Umm, hello there

adam_graham

Crafter
Jan 4, 2014
Mcminnville, TN USA
well some of you may know me and the ones that do prob know i'm a nice guy that likes to have fun. My name is Adam Graham just like my username.(bad i know but i didn't know what to make it and i could see my name better than some thing random)
I'm 16 about to be 17 on April 9th. I Love Emchuz my girlfriend (Emily). we have been going out for 1 year now but this is an introduction xD. ummm? I'm a nice guy and will help any one i can. or guide you to help :). I like to think more then i act all tho i have A.D.D. which has been a pain in my ass all my life. but i also love to be random A.D.D. helps wit that xD.
i looking to make more craft block friends or just more friend in general. because if you really want to get to know me you should talk, play, chat with me. and if you want to see my bio just click on my name. i talk about my mother. 

add me on skype :at: adamgraham123456

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
Hey Adam! You Bio is pretty intense, man. Haha But one bit of advice that I can give you is, your past doesn't define you. You Mom may be a part of the reason why you can't spell. I don't know. But you're almost 17, dude. Now you're almost an adult. So it's not her fault anymore. It's yours. All of your decisions that you've made since you were like, 14 have been your own. Most of the time most likely. So, my advice is, take responsibility for yourself. You have no excuse to remain bad at spelling or grammar. Learn how to do it correctly from here on out.

Also, don't let the fiction disease "A.D.D." hold you back either. ADD is actually your brain working fast. Learn to control it, and use it to your advantage. I would have been diagnosed with ADD or ADHD growing up if I would have been diagnosed by a doctor, probably. My brain is always thinking about 20 things at once. But I've learned how to focus on one or a few things at a time. But I'm always constantly paying attention to my surroundings. And I'm not a stressful person. I don't worry about things or get stressed easily. But I always try to be aware of my surroundings.

I've gone off on a bit of a rant here, but I think that it may all help you in your life. If you'd like to hear more, feel free to ask me anything. ;) See you around.

whiteNnerdy234

Aren't you the guy wth all the commands?
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Canada
Welcome to Craftblock! One stereotype I hear a lot is that people with mental conditions are complete airheads, I frown upon this because I myself actually have Autism but I've grown up fine (or so I think :p) Enough about that though, check mine and Valk's sigs and see you in-game!

adam_graham

Crafter
Jan 4, 2014
Mcminnville, TN USA
Valk no sweat. you spoke the truth and i kinda need that i've never really talk to any one about this. i do need to learn how to spell and get better at grammer but i slowly am but like i said in my bio i cant stand to felt sorry for. but valk thank you for your help :) and thanks white ^.^.

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
adam_graham said:
Valk, no sweat. You spoke the truth, and I kind of need that. I've never really talked to any one about this. I do need to learn how to spell, and get better at grammar. I slowly am, but like I said in my bio, I can't stand to be felt sorry for.  But Valk, thank you for your help, :) and thanks white. ^.^
no problem. Anytime. If you have need for any advice, feel free to PM me. ;) 

Also, I fixed your spelling and some punctuation in this reply. Took forever! jk Haha Look it over and see what I did. One important thing that I can tell you is, Always CAP your EYE's! lol 
Instead of this "i", do this, "I". And Cap your beginning letters, too. 

I would also suggest changing your Bio. Take out all of your very personal stuff, like about your Mom. Make it about you. People want to know about you. Not your Mom. Haha You are not your Mom. Tell us about you. ;)

Timmy9997

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Australia
I like that you don't have a negative attitude towards your ADD. A lot of people let it get them down and I like that you realise that it helps add to your character :)
Again, what valk said, if you ever need to talk to anyone or vent or get angry or anything just send me a pm and I'll try my best to help!!

Try not to focus on your issues too much. When I was about 14 my friend told me I had depression and while I did genuinely have depression, getting told that and then focusing on it so much, just made me more depressed.
For example with your mum (I haven't actually read your bio yet but I will when I get on my PC), don't let whatever she has done bother you. As soon as that happens, you will spiral down and soon enough EVERYTHING will just pull you down more and more. One very good thing to do is say three good things that happened to you during the day. My family says this over dinner but if we miss it one night, I say it with a close friend (and then I ask what three good things happened to them). These good things can be literally anything; I'll do mine right now for you all.

I bought a chocolate milk from the canteen that was refreshing.
I got through a bit of the book I have to read for English.
Although it started out as a cold day, it ended up being quite warm which was good because I didn't have a jumper with me.

See how easy it is? :)
Rules for this game:
You are not allowed to say something didn't happen, as in, it didn't rain. The trick is to stay positive. So you could do "the sun was up and shining" rather than "the clouds weren't around". Avoid negative words like didn't, won't, etc etc.

That's my trick to staying positive and looking up after a bad day or just any day in general :)

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
Yes. I do something similar. Where anytime throughout the day, I remind myself of everything that I'm grateful for in my life. Same rules as Timmys "3 Things". Haha No negative words. I like to keep myself in an attitude of gratitude. :D

JustSam98

Crafter
Dec 30, 2013
Australia
Kia Ora Adam, Welcome to CraftBlock! See ya around the place, hopefully.

#TimezonesAlwaysWin

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
Much better, Adam. Definitely work on your spelling. Especially if you spend a lot of time online and communicating through written word. That's very important. SpellCheck is your friend. Haha If I don't know how to spell a word, I do 1 or more of 3 things. 1) SpellCheck. 2) I use my voice-to-text feature on my phone. 3) Always have an extra tab open with Bing (You can use Google if you want. I just happen to like Bing better.), if I question anything, I do a search for it to see how correct I am. I also use the extra search tab to check facts, research, & make sure I won't sound like an idiot before posting. Operative word being , "Before". :p

I hope those tips help you. They help me many times a day. ;) Again... Like I said, growing up, any Doctor would have told me that I had ADD/ADHD. I would still have it. It's a "fake disease". It's not even a disease or disorder. It's your brain acting faster than your mouth or hands, making you want to do everything or say everything at once. I'm always thinking about at least 20 different things at once. Always want to do everything at the same time. It's virtually impossible to do. Haha But it is not impossible to learn to control it.

ADD/ADHD, in my opinion, is just intelligence. People tell you that it's a problem and try to give you drugs to slow you down. Why would you want to numb your brain?! Use that shit to it full potential! Haha It get easier to focus. So you're not being distracted by everything around you, but you still pay attention and are aware of everything going on around you. You just have to teach yourself how to pay attention without getting distracted. It's not easy at first, but it get's to the point where it's 2nd nature eventually. You should look into it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)