Snowman

uhhlking

issa lking
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
America
Have you tried setting it on fire...? I mean er... looks nice for a first build... :3 All the things look better on fire... mwahahaha.

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
I guess the biggest problem with this is the "low resolution".
If you made it twice as big you could make the details more like you actually want them instead of just placing them in the only available spots.

It's a good practice build, but things as pixel art, be it in 2d or 3d, should probably be done by hand one block at a time.

I would recommend practicing by building a simple castle wall with towers. That was how I really started to get a hang of WorldEdit.

Start by measuring out where you want the corner towers and then just make high cylinders (ex. //hcyl stonebrick 4 10) and then ad walls to connect them by selecting the desired area and filling them with a command (ex. //set stonebrick (or) //outline stonebrick (or) //walls stonebrick).

Then make nice walkways on top of the walls by making a small segment and then selecting and stacking it (ex. //stack 2 (while facing the desired direction of stacking)).

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Even if you made the spheres hollow(//hsphere)?

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Hard to tell from the screenie.
Anyways, making big spheres has very little use (except making giant snowmen and planets) so I wouldn't worry about it. ;)

JustSam98

Crafter
Dec 30, 2013
Australia
Thats really nice! I like it a lot Matx! Can we call it Olaf? Snowman from Frozen :3

Ww_Crow_wW

Tired ™
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
???
damn it sam i was going to say that >:3
anywho, hyrillfrey could use some more nerdy shit around (not saying you need to or should but just a recommondation)seeing as we are the self dubbed nerdiest town around, i intended to build hogwarts before i asked for trusted back and forgot, or maybe the wall maria, rose or sina (look them up or just watch or read attack on titan :p)? or maybe you would work on hogsmeade? or possibly the underwater section of town that i never started? all of those things would be good (if not mildy difficult) projects to work on with world edit, just make sure not to make them to big :p
i swear i wont make a habit out of asking for my nerdy town builds *salutes like the army of aot*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)