The Mortal Instruments

Omega_Shenron

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Windstad Manor, Skyrim, Tamriel
This is just for general chat about the series. This can also be for any ships you have from a view perspective of "Reading the first books."

I'll go first :3

So I am on the third book (City of Glass) and I am waiting for it to come from Amazon (They said it could be up until June 3rd for it to come D: ) And I am so hyped to read it more. Such an intense series ^3^

tmfsftwd

Crafter
Apr 15, 2014
I loveeeeed this series. A new one just came out this month, I'm on the hunt for the download . There's also like 10 short stories that go along with this series and then there's another series clarissa wrote based in the same world just way before the mortal instruments time. It took me probly 2 weeks to read all of the books, I binge read when I find something I really like.

As for the movie.. I dont feel that they did the characters justice but it was still decent.

TheCrimsonKitten

Crafter
Jan 3, 2014
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Recently completed the entire series-Very impressed. No Spoilers,don't worry,but for anyone who is interested in this series-its a seven book collection of fantasy-which i loove. Clarissa [The Author] also has a prequel to this series as well _The Infernal Devices: i do however strongly recommend reading TMI first,then the prequel.

As for the movie, i was not impressed. i mean, the actors/actresses were phonomenael. I was however disappointed with all the changes they made to the movie..most of the things included didn't even happen in the book. I'd also recommend reading the first three books before you wanna 'test' out this movie. When i watched the movie,i was halfway through the sixth book at the time..and as I was watching it,i noticed they added a few spoilers as to some major plot twists that occur in Books 2 and 3

Omega_Shenron

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Windstad Manor, Skyrim, Tamriel
Samantha41632 said:
No Spoilers,don't worry,but for anyone who is interested in this series-its a 10+ collection of fantasy-which i loove. 
Yeah, there's wayyy more than that. There's a 3 book prequel, 3 book side series about Magnus Bane, and 2 more sequels to come.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)