The Reality of Depression

Omega_Shenron

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Windstad Manor, Skyrim, Tamriel
Depression isn't a mood, it is the lack thereof.

Depression is numbness
It is the lack of all want and need to live
It is the lack of all want and need to love
It is the lack of all want and need to wake up
It is the lack of all want and need to be
Depression is lacking life
Depression is about numbing yourself
Forgetting yourself
Leaving yourself
Numbing yourself

Depression isn't the cause of suicide
It is but an effect of numbness
It is the fake reality that no one loves you
It is the inability to realize that people care for you

"Why live? Why love? Why wake up? Why be? Why was I born? Is this what I want? Do I want? Do I ever think? Why do I think, then? Did I think? Did that person ever love me? Were they faking? Were they pitying me? Did I ever want to live? Why is this gun here?"

These are common questions a numbed person may think. 
I, myself, have thought many of these. 

When that one person who you really like or love criticizes you, you die inside. You want to leave. You want to just forget about life. 

Numbness is Depression

I fell for it. I am falling for it. I have fallen for it. It's a pit with no way out. You start thinking it is hopeless. The only way out is the only way out of everything-death.

Numbed people are done with everything. They are Angry, Raged, Saddened, Weeping, Loving, Hating, Regretting, Roughened, and Destroyed people. Why is it people are led into numbness? 

It could be self-inflicted, caused by a loss of someone, caused by someone who hates, it could be caused by you hating, it could be caused by someone you love betraying, someone you love disapproving, or someone you love and think loves you-hating.

Ben4900

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
I have also gone through this, and am going through this. I have a much deeper respect for you now, Omega. Thank you fir that.

FlyingRat102

Bucket hat enthusiast
Crafter
Dec 18, 2013
Arizona, USA
I am going to sit down and reply to this once I have the time to share all my thoughts on this, so I'll reply soon.

Johnthorian

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
USA
I have been through these feelings, every single one, and i still have these feeling to this day. We are broken people, is what we would be called. We feel like we have nothing to live for. In other peoples heads, that thought isn't true, but in ours, it's all we can think about. Thank you Omega.

whiteNnerdy234

Aren't you the guy wth all the commands?
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Canada
C'est magnifique! Oui, je dit en francais :p

Timmy9997

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Australia
I like this.
Except there is a way out. All you need to do is lift your head up. Lift your head up and be proud of yourself; proud of how you have survived, proud of what you've achieved so far, proud that you CAN lift your head up.

One of my favorite quotes of all time is:
"How we survive, is what makes us who we are."
So, lift your head. Appreciate what difficulties you are going through as they will make you a better person in the end. Recognise that everyone goes through tough times in their life, even your parents and most likely your friends who might be going through the same thing at the same time. If they can survive, why can't you?

Sometimes it feels like a bottomless pit with no ending, but it's not. It's a long, long pit, but there are ledges you can grab while your falling. Grab one of those, pull yourself up and walk out the tunnel of light that leads from it. There's no light in suicide, they are the people who haven't been able to grab a ledge and who haven't realises that they are in control of themselves.
Again, offering my help to anyone who would like it, all you need to do is message me. If you like you could even add me on Skype.

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
Timmy's right. I would add to that by saying, We all fall sometimes. So we all know it's not fun. Keep your head up. If you get out of your hole, extend a hand to help save another person that you see falling. Even if they miss your hand, it may help them catch the next persons' hand. By helping each other, we can all make it to the surface again. No matter how small the gesture. A kind word, a smile, a random high five (Seriously, it's awesome. Try it sometime! :) ).

I'm not going to lie, I thought that this was turning into a suicide note, by the sound of it. I was really worried. I'm glad that it was just a very dark poem. Haha I'm also available to talk if Timmy's busy. @Timmy9997, and I are like an advice column duo. Mitz & Valks' Life Lessons. Haha Or something more catchy and actually good. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)