FlyingRat102

Bucket hat enthusiast
Crafter
Dec 18, 2013
Arizona, USA
  • FlyingRat102

FlyingRat102

[img=500x500]http://i.imgur.com/C4ykXaL.png[/img]
Sorry for crappy screenshot, just wanted to quickly get this out there.
Staff to player ratio, 1:39

J

JagSwag2014

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
USA
www.planetminecraft.com
  • J

JagSwag2014

lmfao. Server really jumped in population since the reset. Good to know for popularity, bad for staff to player ratio. lololol

misskoa

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
  • misskoa

misskoa

We'll never have enough staff, thats why we rely so much on our wikis, forums, help from other players, and ambassadors.

J

JagSwag2014

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
USA
www.planetminecraft.com
  • J

JagSwag2014

Yes, but I'm 99% sure that nearly half, if not more, don't even go to the wikis or forums. Ambassadors were warned (I guess, lolol) today for not helping out by @Ar7ific1al, so hopefully that will kick in. Other players seem to be helpful, for the most part.

D

DemonicKitty123

Yeah there is always ambassadors on, but not many mods. only lking, Rat and I come on now and i will be on less starting tomorrow because my mom is only allowing me to have 2 hours of internet -_-

A

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
  • A

Ar7ific1al

kawohi said:
We'll never have enough staff, thats why we rely so much on our wikis, forums, help from other players, and ambassadors.
The wiki is largely ignored. The forum in general is largely ignored. It's 2014, kawohi. People are lazy as fuck. Someone asks something in-game that's already answered, to great detail, on the wiki, and I tell them to go read the wiki for it, they say one of the following:
  • nevermind
  • too lazy
  • meh
  • just tell me
  • other
This laziness is why I refuse to help players who can't help themselves in any way. If a player has actually taken the time to read the wiki, and understands the extremely plain English of it, but still has a problem with something, I'm more than willing to help.

However, players like RoyalArson who spent the first 30 minutes on the new spawn asking how to leave the spawn and go somewhere to build, who completely ignored everything in the newbie spawn, who completely ignored the wiki, and want everything completely spoon-fed to them, will get zero help from me. I encourage staff to not help, as well, and instead point them to the wiki and forum. We have a forum with information, and it goes ignored. Avoxsas put several days of work into that Wiki. I put weeks of work into getting the features that Wiki explains to even exist. Our work is unappreciated and ignored by more than half of the players that come around, and it's extremely irritating.

No offense to sexykitty, lking, or other underage staff and other underage but highly responsible/intelligent/sensible players like hannah and omega_shenron, but this is why I can't stand young kids anymore. The majority of our players are young, ranging from eight to thirteen. I know CraftBlock is supposed to be a kid-friendly server where players of all ages can play. But we're getting to the point where we're being overrun by kids under the age of 13 with little to no players online at any given moment exceeding 17, and much less 20.

But to address what Jag said about me addressing the Ambassadors, this is more or less the case. Ambassadors are there to help out when mods aren't around or are already occupied helping other players. The problem is, nobody asks them for help. On top of this, they don't ask any players if they need help. I need to make it clear that if you have no will to constantly drop what you're doing in order to help other players, you don't have any business being a moderator or an Ambassador.

J

Jshepherd_3

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
  • J

Jshepherd_3

if there is a shortage of mods, i can hop on to main every now and then if needed? just thought id offer a suggestion :) also with a lot of staff being from America (I presume :S) and me being from England, i can be on during the times that you can't, if im needed too :)

J

JagSwag2014

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
USA
www.planetminecraft.com
  • J

JagSwag2014

Good point.

I get on CB every now and then. I'll get on a bit more to help out. :)

Nayxerr

Nayxerr

mths? I'm Nayxerr now!
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
  • Nayxerr

Nayxerr

So am I allowed to work as a Mod with the stuff you gave me?

misskoa

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
  • misskoa

misskoa

So lets create urls to sections instead of linking to just the wiki, uf theyrr still to lazy, a small sentence to help.

/wiki/pstones to #pstones

U

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
  • U

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Is there any way to make a clickable sign to take someone to a URL? Like in chat, but in-game from a sign instead? That would be cool. Or to be able to do it in a "/shop" type of menu. I guess that they could always just do /help or something, too. Haha

A

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
  • A

Ar7ific1al

mths said:
Of course, feel free to help out if necessary. You're under no obligation to do so, though, so don't feel like you have to help out. :)

A

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
  • A

Ar7ific1al

Uu_VALKYRE_uU said:
Is there any way to make a clickable sign to take someone to a URL? Like in chat, but in-game from a sign instead? That would be cool. Or to be able to do it in a "/shop" type of menu. I guess that they could always just do /help or something, too. Haha
I'm sure a plugin exists, but I think I could easily add it to CraftBlockEssentials after a bit of research and development. But I think it would be awesome if BossShop could allow menu items to act as URLs. I think I'll go suggest that on the Bukkit dev page! :D

Nayxerr

Nayxerr

mths? I'm Nayxerr now!
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
  • Nayxerr

Nayxerr

Ar7ific1al said:
mths said:
Of course, feel free to help out if necessary. You're under no obligation to do so, though, so don't feel like you have to help out. :)
I will help as much as I can :)

Just a side note. My brother will maybe fix a new account for me. I will tell you if he do so for me :)

S

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
  • S

_SunDust_

JagSwag2014 said:
Yes, but I'm 99% sure that nearly half, if not more, don't even go to the wikis or forums. Ambassadors were warned (I guess, lolol) today for not helping out by @Ar7ific1al, so hopefully that will kick in. Other players seem to be helpful, for the most part.
Is jags date 5th jan or May 1st?   Anyways I share that concern too lately as you know our servers been hitting 40 or above, and one mod on.  In admin chat I said as there were 3 ambys on anyone checking on the blocklings( I like to pay them a visit when I join the server). Next thing I see some commotion with the ambys checking up on our new players, being helpful motivating them to progressing in the server.  I do see how very help they can be at a time when mods low, if they aren't on minechat.

X

xInZax

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
  • X

xInZax

@Ar7ific1al You took that right out of my mouth. The students I have, bless their hearts, are so lazy. Everything is already easily accessible via web, yet they still refuse to utilize their resources to figure out an answer. I usually write up my directions with a "high school" mentality over middle school, and my students hate reading the text. My favorite is:

Student: "Wait, what were we supposed to do?"
Me: Did you read the directions?
Student: Yes...
Me: What did it say?
Student: I don't know...

Gah!

Holy_Rabbitz

Holy_Rabbitz

Empress of Imagination
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
forever in the heart of broadcast
  • Holy_Rabbitz

Holy_Rabbitz

I'm as active as I can be, but I do need to be on a bit more. Plus, in that pic, I was Ambass lol

I

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
  • I

IshrkI

Well, now that poke shuts down both Mono and Amir are free to play more on main and might be up for trying to mod. I haven't really talked much to Mono but I do know that Amir is responsible and mature enough to be a moderator on Main.

Any thoughts about them as mods?
(and I think it's safe to say that we don't need everyone to explain how awesome they are as persons, let's keep it civilized.)

X

xInZax

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
  • X

xInZax

I think Amir handled everything much better than Mono. He doesn't cuss at players :)

Interesting topic though.