misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
[notice]
Mod Review is a new daily post when it's time to decide a Trial Mod should be promoted to Mod or be downgraded back to their old rank. We'd like the feedback from the players so the owners can make the right decision to promote or not.
[/notice]

The first trial to be reviewed is Omega_Shenron.

Omega_Shenron wasn't suggested but was handpicked so we could have more help on the server. He was trialed because he's always been helpful and respectful and we've never had a problem with him while he's been a member of CraftBlock.

Although a few weeks ago we did have some trouble with him as well with some other moderators. It was poor decision making on their part but I believe he's still learning and apologized for what happened. Another chance was given.

My Review: He's probably one of the most active moderators besides Sunny. When I'm on at-least, he's pretty helpful to the other players.

Well guys, now its your turn. What do you think of Omega_Shenron while he's been a Trial Mod. Do you think he's been helpful and deserves the Mod rank? 

SlyGuy31

Crafter
Jan 19, 2014
New Jersey
Well, in my opinion he would be a great mod. My only advice is to be on a little bit more. Idk if it's me or something but I just see him on every once and a while and then you come on you usually leave the next few minutes. But if you fix that then sure ill vouch. But I can already tell you will fix it. (Mabye) So I vouch. :p

Matx490

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Some where over the rainbow
DEFINATELY! Omega is an awesome guy who has definately done a good job as trial. He hasnt and wont (i hope) abuse his powers. But overall omega is definately ready for mod. Heck he was the one who showed me the server. He is the reason why i am and still am here. He helped me get started when i was a newb to mc all together >.> And im not just saying all this cause hes holding me hostige in a basement. Haha. Good luck omega! :D

XxXkillerzxX8

Crafter
Mar 22, 2014
United States
hes an awesome trial mod! just if you make him mod make sure you tell him to cut me some slack haha:nyan

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
- I have seen omega play a more active part on main since becoming a trial mod.
- Hes been helpful to me carrying the load at times when Im on in
- He is willing to get on teamspeak and discuss any issues we might be facing in the game.
- He's doing well so far as I can see apart from that experience a while back

But I must say..

- Practise keeping your cool. I think, whenever faced with a "situation" it would be good to step back, take a few breaths, or a couple more if you feel yourself heating up. Remember the server rule you are enforcing in mind. Once calm - remind them what it is, if needed, remind them of consequences if the player should choose not keep the server rule. People coming at your from the sides questioning your judgement while youre handling a case, ask them politely to be quiet and wait for the report to be up. Cause they "can" wait and if they choose not too. I would mute them there and then till I finish handling the 1st situation, deal with the muted one/s later. It happens as yourve experience. Many times like that to come.

valdem0rt

I burn in fire
Crafter
Feb 26, 2014
I think Omega has been very helpful, at least from what I've seen. He's always willing to help out on the server, and in my opinion would make a wonderful moderator.

JagSwag2014

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
USA
www.planetminecraft.com
I agree with Sun.
_SunDust_ said:
- Practise keeping your cool. I think, whenever faced with a "situation" it would be good to step back, take a few breaths, or a couple more if you feel yourself heating up. Remember the server rule you are enforcing in mind. Once calm - remind them what it is, if needed, remind them of consequences if the player should choose not keep the server rule. People coming at your from the sides questioning your judgement while youre handling a case, ask them politely to be quiet and wait for the report to be up. Cause they "can" wait and if they choose not too. I would mute them there and then till I finish handling the 1st situation, deal with the muted one/s later. It happens as yourve experience. Many times like that to come.
Also, as long as he doesn't bait anyone into breaking another rule again, I'm okay with him.

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
I agree. Omega has done well so far. Even with the incident. Like Sun & Jag said, do those things, you'll be fine. No baiting, especially masterfully. :p And keep a calm head when dealing with any situation. But, since that stuff happened, I think he's done very well. I say "Vouch for Promo". :D

Ww_Crow_wW

Tired ™
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
???
i personally dont think he should be promoted, its nothing personal, but well, i rarely see him on the pc, and he can be a bit harsh when one asks for help (and these may just be me though). I agree with sun on keeping cool, as a moderator, main, nano, or poke, you have to maintain an air of professionalism, not saying we cant mess around with each other or prank other users (in non damaging manners, such as afk trapping, as long as it is cleaned up) but if you think someone is breaking a rule, drink an invis potion or go in /vanish and tp to them and monitor them, do not in any circumstance lead them to a ban (like the x-ray thing), omega, if you read this, please learn from it, it'll help you if you do get promoted.

Omega_Shenron

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Windstad Manor, Skyrim, Tamriel
I realize the baiting was an extremely bad choice, and I am very very sorry. I didn't find it so bad atm of doing it, but I regret it wholeheartedly now D: @MonochromePony You and I are almost never on at the same time. I don't see how I was harsh, and would like to know so I can improve.

JustSam98

Crafter
Dec 30, 2013
Australia
I can't say that I know if Omega has been a good mod or not, because I have hardly been active on the server because of my current life issues and commitments. But, I did use to play a lot and see Omega on a lot every now and then, and he has always been a great player in the Community. I don't really know if Omega has done something wrong, or made a minor mistake whilst being on Trial. But as him being a great friend and has always been a nice and helpful player to me and the people of Craftblock, I vouch for Omegas promotion to Moderator.

Good Luck.

llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll

Lord of Hyenas
Supporter
Crafter
Jan 11, 2014
Nothing to know
I vouch! :D Es definitely earned this rank! he's already a good trial mod, and I can see him as a damn great mod. :) Good luck omega! ;)

Chiplover2

Deadbeat o3o
Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
your local bag of chips (so much air in here!)
He's pretty helpful, most of the time. He didn't really help anyone before he was a Mod, but now that he is one he's been at it more. I haven't seen too much of him on, but I haven't been too active myself. All in all, he's a nice guy that is very capable of being a Mod, as long as he keeps his cool, as everyone above has stated.

That first experience he had was a bad decision, but I believe that everyone learned a lot from that mistake. That was a pretty hairy situation to be stuck in for a more recent Trial Mod, and I think he acted in the best interest of the server, however rash those actions were. Now he knows how to handle those kinds of situations in a more measurable way. If he does something like that again, I'd give him a break from Trial. Other than that, I think he can handle being a Mod.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Thanks guys, this went better then I thought it would. Awesome reviews.

I decided that Omega would be a great member to the team. Welcome, Omega!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)