Solo rupee spinning lol

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
Just a series of images stitched into a video, each rendered with ray traced refraction and reflection. Nothing too fancy, really. Just wanted to see it rotating. lol

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqEPTprpALo[/video]

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
Uu_VALKYRE_uU said:
Very cool! You should make this a GIF. :3
No thanks. I don't fancy degrading the quality of the image simply to display it in image form.

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
Yeah, but imagine it as a part of your signature. Haha That would be cool, right? Not worth it?

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
Uu_VALKYRE_uU said:
Yeah, but imagine it as a part of your signature. Haha That would be cool, right? Not worth it?
Worth what? Completely ruining any appearance of reflecting and refracting by converting each frame to a GIF and not having the full range of color that a PNG provides? I'd rather not ruin the good looks just to have it as a GIF in my signature. lol

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
Ar7ific1al said:
Uu_VALKYRE_uU said:
...worth it?
Worth what? Completely ruining any appearance of reflecting and refracting by converting each frame to a GIF and not having the full range of color that a PNG provides? I'd rather not ruin the good looks just to have it as a GIF in my signature. lol
Fair enough. Haha You artists... So touchy! Haha :p 

I understand though. I've been called an artist before, too. :) It is awesome though. I just wish there was a way to make it stay as cool & pretty as it is, without losing quality. So you could use it outside of YouTube. I just want to watch it spin forever, is all. lol

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
@Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Exactly. lol If it wouldn't lose quality, I'd make it a gif. Otherwise, it stays in video form. :p

I'm doing a batch render of frames at 1280x720 for the black rupee spinning. 30 frames which I'll just repeat twice so it goes around 3 times. lol Actually, that red one is a completely different Rupee. I made that one specifically for that purpose. I just wanna see what the black one looks like spinning. :p And since Maya can't render a video with mental ray for some stupid reason, it has to batch render individual frames which I then have to stitch together myself.

whiteNnerdy234

Aren't you the guy wth all the commands?
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Canada
Ar7ific1al said:
@Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Exactly. lol If it wouldn't lose quality, I'd make it a gif. Otherwise, it stays in video form. :p

I'm doing a batch render of frames at 1280x720 for the black rupee spinning. 30 frames which I'll just repeat twice so it goes around 3 times. lol Actually, that red one is a completely different Rupee. I made that one specifically for that purpose. I just wanna see what the black one looks like spinning. :p And since Maya can't render a video with mental ray for some stupid reason, it has to batch render individual frames which I then have to stitch together myself.
En anglais s'il vous plait :p

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
Matx490 said:
Babfish said:
Put the video in your signature, problem solved, right?
*facepalm* That is what they were discussing. Ar7 doesnt want it because it brings down the quality
I don't think you understand the difference between a video and a GIF.....

THGlikeaboss

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Texas
Ar7ific1al said:
Matx490 said:
Babfish said:
Put the video in your signature, problem solved, right?
*facepalm* That is what they were discussing. Ar7 doesnt want it because it brings down the quality
I don't think you understand the difference between a video and a GIF.....
going to say the same thing, what ar7 doesnt want is a gif, or basically a moving picture, what babfish suggested is putting a youtube video like it is :p  if that makes sense to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)