The hobbit

to20to

Crafter
Jan 5, 2014
Rate: 8/10
When: January 5, 2013 
Where: Megashare
Details: 

Despite never really getting into the Lord of the rings films, this trilogy was GREAT! I loved the story line, the acting as always, was amazing. Probably my favorite one of the trilogy, you get introduced to many new characters and have a great time doing so. They also manage to provide an outstanding story line to follow.

Pros: Great CGI, exciting, nostalgic

Cons: Some parts were slow moving and the whole 10-15 minute scene with Smeagle was totally unnecessary haha! Also, they lacked a main female roll in the movie which was hard to notice considering they're all a bunch of dwarves.
SPOILER: 
Really terrible ending

As always this is an opinionated review which will hopefully help you determine whether you want to watch the film or not. Feel free to leave comments on your out take on the film, as well as suggestions for new movies to watch!

Dr0psh0t

Official Arsehole
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
I'll let you know when I find myself
The Smeagól scene pretty much built a big part of the storyline for LOTR. Also, it let Gandalf be more badass in the first book
JRR Tolkien portraying Gandalf said:
Pity!? It was Pity that stayed his hand. The decision to not strike without need.
AND FINALLY, it was Smeagól that led Frodo, the main character, to his death. Plus this is a prequel to LOTR...

to20to

Crafter
Jan 5, 2014
thags2000 said:
The Smeagól scene pretty much built a big part of the storyline for LOTR.  Also, it let Gandalf be more badass in the first book
Pity!? It was Pity that stayed his hand.  The decision to not strike without need.
AND FINALLY, it was Smeagól that led Frodo, the main character, to his death.  Plus this is a prequel to LOTR...
haha! well it wasnt entertaining thats for sure

Dr0psh0t

Official Arsehole
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
I'll let you know when I find myself
to20to said:
thags2000 said:
The Smeagól scene pretty much built a big part of the storyline for LOTR.  Also, it let Gandalf be more badass in the first book
Pity!? It was Pity that stayed his hand.  The decision to not strike without need.
AND FINALLY, it was Smeagól that led Frodo, the main character, to his death.  Plus this is a prequel to LOTR...
haha! well it wasnt entertaining thats for sure
WE ALL HAVE OUR OPINIONS XD

MrVickster

Reclusive
Crafter
Dec 18, 2013
USA
I find it silly to use a trilogy as a prequel to a trilogy when it was only one book.

Feb 21, 2014
Britain
thags2000 said:
Dafuq you talking about!?!? Frodo doesn't die (Well, he kind of does because going to the Grey Haven was a metaphor for going to heaven!). Smeagol Doesn't kill him or anything along those lines.... :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)