Ranks Evolutionary tree Diagram (WIP)

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
Okay, first rough draft of the Main server tree diagram is finished. What do you guys think? 

[img=700x667]http://i.imgur.com/Zw9GU9S.jpg[/img]

I need suggestions for everything! I wasn't sure if I should include "Designer" rank right now, or even if it was still a separate rank line from "Architect" or not. From what I have understood as of late, it's like a "Trial Architect" rank. So that's why I included it where I did. 

Correct me on anything here, if I'm wrong. I want this to be 100% accurate. :D I'll be working on Nano's next. 

Avoxsas

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
You missed admin. We don't have any but they still exist. :D I'm not really sure where Ambassador should go. I don't think it has never been given to a builder...We say players can apply when they're ready but mostly they are trusted or high level donors.

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
Oh yeah. I was going to put that in somewhere unattached from the tree. Haha I could put it between Super Mod and Owner, where it belongs, eh?

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
Maybe move the designer rank over between staff and survival ranks (normal) so you can make branches from all survival ranks to any/all contributor ranks idk it might make tree look messy.

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
Just one thing: Ambassador is an advanced rank, not a staff rank. :p

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
Okay. So.. Admin between Super Mod & Owner.
Move Designer to a Special ranks branch along with Ambassador and maybe VIP?
Like this?
VIP
^
Designer
^
Ambassador

Something like that Maybe?

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
Uu_VALKYRE_uU said:
Okay. So.. Admin between Super Mod & Owner.
Move Designer to a Special ranks branch along with Ambassador and maybe VIP?
Like this?
VIP
^
Designer
^
Ambassador

Something like that Maybe?
I think a complete reorganization might be good. The way it looks could be misleading. It looks as if the tree is saying "you have to be a Builder to get to Designer or Ambassador" and "you have to be a Blockling to donate for Champ, then you have to donate for Gold and again for Diamond and again for Royal."

You should use Visio to make a diagram that better portrays the hierarchy as well as progression. :p

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
Thanks for the feedback guys. I guess I didn't really fully understand the ranking system myself. Haha Anyway, this is the newest version. What do you think? 

@Ar7ific1al - I looked up Visio. Aint.. Nobody... Gots no time... Fo... Dat. :p But, I must not understand [font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]the hierarchy or progression. I understand that certain special ranks don't require being another certain rank to obtain said special ranks. But to make a tree diagram with those specs would not look very good. [/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]But it would look good as a web diagram, maybe. Blockling being the center, and then everything branching out from that. But that could be misleading. Making it seem like all Blocklings are the center of the Universe. That may give them inflated egos. lol[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][img=666x635]http://i.imgur.com/5AzIZpL.png[/img]
[/font]

Chiplover2

Deadbeat o3o
Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
your local bag of chips (so much air in here!)
I'd plop Architect at the end of Designer. And I'd get rid of the Beiber; making it obtainable makes it sound like a higher thing, which we all know he isn't XD.

I have to say though; this one is a lot better than before :3.

xInZax

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
I understand that we want to be honest with our players, but the "You will most likely never obtain this rank" seems a bit harsh haha. Maybe word it like, "A very competitive rank" or something?

Then there are those ranks that are unobtainable, such as the VIP, Admin and Owner ranks. I don't know, maybe it's just me being a softy.

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
xInZaxx said:
I understand that we want to be honest with our players, but the "You will most likely never obtain this rank" seems a bit harsh haha. Maybe word it like, "A very competitive rank" or something?

Then there are those ranks that are unobtainable, such as the VIP, Admin and Owner ranks. I don't know, maybe it's just me being a softy.
I think "The likelihood of earning this rank are extremely slim" would do better. :p

Chiplover2

Deadbeat o3o
Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
xInZaxx said:
I agree. It's a bit demoralizing to read "You will never get this, might as well run away". I think it would scare away the market; lol. 

xInZaxx said:
VIP is unobtainable, I get that. But hey, you never know; maybe a shooting star will bring down one of God's servants who wants to help run the server with you. That'd be another owner XD.

Ar7ific1al said:
I think "The likelihood of earning this rank are extremely slim" would do better. :p
Sounds good to me :3.

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
Chiplover2 said:
VIP is unobtainable, I get that. But hey, you never know; maybe a shooting star will bring down one of God's servants who wants to help run the server with you. That'd be another owner XD.
There will be no more owners. We're more likely to have an Admin than another Owner. Owners are just that: owners. We own the server, not just administrate it. :p

xInZax

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Ar7ific1al said:
xInZaxx said:

I definitely like that. I believe all players should aspire for higher ranks and not get shut down, unless they are consistently begging ;)

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
xInZaxx said:
I definitely like that. I believe all players should aspire for higher ranks and not get shut down, unless they are consistently begging ;)
Meh, too many players focus too much on promotions. Players are too busy with promotions and being on the fast track to greatness. :/

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
@Chiplover2 - Justin Beiber isn't one of your idols, too?! :p jk I know. I only put that there as a joke and to get a reaction out of somebody. Looks like it was just you. Haha He sucks for sure. But he has a great voice& a couple catchy songs. But as a human, he shouldn't exist. lol

@xInZaxx - I took the "You will most likely never obtain this rank" from the Ranks Wiki. It is a little harsh, but it's very true. I think that it's very fitting for those ranks. Honestly. But I can change it to "The likelihood of earning this rank are extremely slim" if you guys think that it would be better. But, to me, they mean the same thing. And sound just as harsh. Haha

@Chiplover2 - I don't think that it sounds demoralizing. It sounds like an opportunity to set a challenge. :) Because if people have those ranks, they're obviously not unobtainable. Which means that players do still have a chance. If it scares anyone away, that's their fault for being a wuss! Haha

Chiplover2 said:
And maybe "I'll believe ya when me shit turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet." lol

Chiplover2

Deadbeat o3o
Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
Ar7ific1al said:
Chiplover2 said:
There will be no more owners. We're more likely to have an Admin than another Owner. Owners are just that: owners. We own the server, not just administrate it. :p
Just makin' sure :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)