Seeker Islands

ElementWrath

Crafter
May 13, 2014
Hey guys!

Decided to finally try my hand at using Voxel.

It came up on the server that you guys like Hide and Seek, but were remarkably short on dedicated places to play, so I decided why don't I make some for you? I'm open to hear any ideas you might have.

After some discussion in the chat, three general ideas were settled upon. I can't guarantee all will get done, but I'm currently well underway on the first. The ideas are as follows:

Abandoned Mining Town:

Concept Description:
A mining town, with defunct buildings in a style I have not yet chosen on one side of an island. The island will have a mountain peak near the middle, with one face sloping a bit more gradually towards the ocean, this is the face where the town will be located. I'm also considering using buoys to demarcate the area in which you are allowed to "hide", since I thought it would be cool to have some of the houses more damaged and built below the waterline, with submerged areas where you could hide. I also plan to include some fun redstone stuff, including redstone that can be used to reveal some secret spots. There will also be an abandoned mine with multiple entrances/exits along the steeper face of the mountain.

Progress:
5/20/2014: Some houses and other structures have been added. There is now a lighthouse (with a 'rotating' light) at the highest point of the island that turns on at night, and off during the day. The area inside the well is nearly finished.

Floating Islands:

Concept Description:
A chain of small to medium islands, some perhaps with small houses on them, linked by waterfalls, ladders, and rope bridges. I'm probably going to throw in an homage to the windmill island from the music video for Feel Good Inc. by the Gorillaz.

Progress:
None.

Castle with Hedge Maze:

Concept Description:
This one is the least likely to be built, just because of the complexity involved in designing a maze. The design of the island would probably be made in such a way that the island would broaden outward from the base, with the castle and maze on a flat area on the top. The castle would present some lovely opportunity to add a bit of parkour for those willing to risk it all to find the best spots, while the maze will allow the hiders to move around in an attempt to avoid the seekers. Should make for a bunch of fun.

Progress:
None.

Finally, I believe it may also be possible to retrofit these for Hunger Games (though I can't do the plugin stuff), so they could have mutliple uses.

Please leave feedback, I will update this thread with images as they become available.

Ww_Crow_wW

Tired ™
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
???
i'm actually planning on making a minigame town called seek later tonight (with a residential area of course,so i can have claim plots ;3) and i'm wondering if you would allow me to claim the islands so no one can greif them :3

ElementWrath

Crafter
May 13, 2014
Added a screenshot of one area, which is still in development.

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
I like that castle with hedge maze idea. And when yo add in all your traps and secret doors :D and all your redstone works would really be a cool place to hide out. There lots of talented builders out there who could help you if they were alos good at following your directions as well might be helpful. Looks great keep em coming.

ElementWrath

Crafter
May 13, 2014
Should be adding another image shortly, area within the well is nearly complete. I am going to connect it to a door that can only be opened from the inside of the basement of a house (yet to be built), so less parkour is necessary to get out (all future seekers will appreciate it).

EDIT: Picture added.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)