Statues.

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
I may have already mentioned this. Not sure if it was old forums. 

I like the idea of this video. I hope its ok I paste it here. The sever is no longer operating due to lack of funds and it was a pvp raiding server.

On the video it shows I think they are NPC statues but I dont know whats it called. I like the idea because I thinkk we could have something like that on our server.
1. It shows all the staff - Which means players can get to know who is who, not only in the chat but see them.  We could maybe have a staff place in the spawn area.  Kinda like they did last map under the floor of the spawn.
Owner
Admin
Super mods
Mods
idk if ambassadors fit there?
On the signs we could have players name and info about that player, cheeky or otherwise.

2. To also have stands for contributors.  Different area from the staff.  There are alot of contributors.  But it could be for contributors during a quarterly period.
At the end of the quarter they get deleted.  And it frees the stand up for those who want to have their statues there for the next quarter will donate/contribute monetry? wise.

So like Jan - Feb - Mar
Only those who paid a contribution those months will be displayed and deleted once the quarter is up.
Apr May June
July Aug Sep
Oct Nov Dec

Looks like a fun idea and might encourage players to be one of them people on the walk of fame lol.  Few players out there eagar to aspire to be "someone" on the server. Might make the feel important even if its only for 3 months.

here it is - its just in the first part of the video - rest isnt important on the vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXJVJhFegKY

But while on the subject it probably would be nice to see how many mods we have. lol i actually watched the end part and saw my name - didnt realise it was on there lol

Narbula

The best thing since Faxbook.
Supporter
Crafter
Mar 24, 2014
Michigan
I've been on a couple servers where they had this, and I loved it! It made me get a better understanding of who to talk to and it made me more comfortable talking to them since I've seen their skin already. [So they're not just some shadowy figure in the distance.] I'd love to have this!

Ww_Crow_wW

Tired ™
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
???
i think this sounds like a good idea ^^

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
I know they both considered and tested this feature for the new (current) map.

My guess is that they caused performance problems and were therefore removed before the launch.

I could be wrong though, and I can certainly see how it could be helpful with these statutes.

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
IshrkI said:
I know they both considered and tested this feature for the new (current) map.

My guess is that they caused performance problems and were therefore removed before the launch.

I could be wrong though, and I can certainly see how  it could be helpful with these statutes.
Well, it's kinda pointless honestly. More players would be confused and think they're actual players. I was going to implement it, but the plugin is buggy in many ways and hard to work with. On top of these factors, we really don't need more frivolous things weighing down the server's performance. :/ Function and stability come before aesthetics and nice things.

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
ok thank you. If its gonna cause problems and buggy yeah I dont wanna cause problems :D.

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
_SunDust_ said:
ok thank you.   If its gonna cause problems and buggy yeah I dont wanna cause problems :D.
The biggest problem I encountered was the plugin didn't seem to want to remove the NPCs or remove their ability to talk! >:C It was irritating as all hell! lol Well, and I couldn't get them to walk in paths properly... I planned on having a Zax NPC giving around-the-clock tours of ZaxLand. But the Zaxbot wouldn't move properly in the paths I set for it. :(

To explain the confusion aspect further, I've seen players in other servers thinking the NPCs were actual online players. xD I did so myself, once. :/ I kept wondering why that player kept watching my every move as I went around the server's spawn reading the signs. I was like... <_< dude stop watching me. lol Honestly, if we can't even get players to read signs and check the forum, why would they understand the concept of an NPC? D: lol

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
heheh yeah ok all good. me too when i first saw them. shall i close it cause im all good.

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
Honestly, no point in closing things on the staff forum because all staff can post on closed threads. xD

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
I remember this plugin. It's awesome. Maybe we can implement it later on. It would be cool to have the contributors all lined up and down both sides of Spawn. Maybe a spot at the back of Spawn for Staff introductions. When we have better performance abilities in the future. We should put a pin in this idea for sure. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)