Randomness talk

Camishami

Crafter
Mar 28, 2014
         Ok thought id just start a conversation here. Whats your favorite game of all time? and what made you play Minecraft?

My answers:

1. Kingdom hearts

2. My husband got me into playing cause i was bored.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Whats your favorite game of all time? and what made you play Minecraft?

1. Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of time.

2. I was talking to one of my developer friends in gmail chat and he linked me to a map he made in Minecraft. I didn't even know what Minecraft was at the time nor was I much of a gamer. (here's the map he created: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/298404-adv-darkcraft-seal-of-the-great-lake-open-sourced/). I said I'd love to play when I get some money to afford it. He asked what username I wanted and then just gifted me the account :). I'm so glad he did because I've been loving this game since then.

Camishami

Crafter
Mar 28, 2014
Loved that game but the final fantasy series combined with disney caught my heart forever:) and that build looks amazing :)

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Diablo was insanely good when it came. I really enjoyed it. Not sure if it's my all time favorite, but it's one that I would choose to replay if I had too much time left over.

I had been playing a co-op, top down shooter, mmorpg for about a year and when it got bad I asked around for good games. I first tried Team Fortress and almost lost hope in humanity, but then I tried the demo version of Minecraft and was hooked.

whiteNnerdy234

Aren't you the guy wth all the commands?
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Canada
1. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

2. Similar to Kawohi, my friends were all talking about Minecraft, so I learned a bit more and started getting into it. So my friend gave me an account to use and Imma rolling :p

Narbula

The best thing since Faxbook.
Supporter
Crafter
Mar 24, 2014
Michigan
1. Oh no, don't make me choose. D:

2. I was watching UberHaxorNova play a modded version of minecraft, and I fell in love with the turtles. You know, the ones you can flip over and put on your head. I've always wanted a turtle on my head. Even though normal minecraft has no turtles, it still looked like a fun game so I decided to play. c:

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
1. Minecraft is my favorite game of all time. Seriously. But before Minecraft, I had a few favorites. LoZ: OoT, Half Life 2, Halo: Combat Evolved, CoD 4, Pokémon: Fire Red, Super Mario Bros. 3, any Legend of Zelda game really. There are more, but I'll leave it at that for now, and move on to the next question. Haha

2. I was hanging out at my best friends house, as usual, and one of our mutual friends was hanging out, like he normally did back then. They were playing The Settlers of Catan or something like that when I showed up, and my friend, who some Veterans here may know as 'Hosby', asked me if I'd heard about Minecraft. He told me a little about it, and gave me the name of the server he played on. BuildWorx. Which was CraftBlocks' older sister server.

I played MC for a bit offline at first. I always play by myself before playing online. With any game. Once I got the hang of it, I tried BW. I fell in love with the game as soon as I tried it, and with the community as soon as I met them. I've been with this server community for about 3 years now? I think. It's been forever. Haha I have tried 2 other servers before, but they were big servers. The YouTubers, HatVentures guys and some other one, I forget. But I tried them once and never wanted to try any other since. Haha This is where I'm meant to be, I think. :D

T

Tazboi

Usually I don't do these but here we go...
Whats your favorite game of all time? and what made you play Minecraft?

1.) Deffinitely Dangan Ronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc; it was really amazing that a game would show they wanted the characters to talk, and how the characters had different personalities. The music and gameplay was also really heart-pounding.

2.) It had been a year after I had to quit another block-based adventure game (No, not roblox) and I was still very hearstricken from not being able to play it anymore. I went through many other 2D rpg's, but there were none that piqued my interest.
Finally, I came across minecraft, where I started with pvp servers which made me sad when people killed me. After that, I found CB :D

Edit: Sorry for any grammatical errors.

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
Tazboi said:
I tried OoT, and even looked up a guide, yet I couldn't get past the second dungeon T_T
You would go crazy if you made it to the Water Temple then. lol Most likely literally insane. If you couldn't make it past the 2nd dungeon. Haha What dungeon are you talking about? Do you remember?

Matx490

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Some where over the rainbow
1. Pokemon Pearl

2. So my i went to this thing with my friend (i dont remeber what it was...) and he brought his ipod touch. He showed me this game called minecraft and i thought it was pretty cool. After about 5 months of the pocket edition i decided to the pc version and thats where i am today. Craftblock was the first server i have ever joined and im proud of it :)

uhhlking

issa lking
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
America
1) Skyrim

2) Saw a YouTuber play it... looked cool, so I bought it. Derped around in SSP forever... then tried multiplayer. I found CB after a while and stuck around.

whiteNnerdy234

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Canada
Uu_VALKYRE_uU said:
Tazboi said:
I tried OoT, and even looked up a guide, yet I couldn't get past the second dungeon T_T
You would go crazy if you made it to the Water Temple then. lol Most likely literally insane. If you couldn't make it past the 2nd dungeon. Haha What dungeon are you talking about? Do you remember?
Second Dungeon is Dodongo's Cavern. I love the Water Temple, Dark Link has got to be the funnest boss in the game to fight except for Ganondorf

T

Tazboi

Uu_VALKYRE_uU said:
Tazboi said:
I looked up the dungeons, I don't remember what the name was, but it turned out it wasn't a dungeon at all. It was a town-like area full of mole creatures in a cave setting. I still don't even know what to say of it.

whiteNnerdy234

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Canada
Mole creatures? Do you mean Gorons?

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
@whiteNnerdy23 - lol I know that the 2nd dungeon is the Dodongo's Cavern. But I wasn't sure if he knew what was a dungeon or not. That's why I asked if he remembered. I love the whole game as a whole. :)

@Tazboi - That's the Goron City. Where there was one of them rolling around? Haha You hadn't gotten to the 2nd dungeon yet. :p You should for sure keep playing, if you can. It's one of the most fun games ever made. I've played it, no exageration, beginning-to-end about 25-35 times. I have it for my N64, and GameCube. I also have it on my 3DS. I've played it a few times all the way through on that, too.

Edit: Aw, you beat me to it. Haha It took me a while to type that up. :p

Nayxerr

mths? I'm Nayxerr now!
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
1. I like Minecraft since you can do so much in it. But if I have to choose something else I would have to say eother Pokemon Emerald or SSX. Emerald was 1 of the 2 first pokemon games I had. Me and my friend used to play it over and over again. Love Gen 3 and I'm waiting for a remake of it. SSX was the first game I had for my PS2. It is a game I will always rember and love.

2. I used to play a game called Everybody Edits. Which is kinda like Minecraft except thatit's 2D and you are a smiley. So I was playing it and my older brother came in and saw me playing it. He said he knew a better game and showed me Minecraft. I started playing in a classic world. Later that day my friend (kanka) came over and I showed him. Later we started with classic multiplayer. We played classic for like 6 months and then I told my brother that I wanted to play with zombies and stuff. Then in June like 3 years ago my friend showed Buildworx. I got stuck in this community since then :)

I think I got everything now XD

Camishami

Crafter
Mar 28, 2014
     Thanks for the return comments. Im glad i could start such a riveting conversation with everyone. Most people seem to be very fond of the came LoZ:OoT the game was amazing, and  it really set the bench mark of what was desired in a game.  
  Look for my next post Cammies Randomness Pt. 2

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
The randomness belongs in "Bacon & Mooshrooms", now that I think about it. So, I moved this, and your other thread. :)

Chiplover2

Deadbeat o3o
Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
your local bag of chips (so much air in here!)
No, wait! Before you guys wrap this up for good I have to chime in :D.

1.) I'd have to say that my favorite game before Minecraft is Petz 5. The old one, from 1998. XD. I liked it because I was obsessed with animals as a kid, and now I could have more than the two cats walking around in my real house! I haven't legitimately played it since I was about 9, but I actually tried it again a few months ago. I quit after a week, because all the files that were corrupted from my constant modding created an army against me on my desktop :L. I chose this because I wasn't really a gamer until I got Minecraft, lol. Oh, and I got 100% on the Sushi dish in Cooking Mama World Kitchen (for the Wii; it was quite a workout when you're 11 years old with no athletics in your blood), if that counts XD.

2.) I was at summer camp once, and we were in the computer lab (don't ask XD). The older kids, like 15 apiece, were playing this cool-lookin' game with these big blocks in it. It looked cool to me, so I bravely took my 10-year-old self to ask them what it was. They said it was Minecraft. I went home, went on the website, and played the free version (they said it was called the "Classic" version) on the site for the longest time (I'm notorious for being a cheapo irl).
Much like Lking, I saw YouTubers playing it. Since every other suggested video on YT is an MC video these days, I was bound to find one eventually :L. Then I found AntVenom, iHasCupquake and a few others playing on a SG server, and that was pretty amusing to me at the time, lol. I had found it again, and it seemed like fate this time, lol. I eventually bought it this time, expecting it to be the simple sandbox that I had found so long ago, but this time it was more complex. More fun :p. Then that got boring after about 2 months until I quit temporarily and found out how to mod. Hehe, you shoulda seen my desktop XD. Then, that got boring, and I left temporarily again until I found out about servers ;). I tried this one towny server that I loved with a passion. But, you couldn't rank up at all without being the equivalent to Ambassador or donate $80 for the equivalent of Gold. Lol. It felt like years since I started that, but it was only about 4 months in total. I can still remember the town that I lived in so clearly, to this day. Then, I quit that one, took about 2 months off, and found this server chain :D. The rest is history ;).

I like sharing my Minecraft story with people :p.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)