Screenshots on the CS Server!

Ex-User (67)

Active Member
Crafter
Dec 17, 2013
1,092
8
38
#4
Everyone has good computers :( I mean jebus, your entire game is like art.
 

Kaylawilcoxen14

New Member
Crafter
Jun 2, 2014
95
0
0
#7
Awe nice<3 You captured you, Mono, Ang, Ar7, and I in a photo. Send it to me hun :p
 

Ex-User (67)

Active Member
Crafter
Dec 17, 2013
1,092
8
38
#10
WHAT! $450 THATS LIKE ONE DAY OF WORK FOR YOU AMERICANS, FOR AN EQUAL COMPUTER HERE IT COSTS $2307!!!
 

Ww_Crow_wW

Tired ™
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
1,695
7
38
???
#11
Babfish said:
@kazza197
If you hate your old one, why not spend £450 on a new one?
Besides you're not the only one with an old computer.
Kazza197 said:
WHAT! $450 THATS LIKE ONE DAY OF WORK FOR YOU AMERICANS, FOR AN EQUAL COMPUTER HERE IT COSTS $2307!!!
he said 450 euros not 450 american dollars, and it would be weird for someone in Europe, speaking to someone in Europe to use American dollars.

But! Let's do some math!

If the minimum wage in Utah is 7.50$ per hour (unsure of everywhere else) and the maximum work week is 40 hours how much can one make in a week with one job? 

290$

Now to feed a house of two each week it costs as much as 100 dollars depending on how much each person eats. Now rent for a small (one bedroom one bath and a small kitchen) apartment is up to (or some places more than) 1k a month, but I've seen as low as 400$ in some poorer areas. If you have a room mate you can split it so each person pays for 50% of everything, not that bad, but then taxes and utilities come along and it gets really complicated.

So working a minimum wage job here in the states (or at least where I live) is pretty rough. Few people here make more than minimum wage in all reality so no 450 American dollars is not a days work, @kazza197 , its almost two weeks.

 I suggest doing research before coming to assumptions. It will help you in the future :)

And I did some research into Scotland's (which I believe is where you live) minimum wage (aka a quick google search) and I must say the Minimum wage is a bit confusing but I'm not much into figuring out what costs where and bla bla bla, so I cant say if its better or worse.
 
T

Tazboi

Guest
#12
This is my favorite screenshot on the CS Server:
http://imgur.com/ioXs4SJ
Feat. MonochromePony

(It was only her messing around, don't take too seriously please) :p
 

Ww_Crow_wW

Tired ™
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
1,695
7
38
???
#13
Tazboi said:
This is my favorite screenshot on the CS Server:
http://imgur.com/ioXs4SJ
Feat. MonochromePony

(It was only her messing around, don't take too seriously please) :p
I never meant for it to kill the crops, and I thought I was in vanish, ya know, scare a taz and live a day longer or something ;-;
 

Babfish

Member
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
662
3
18
20
Somewhere over the Rainbow
#14
I qas talking about pounds since he's in scotland.
@monochromepony
@kazza197
Also.I'm not in America, I also am.botheres with high priced.
 

Ex-User (67)

Active Member
Crafter
Dec 17, 2013
1,092
8
38
#15
MonochromePony said:
Babfish said:
@kazza197
If you hate your old one, why not spend £450 on a new one?
Besides you're not the only one with an old computer.
Kazza197 said:
WHAT! $450 THATS LIKE ONE DAY OF WORK FOR YOU AMERICANS, FOR AN EQUAL COMPUTER HERE IT COSTS $2307!!!
he said 450 euros not 450 american dollars, and it would be weird for someone in Europe, speaking to someone in Europe to use American dollars.

But! Let's do some math!

If the minimum wage in Utah is 7.50$ per hour (unsure of everywhere else) and the maximum work week is 40 hours how much can one make in a week with one job? 

290$

Now to feed a house of two each week it costs as much as 100 dollars depending on how much each person eats. Now rent for a small (one bedroom one bath and a small kitchen) apartment is up to (or some places more than) 1k a month, but I've seen as low as 400$ in some poorer areas. If you have a room mate you can split it so each person pays for 50% of everything, not that bad, but then taxes and utilities come along and it gets really complicated.

So working a minimum wage job here in the states (or at least where I live) is pretty rough. Few people here make more than minimum wage in all reality so no 450 American dollars is not a days work, @kazza197 , its almost two weeks.

 I suggest doing research before coming to assumptions. It will help you in the future :)

And I did some research into Scotland's (which I believe is where you live) minimum wage (aka a quick google search) and I must say the Minimum wage is a bit confusing but I'm not much into figuring out what costs where and bla bla bla, so I cant say if its better or worse.
Its still fucking cheap.
 

Squarespot8

New Member
Crafter
Dec 24, 2013
31
0
0
#16
Average price of computers in the US: http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052748704681804576017883787191962
 

Ww_Crow_wW

Tired ™
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
1,695
7
38
???
#17
Kazza197 said:
Its still f*cking cheap.
Actually no... My laptop (that I got six months ago and seems to hate me) was about 1k US dollars so one month of work, AKA not "fucking cheap" computers are still expensive. The computer I plan on building in the next couple years is somewhere between 800 and 1500 and parts are getting better and lower quality, meaning that for companies to continue making computers and continue making money they have to keep the price "low" and make parts out of cheaper materials.  you still need to understand what you're saying c:

I say read squares article that he posted to understand what I'm saying.

Squarespot8 said:
Average price of computers in the US: http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052748704681804576017883787191962
 

Babfish

Member
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
662
3
18
20
Somewhere over the Rainbow
#18
@monochromepony
That article talks about people buying more high-end stuff, wich unsurprisingly costs more, but @kazza197 talks about that where you pay $1k, I pay €1k and he pays £1k

example ps4:
Us: $400
Eu: €400
Uk: £400

That is:
Us: $400
Eu: $543,80
Uk: $684,80

While we should pay:
Us: $400
Eu: €294,23
Uk: £233,64
 

Ex-User (67)

Active Member
Crafter
Dec 17, 2013
1,092
8
38
#19
Right now it is infact cheaper, to get a friend in another country, to buy a pre assembled xomputer and ship it, than to get a pretty bad computer thats custom...
 

Squarespot8

New Member
Crafter
Dec 24, 2013
31
0
0
#20
You are all looking at this like the global economy is US-Centric. The pricing of products for specific regions of the world are based on that region alone. As an isolated factor. Secondly, if you were to compare the value of a PlayStation to anything it would be the Yen since they are made in Japan.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)