Spawn Redecoration

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
This is mostly for Valk, but we all need to figure out what major holidays warrant redecoration of the spawn.

http://www.immihelp.com/newcomer/major-holidays-festivals-america.html

The way it'll be done is we'll decorate spawn for a holiday two weeks prior to the holiday. Then we'll leave the spawn decorated for that holiday until 2 weeks prior to the next holiday. But that can be discussed. I don't want to immediately undecorate spawn the day after each holiday, though. It should stay a while.

We definitely want to decorate spawn for the following holidays:

• Christmas/New Year
  • Valentine's Day
  • Saint Patrick's Day
  • Easter
  • Halloween
  • Thanks Giving
Anything else? The time from Easter to Halloween is awfully long to keep the spawn decorated for Easter. XD So we definitely need some things in between... Not too many things, and things that are major/not specific to a race or religion. Easter isn't celebrated exclusively by those who believe in Jesus, and it's largely child-centric anyway what with the easter bunny and such. So it's okay. lol

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
JagSwag2014 said:
Do we want to stick to national holidays? Or possibly some American holidays?
Click the link I provided. :p

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
January - New Years. Australia Day.
February - Valentine's Day. Lots of Red & Pink? Maybe a Groundhog's Day? Starring Bill Murray? :p
March - St. Patrick's Day. Lots of green & gold? It's also apparently National Craft month. Haha
April - April Fools would be the most fun to do, I think. Trap doors in the floor at Spawn, or just a Dirt Hut with warp signs or something. lol But Easter is pretty secular, and mainly just for kids. We could do this, too.
May - Mother's Day. (We do have Mothers that play here.) The 20th is also "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day". I plan on making a giant pixel art of him. Haha
June - Father's Day. (We also have Fathers that play here, too.) Candy month.
July - Independence Day. Canada Day.
August - Be Kind to Humankind Month, Admit You're Happy Month, National Catfish Month, Romance Awareness Month.. idk
September - Citizenship Day, Wear a Fall Hat Day, Chicken Month...
October - HALLOWEEN!!! Best and most important day of the year, in my opinion. :D
November - Thanksgiving.
December - Xmas.

But we can make up some holidays, too. Stick to major type holidays, like Halloween & whatever else. :p But for Sept. we can do a Appreciate Citizens Month. Sept. can be Appreciate Trusted Month. idk.

http://www.holidayinsights.com/everyday.htm

Nayxerr

mths? I'm Nayxerr now!
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
I think we should probably skip Mother's/Father's day. It is not celebrated at the same day around the world. I can only remember Father's day being in november :p

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
Uu_VALKYRE_uU said:
But we can make up some holidays, too. Stick to major type holidays, like Halloween & whatever else. :p But for Sept. we can do a Appreciate Citizens Month. Sept. can be Appreciate Trusted Month. idk.
September should be Pirate Appreciation Month. You know, because of International Talk Like A Pirate Day! :D

Timmy9997

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Australia
September you need to redesign the spawn for my birthday.

Also please don't do American only holidays. That's just stupid. America isn't the centre of the world, despite what you might think.
Don't do holidays that only apply to some countries - like Australia day, although it would be hilarious to make kangaroos and koalas all over the place. But yeah please don't do holidays that are country specific.

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
January - New Years. 
February - Valentine's.
March - St. Patrick's Day & National Craft Month
April - April Fools & Easter.
May - Parent's Month.
June - Noob Appreciation Month. :p idk
July - Owner Appreciation Month.
August - Excellence Month.
September - Pirate Month.
November - Thanksgiving.
December - Xmas.

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
Uu_VALKYRE_uU said:
January - New Year 
February - Valentine's Day
March - St. Patrick's Craft Month
April - April Foolster
May - Parent's Month
June - Noob Stoning Appreciation Month
July - Owner Worship Appreciation Month
August - Excellence Month
November - Thanksgiving.
December - Xmas.
Fixed. :D

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
Ar7ific1al said:
Uu_VALKYRE_uU said:
January - New Year 
February - Valentine's Day
March - St. Patrick's Craft Month
April - April Foolster
May - Parent's Month
June - Noob Stoning Appreciation Month
July - Owner Worship Appreciation Month
August - Excellence Month
November - Thanksgiving.
December - Xmas.
Fixed. :D
lol Nice. Maybe we could have a Lottery in June? Everyone throws stones (Snowballs) at the new guys. Haha Not serious. But it could be fun. :D

mudsplash325

Crafter
Dec 19, 2013
Down South
In May, we could do have Star Wars month, "May the Fourth be with you". (May 4th in case you didn't catch my drift.)

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
mudsplash325 said:
In May, we could do have Star Wars month, "May the Fourth be with you". (May 4th in case you didn't catch my drift.)
This would be too subject to personal opinion and like/dislike of Star Wars, and as such, I do not agree with it.

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
Yeah. I thought of putting it in there as a suggestion, because I love it, too. And I do Star Wars type stuff on May 4th. But, like Ar7 said, "too subject to personal opinion". Of course, so are the rest of the holidays. I think that Halloween is the best and most important day of the year. But I know that a lot of people don't agree. It's only on there because the entire world is familiar with it. Regardless if they care about it or not.

May would most likely be Mothers day or some other CraftBlock related holiday. I say that everyone suggest some holidays that we can create. Throw some ideas out there. Like have May be a month where you build something that you're grateful for in your life. Whether it be a pixel art of you and your Mom and/or Dad. Or a statue to remember your favorite pet (living or dead). Or if you just want to show your Gratitude toward the CraftBlockian whom you have the most respect for. Or just want to thank. Like Kawohi, Avoxsas, Ar7ific1al, Zax, or your best friend on the server for any reason.

I'm a fan of acknowledging your own Gratitude. Even just a simple "Thank you" to anyone can go a long way to them. I'm in favour of making up a holiday for any month(s) that we can spare. I also like the holiday idea that I suggested as an example. Haha "Gratitude Month!" :D Where everyone is welcome to join in the Attitude of Gratitude! :p

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
Uu_VALKYRE_uU said:
-all the things-
I like "parents month" for May. We have a few parents who play on CraftBlock, most of them with their children and/or spouse. I'd like to dedicate some time to show them appreciation. I personally have great respect for MonochromePony's father and step mother. They play the game quite often, and they're very nice people. Mad props to them, and great respect. Also can't forget _SunDust_ and MoonDust. :D

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
Indeed. I agree. I thought about them, too. And IshrkI. ;)

What do you think about Gratitude Month? We could make that August.

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
Uu_VALKYRE_uU said:
Indeed. I agree. I thought about them, too. And IshrkI. ;)

What do you think about Gratitude Month? We could make that August.
Tbh, I'd rather do general staff appreciation. Problem is, we don't have much staff. :I If we did "owner appreciation," the amount of chap on my ass would increase fifty times in just the first couple of days. "Staff appreciation" would at least distribute that load. XD

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
I like that idea. Staff Appreciation Month. But I think that it would be more of a general Appreciation for everything in the players life. Make August 'Staff Appreciation Month' & September 'Pirate Gratitude Month'. "Arrgh, I'm grateful for pirates!" Haha

Chiplover2

Deadbeat o3o
Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
your local bag of chips (so much air in here!)
I think the staff appreciation day would be awesome. Not cuz I want Builders catering to my every whim or anything, because I was a regular player myself not too long ago. It'd be a bit hypocritical on my part (if that was the word, lol). I think having staff appreciation will lean more toward the owners more in its own subtle way. Being that they always seem a lot busier than us, I think they'll get more of an applause. And they've earned it. It's definitely more humble-sounding than owner appreciation day, too. Again, not because I enjoy free reputation for just being part of the staff (not that anyone doesn't XD).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)