Teddy... Again.

Chiplover2

Deadbeat o3o
Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
your local bag of chips (so much air in here!)
This is from Teddy's most recent appeal:
Ar7ific1al said:
But I'll wait and see what others have to say before slapping a denied stamp on here.
Then, I was snooping around the older bits of the forums, and I found this lil' gem:
http://craftblock.me/forum/thread-558.html

Just bringing it up for those who haven't decided what to do yet. 

xInZax

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Well, we did give Sam a second chance and he's definitely grown and shown that he can be a very awesome member of the community. I don't really know Teddy that well to be honest, but the same could happen?

Don't get me wrong, I do not believe in second chances either. Rules apply everywhere, and usually if you slip on one rule, that rule becomes null. I guess I could use my rules on bathroom passes: I only give 2 out per 9 weeks, and these are tracked on their attendance (I am weird like that). If i were to let some student go 3 times, I will start getting the "Why do they get to go more than twice?", and everything falls out of place.

I don't know, it's a touchy subject. How many times has he gotten banned, and what for?

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
@xInZaxx Well, without any records of his bans from Buildworx, we can't say for sure. lolol He's been on and off the banlist since Buildworx, basically.

Holy_Rabbitz

Empress of Imagination
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
forever in the heart of broadcast
xInZaxx said:
Well, we did give Sam a second chance and he's definitely grown and shown that he can be a very awesome member of the community. 
Yes. Now, take killerz for example. He's been banned multiple times and has managed to inch his way back. Sam has gotten a lot more mature and has proved his wrong, and done right.

crackers1097

Crafter
Feb 8, 2014
Minnesota
Call me crazy, but I don't think Sam should be on this server right now. I don't know how he managed to turn around, but in all honesty, he shouldn't have allowed back on after his second/third ban. It just doesn't make much sense to even use the word "permanent" when people are just hopping back on again and again. The same applies for Teddy. I just don't see why we should keep up with this cycle, because chances are someone like Sam won't come around again, and Teddy won't be any different than before. I know it's cynical, I know it's harsh, but it's my honest opinion. There is one thing worse than breaking someone's trust, and that's doing it twice.

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
One thing I saw from valks post.

"But seriously. We all make mistakes. Maybe there shouldn't be such a hard absolute rule for this. Maybe it should remain situational? Leave out the absolutes? I'm not saying that the players should get unlimited chances. Just that different situations need individual judgement. "

“When we follow the temptations to make a bad choice, we limit our choices. The following example suggests how this works.

Imagine seeing a sign on the seashore that reads: [Danger—No Swimming] We might think that is a restriction. But is it? 

We still have many choices. We are free to swim somewhere else. We are free to walk along the beach and pick up seashells. We are free to watch the sunset. We are free to go home. 

We are also free to ignore the sign and swim in the dangerous place. But once the [danger the sign warned us of] has us in its grasp and we are pulled under, we have very few choices. We can try to escape, or we can call for help, but we may drown” 

What's happened is killer has failed to heed our warning signs, and we have tried to help him with bans and temp bans many times.  Well --- he hasn't drowned .  His ban is him floating out with the tide.  Time to think and ponder his actions. He's been banned a month? Not too sure was for his griefing, but that was due to him not thinking the situation out enough.  I posted a thread on how mayors could deal with situations like his last ban.

Hmm for his ban appeal, maybe we could give him a date to work towards
To work on himself.  Like username had too.  Would 2 months sound too long?  In that time we need to tell him we will be watching closely what he chooses to type and say in teamspeak and on forums.

Basically trying to help him control himself.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
crackers1097 said:
Call me crazy, but I don't think Sam should be on this server right now. I don't know how he managed to turn around, but in all honesty, he shouldn't have allowed back on after his second/third ban. It just doesn't make much sense to even use the word "permanent" when people are just hopping back on again and again. The same applies for Teddy. I just don't see why we should keep up with this cycle, because chances are someone like Sam won't come around again, and Teddy won't be any different than before. I know it's cynical, I know it's harsh, but it's my honest opinion. There is one thing worse than breaking someone's trust, and that's doing it twice.
You're right, he shouldn't. He did promise he was changed and we were nice enough to give him another chance, removing his perks first and see how he does. It took him a few months but he got where he was and he's been different ever since.

Even though a ban is permanent, you can always have a chance to get back on. You can play on our other servers and see if you can change your attitude there. That can help.

Why is taz, sam, or anyone wants to come back? Why didn't they find another server to play on? Why is it us that Sam chose to donate almost $200, after being banned at-least twice? (Not saying that matters here). Why is taz trying to appeal? There are millions of Minecraft servers, so why isn't he choosing one of those instead of us?

I personally think that means something. I think he does enjoy this community and he really wants to have another chance, but he keeps fucking up. Maybe, this one last time he'll change? it has been quite a few months.

If we do unban him, and I'm not saying he should be unbanned, I'll leave that up to @Ar7ific1al and @Avoxsas to decide, I think he should start out as a Builder and work his way up, like Sam did. 

JagSwag2014

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
USA
www.planetminecraft.com
I think it means that he will mess up again. He's already messed up 6+ times. I understand that you'd like him to stay because he helped start up the server with his donating or whatever, but that shouldn't be a valid reason to treat him differently from some other person. To my knowledge, Sam was not punished as much as Teddy. I think he's had enough chances. Each ban appeal involves him saying that he's changed, but he always does something else.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
JagSwag2014 said:
I think it means that he will mess up again. He's already messed up 6+ times. I understand that you'd like him to stay because he helped start up the server with his donating or whatever, but that shouldn't be a valid reason to treat him differently from some other person. To my knowledge, Sam was not punished as much as Teddy. I think he's had enough chances. Each ban appeal involves him saying that he's changed, but he always does something else.
I actually don't care of he comes back or not, I'm leaving that up to you guys :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)