ryno314

Narbula

The best thing since Faxbook.
Supporter
Crafter
Mar 24, 2014
Michigan
So today, ryno kicked me from the game for something among the lines of "look up TFIOS", because I haven't seen or read The Fault in Our Stars. This kick was uncalled for, and I could have been in the middle of stalking someone. When I leave the game, or get kicked from the game, it takes my fly away and it unvanishes me. Luckily I wasn't in the middle of helping someone, or this would have been a major problem. I feel like we can't have people who do this represent our server. So, I'm asking the owners to consider his staff position and see if it's deserved. I know I sound like I'm complaining a lot here, but I talked to some fellow staff on Skype about the problem and they said I should bring it up here. I do not have any screenshots, but anyone is free to check the console, it probably would have been around 6 pm eastern time.

Tagging these beautiful people so I can have some immediate imput:
@Ar7ific1al @kawohi @xinzaxx @avoxsas @jagswag2014

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
@ryno314 Explain?

Deadacc

Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
Look, I am sorry, I will explain the situation. It started out when Holy saying stuff about Tifios, Narb said she never read it, I kicked her saying look it up. This was a stupid situation I made, I appoligized to her saying that I would do that again feel free to demote me for what I have done to Narb, and I want to say I am sorry for to Narb for kicking her for a very stupid reason and that this will never happen again. I also want to say sorry to the owners for doing this as well, I will take any punishment you give me, ban, ipban, demotion forever from mod, warned, etc. I made a stupid mistake, and, I am sorry.

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
@ryno314 I think what you should take from this the most is that you should think before you act. Too many people don't think before they act and in doing so they upset others. Everyone makes mistakes, but it's important to learn from them. I won't take any action unless @Narbula chooses to not accept your apology.

Narbula

The best thing since Faxbook.
Supporter
Crafter
Mar 24, 2014
Michigan
I don't think it should all be up to me. I'd like to ask the other mods what they think about this situation and have their input too. How do you guys feel about having someone who does this as part of our team? Personally, I think all mods should be mature and responsible, and frankly this doesn't show me that ryno is. :l

So tagging:
@_sundust_ @Holy_Rabbitz @crackers1097 @Chiplover2 @Omega_Shenron

Maybe even @angeleem @snow_the_hunter and @tomrobans to get an outsider mod approach. TAG ALL THE PEOPLE!

crackers1097

Crafter
Feb 8, 2014
Minnesota
I really can't say this is worthy of a demotion in itself. I've been kicked, tempbanned, even banned as a joke many times before. Of course, this was before it was enforced against the rules, but it really doesn't seem to be to be worthy of a demotion. However, I think this situation would deem worthy a Mod Review, staff only, in a new Thread. We need to find out if this situation is isolated, or if this is one of many. The goal, of course, should be to determine whether or not a demotion is necessary.

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
Not a demotion but I think art said enough that needed to be said. Youve apologised and explained yourself. I dont think it was worthy of a kick, seems like a in the moment thing, where we sometimes act rashly.  

But yes think before you act --  good advice for everyone.  We all make mistakes, but its good narb could bring this up so mistakes can be worked on so they dont happen again.

Its a fixable mistake. If an on going habbit I would start wondering.

Chiplover2

Deadbeat o3o
Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
your local bag of chips (so much air in here!)
I definitely wouldn't go as far as to ban someone for a mistake like this. I've screwed up like this more than once in other areas in my life, and I've quickly learned from these mistakes.

It seems you've already thought about what you've done, ryno, so I don't think further punishment is nessecary. Just make sure this doesn't go too far under the rug, so that we all remember this if it becomes a habit.

SpindlyBaton98

A Sans-Sational Experience.
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
United Kingdom
xboxdvr.com
I wouldnt take this as a extreme offence to the moderating name. Everyone makes mistakes, Ask jag and he will tell you most of the mistakes i've made. He even asked me if i was taking my job too seriously which is another mistake on my part. but thats not the point. We're human. Humans make mistakes, its in our nature. I say give him a second chance, he obviously is very sorry for his mistake, and vows not to do it again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)