PStones...

Chiplover2

Deadbeat o3o
Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
your local bag of chips (so much air in here!)
They'd be more appropriately named as "PMStones."

Let's say someone doesn't know how to adjust their field. I go to their PStone, only to find out that they bought the Air of Atlantis one. I have to tell them that they bought the wrong one, and they totally flip out. "But I spent my cold hard CraftBucks on this!" I say "Hey, try /ps take!" But that doesn't work because they never even placed the damn thing with shift anyway :L.

A relatively common problem on Main. And I didn't even get to how to adjust their field yet XD. 

"Oh, that's easy, just give them the wiki page that Ar7 and Avox put so much hard work into," I hear you plea...

Please don't throw rocks at me for saying this, but...
No noob ever wants to read the wikis. They're too lazy to read the wiki, or don't get it. Yes, everything important is in bold, and yes, it's pretty easy to understand for us mortals, but some people just don't get it at all, for whatever reason. I know the wikis are a great source of information, but no one that actually needs that information consults the wiki page when they can have an online Mod wipe their ass for them. 

The wiki page might go into some other issue, but it's relevant to this issue. 

PStones are just weird in general... Even I forget to place it with shift at most times, and the editing process is always kind of awkward (do I left-click, or right-click...?). They can be too hard to find when you want to turn it off and you nestled it under your floor somewhere. And, in my opinion, it's just too confusing for a noob. Sure, there's the wiki page with detailed explanations to how everything works, but even for me it's still a bit finicky.

Please, hear me out, when I say that we NEED GriefPrevention... Our friends on Nano can agree with me here that it's a lot easier to use. 

Angeleem

Tay is bae 。◕ ‿ ◕。
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Under Jag's bed ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
http
I can back you up here. When I got on main and tried to protect my lil' house, I read the wiki and nothing really clicked for me *yes, I am one of those people, sorry this is why I'm bad at school, throw rocks at me.* I can say that our grief protection is SOOOOOO easy to use, all you need to do is have a golden shovel and the right claim blocks...you click a corner of your claim then you just click the opposite corner and you are done, no messing around with anything else. Plus, if someone has a really cool project and not enough claim blocks, I can help them by claiming it until they have enough, instead of someone not having enough craftbucks or whatever and complaining, cuz I'm not gunna give up my craftbucks to help them <.< ....

Avoxsas

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
PStones are easier at the moment than when initially set up. The volume no longer works, so you can set the adjustable PStones to whatever size you want.

If you can't remember to crouch and place it...well...can't help you there.

Slap it down in the middle of your build.
/ps setradius #
/ps expand u/d #

Easy as that. We've been using PStones for three years? I think. There have been some problems with understanding, but that's why we have wikis and experienced people to explain it in-game.

They're also cheap. If you vote on all the sites, you have enough for a PStone. Dig soulsand for 10 minutes - PStone. Etc.

We are always going to have problems with things like this. I don't have enough claim blocks! I don't have a golden shovel! I don't understand which places I click! Bla bla bla.

I don't think we need to change. People just need to a. Be less lazy and b. Help explain it to others. I mean no insult to either of you when I say this - I'm talking more about the new players who make no effort to give it a go themselves.

Chiplover2

Deadbeat o3o
Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
your local bag of chips (so much air in here!)
Step 1: /kit protect (on Nano, which has a golden shovel in it)
Step 2: Select corners
Done.

I would much rather physically select how much land I wanted protected than type in an integer that may or may not encompass my base.

Well, we're always going to have a problem with something... I'd just much rather it being GriefPrevention XD.

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
I've said it a million times before, and I'll say it again... There is absolutely nothing wrong with PStones. The only problem with PStones is PEBKAC. It isn't difficult to use, and it isn't difficult to understand. The wiki for it is in plain English. Don't want to read it? Too lazy to read it? Too damn bad, not my problem. It's there to teach you how to use PStones. It's entirely the player's fault if they refuse to read it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)