So I'm on a Mac right now and I love it.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
I'm on my roomates Mac right now to apply some jobs while I'm babysitting.

I've never used a Mac.

The fonts are smooth, the screen is nice.Everything is fast, even the animations - something that would make Windows slow.

Everything about it is so slick and nice. 

I am seriously consdering saving up when i get a job for a $1200 iMac. I thought maybe building my computer would be a better option but there is nothing that would come close to this much quality. It is amazing.

Since my profession is in the web design world, there are always Mac-only tools. Even an application that is better then Photoshop that I want so bad is Mac only.

I'm pretty sure I will be saving  up for an iMac.

rbhusker

Crafter
Jan 8, 2014
United States
Cb and i both have the 1200 imac i think. Well its the newest version, i love macs

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Omega_Shenron said:
Why must you betray use Kawohi D: Well, I can see using a mac for work, but not for anything else :L
I don't think you've never used a Mac before if you're hating on it. It's to nice to be hated on. I seriously doubt anyone could dislike this. Everything about it is amazing.

I have to geek out right now. I'm LOVING using the terminal. Seriously. That ugly "cmd" in windows feels like we're still in 2003. The mac's terminal is so pretty and the theme options makes it even better.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Omega_Shenron said:
Now that I think of the last Mac OS I used was in like 2006 so...yeah.
Yeah, I'm not sure about then, but this Mac, which is OSX from 2008 is nice. I can't imagine how the newer macs are. Oh my god I want one so bad now.

Babfish

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Somewhere over the Rainbow
Build a hackintosh, best of both worlds.
I have the €1200 2008 Imac at the moment, but I'm thinking of going back to windows since it's too slow for todays standards.

crackers1097

Crafter
Feb 8, 2014
Minnesota
Honestly, I was a Mac user until 2011 and I don't think I'll ever go back. A nice software that's a little more accessible will never compare to the compatability brought by Windows. Of the 85 games I have for Steam, only 34 are available for Macintosh. You could get a PC with hackintosh if you really like the OS, but I would never recommend buying an Apple computer.

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
I would rather move out into the wild and eat frogs and small rocks all day than being constricted and shut in by an Apple OS.

I would choose a 90's PC over a brand new Mac any day.

I know this because someone got some kind of mental breakdown and ordered a whole lot of Apple products for my workplace. It's an absolute nightmare having the "computers" tell you that basically everything is off limits and that you as an end user is too stupid to have access to all the controls.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
I guess I can see how OSX can not be as useful for a work computer as a Windows.

I'm a developer and it's just attracting to me. I'm a designer and it's so pretty.

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
I respect your opinion and, somewhat questionable, taste. :)

Ex-User (67)

Crafter
Dec 17, 2013
The big difference with mac and windows, is that apple puts their software onto their own product, assuring quality, windows does not have such boundaries, and can be much worse, or far far better.

xInZax

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
I love my Macbook Pro. Can't live without it! Opinions are definitely flying in this thread haha

Ex-User (67)

Crafter
Dec 17, 2013
But srsly, windows 8, is that lonely pedofile in the toilets of your school.

TicTacTory

Crafter
Dec 19, 2013
In a green bean
Macs can still run minecraft? Right? I might get an MacBook Air like @KaileyDancer17 but there expensive! :eek:
I only have so much money.

Ex-User (67)

Crafter
Dec 17, 2013
The reason that most of us prefer computers over consoles is that they have more functions, mac just takes away some of the beloved functions that a PC has in exchange for guaranteed quality.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Kazza197 said:
The reason that most of us prefer computers over consoles is that they have more functions, mac just takes away some of the beloved functions that a PC has in exchange for guaranteed quality.
Like? I find it much more powerful then Windows to be honest.

Ex-User (67)

Crafter
Dec 17, 2013
Thats the thing, windows isnt on a single system, you can have a crappy windows computer, or a good one, macs just simplify everything, and to be honist of windows did the same and never made them shit, id but a Winmac

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)