"Second Chances"

JagSwag2014

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
USA
www.planetminecraft.com
This topic has been bugging the hell out of me for a very long time now. We can use Teddyg7777 for an example. SamDaManZ100 as well. I'm seriously tired of all these "second chances." Teddy should not have gotten unbanned so many times, nor Sam. I understand that some of you believe in second chances, but that does not necessarily mean to give them more than one second chance. It defeats the whole purpose of permanent bans and the word "second."

Sorry if I come off harsh. Just bugs the living hell out of me.

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
In my opinion,

*one verbal warning and direct them to the Forums,
*one kick,
*one perma-ban,
*one 2nd chance,
*And then done for good. No coming back.

Of course, all of these should be last word, but every situation is different and unique. Same with life. I don't know if there's one answer that is always right for every situation. Example: our Morals. Is killing always the worst decision? Or wrong? I'd say no. If it's in self defense, is it still wrong to kill? Lying is always bad, right? I'd say no. I would lie to save a life, if a situation arose where it became an option. Where do we draw the line? I think that is what's actually going on, really.

Sam is a good kid. His ego grew three sizes that day. -Grinch reference. :p lol But seriously. We all make mistakes. Maybe there shouldn't be such a hard absolute rule for this. Maybe it should remain situational? Leave out the absolutes? I'm not saying that the players should get unlimited chances. Just that different situations need individual judgement. Being an asshat and talking shit isn't unforgivable. But people need to learn that it's not cool and it's will not be tolerated.

I just reread that, and that was a rant. But I'm sticking with it. Haha

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
I have a lot to say about this but itll have to wait till Im back online.

JagSwag2014

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
USA
www.planetminecraft.com
Uu_VALKYRE_uU said:
In my opinion,

*one verbal warning and direct them to the Forums,
*one kick,
*one perma-ban,
*one 2nd chance,
*And then done for good. No coming back.
I agree completely to this. It does depend on the situation, as well, so I'll partly agree to that.

kawohi said:
I have a lot to say about this but itll have to wait till Im back online.
What's the verdict on that, by the way? Haha, haven't heard from you in a while. Is the correct motherboard coming in?

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
Hmm. I think Kawohi gave us a chance to speak up on those absolute bans last year when a list was given for absolute perma bans. I think there were like 5 names, nes Id never heard of. I would've made mention then. I suggest if those who have been given another chance to redeem themselves should be tempted to break server rules again.... Deal with them as we normally would. If they show signs of coming boarderline, I'd remind them what they might need reminding of. Yeah... Ben said to me.... Sometimes you gotta be mean. I think he meant be firm and fair. Anyways here's my two cents.

Uuu wow, just read your warning post, things are much clearer now. Yes highly inappropriate, and not acceptable, good call. Hopefully he's learnt from this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)