation/ban sentencing, so you will have ~11 hours to wait before playtime again after this post), but please be weary of the rules and updates to the rules on the forums. Refusing to follow rules of chat will be considered separately, but further usage of rule extortion may result in a full length ban or greater.

I hope you go to read at least some of the statements to better understand the reasoning for your ban and the process instead of skipping directly to the end. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)