*sigh*

Ben4900

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Well, today marks the death of my 2004 computer. 

So here is the story: I was browsing the internet, not much. Then my screen turns blue. I panic, shut down the computer, turn it back on, then try to play. My monitor isn't lasting 3 seconds at the most. A couple minutes later, I look at the computer itself, I touch it, and I swear if I left my hand on longer I would have a 2nd degree burn. It then immediately shut it down, and put a bucket of water next to it to cool it down. About 30 minutes ago, I tried turning it on, and nothing.

All in all, I popped it open and half it was fried. I'm contemplating opening up an eBay store t  sell some stuff for a new computer. For now, nada.

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
You don't put water near a computer. Period. That's just not smart. lol I'm not saying that caused this or anything, just... for future reference...

I'd be willing to bet your CPU fan failed and caused the CPU to burn up. That or the GPU. Or the power supply could have failed, causing a surge of electricity through the system, in turn causing mass failure of various components.

Ben4900

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Ar7ific1al said:
You don't put water near a computer. Period. That's just not smart. lol I'm not saying that caused this or anything, just... for future reference...

I'd be willing to bet your CPU fan failed and caused the CPU to burn up. That or the GPU. Or the power supply could have failed, causing a surge of electricity through the system, in turn causing mass failure of various components.
Yeah I know. I already pretty much new it was dead, it was just a last resort.

Ben4900

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Ordered a new laptop the other day. Will be here tomorrow.

Deadacc

Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
Nice, what kind of computer?

Ben4900

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Not a Mac. I ordered it from Costco. But it wasn't made by Costco. XD I'll give you guys te specs when I get back from band practice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)