Pstone

Status
Not open for further replies.

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
coldeneofspades was making a big fuss in the public chat today. one because he couldnt use pstones or that they diappeared when you log back in.
There is a problem with the pstones though.  They cost alot and so when people lose then with no fault of themselve they are getting frustrated. And fair enough.  Also becuase they are not working, cold is making a fuss over it being constantly advertised in the chat(bot)
Thing is he refueses to make a complaint about it as he chooses not to register on forums.    And persistently got on my cases to report this to staff. 

Ive told him to be patient, owners have enough to do, which he then replied yeah working on mob arenas and using voxel. 
Ive given him a link to learn more about how to use towny, but it seems he may have ignored that on how to get more land for his ton and claiming land far from his town.

Hes his own worse enemy.

Can we have a message about whats happening with pstones? in news or something just so ppl know?

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
PStones were working fine. @kawohi might have updated it without recalling what I told her about PStones being broken when I last updated, resulting in downgrading to the version installed before I updated.

Also, "not working" is a bit vague. Either the player needs to make a forum account and explain himself, or suck it up and deal with it. The latter is what he'll have to do if he refuses to make a forum account. We have the forum for a reason. In the future, please insist a player makes an account if something is wrong. I see no reason to help a player if they're not willing to help us help them.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Ar7ific1al said:
PStones were working fine. @kawohi might have updated it without recalling what I told her about PStones being broken when I last updated, resulting in downgrading to the version installed before I updated.

Also, "not working" is a bit vague. Either the player needs to make a forum account and explain himself, or suck it up and deal with it. The latter is what he'll have to do if he refuses to make a forum account. We have the forum for a reason. In the future, please insist a player makes an account if something is wrong. I see no reason to help a player if they're not willing to help us help them.
I didn't, though. I updated Towny, WG, and a few other plugins but not PStones.

Didn't expect this to come from Cold though :( but i'll see if I can fix whatever the problem is

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
"not working" as in the feild of the pstone does not show up or is activated on entering the feild in the chat and so when breaking the pstone it does not read as removing a pstone. We are trialling it again and have both replaced our pstones which it does actiavte the pstone. Entering and leaving shows up in the chat as it should. After explaining that to cold he said it is after a "restart of the server". So ill see if its still there after a restart.

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
Yup just had a restart and the psone is no longer activated nor is a pstone anymore. I needed to mine it and replace the pstone for it to work again.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Okay thanks, will try to fix it/

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
Sorry to harp on about this. I found a blockling in possession of beacon. I question where he got it from, he said he didn't know. So I told him I'm removing it which he was ok with. Sad thing is if the stones are only working till a restart of the server, we will get a lot of griefing known and unknown from player builds who may have been offline some time not knowing their place s no longer protected. The pstones are activated when placed till the next server restart. When the player returns after the restart the feild is no longer working. Opps sorry I'm repeating myself.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
I'm trying to figure out the problem. So it's disabled when a restart happens, correct? Perhaps it's having trouble connecting to the database. WHich Ar7 did mentioned.

And that might explain the error that happens every morning when the server shuts down. It's a database error.

Trying to figure it out.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Found the issue with /ps debug

Code:
:59:20 PM CONSOLE: [INFO] kawohi issued server command: /i 99
3:59:23 PM CONSOLE: [INFO] Rated_black entered a Adjustorama field
3:59:23 PM CONSOLE: [INFO] Rated_black left a Adjustorama field
3:59:25 PM CONSOLE: [INFO] INSERT INTO `pstone_cuboids` ( `parent`, `x`, `y`, `z`, `world`, `minx`, `miny`, `minz`, `maxx`, `maxy`, `maxz`, `velocity`, `type_id`, `data`, `owner`, `name`, `packed_allowed`, `last_used`, `flags`) VALUES ( 0,-646,71,-64,'spawn',-650,68,-68,-642,74,-60,0.0,99,0,'kawohi','','','1394053165773','{}');
3:59:25 PM CONSOLE: ERROR]: Error at SQL INSERT Query: java.sql.SQLException: Field 'id' doesn't have a default value
3:59:26 PM CONSOLE: [INFO] Rated_black entered a Adjustorama field
3:59:26 PM CONSOLE: [INFO] HUGE_MUSHROOM_1: 2754
3:59:26 PM CONSOLE: [INFO] HUGE_MUSHROOM_1: 1280
3:59:28 PM CONSOLE: [INFO] HUGE_MUSHROOM_1: 2754
3:59:28 PM CONSOLE: [INFO] HUGE_MUSHROOM_1: 1280
3:59:28 PM CONSOLE: [INFO] Rated_black left a Adjustorama field
3:59:28 PM CONSOLE: [INFO] Rated_black left a Adjustorama field
3:59:28 PM CONSOLE: [INFO] Rated_black entered a Adjustorama field
3:59:28 PM Queue: processing 1 pstone queries...
3:59:28 PM CONSOLE: [INFO] Exp3rtGamer issued server command: /r to
Now just need to apply a fix, soon.

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
@kawohi
You updated PStones. That's what the problem was when I updated it. I downgraded it to the version we had before I updated it and it was fine. This is what I was telling you about.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Ar7ific1al said:
@kawohi
You updated PStones. That's what the problem was when I updated it. I downgraded it to the version we had before I updated it and it was fine. This is what I was telling you about.
But I didn't .

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
@kawohi
I don't understand what the problem is, then. It started doing that as soon as I updated to the latest dev build (which by the way is still the February 1 build), and downgrading fixed it.

Perhaps there really is something seriously wrong with the database(s). And your keyboard is borked and you won't get a new one until next week? Dude, get Amazon Prime. Take the trial, pay $3 for next-day shipping. Worth it. Or do the Newegg Premier trial.

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
all fixed thank you all very much :) cant close the thread... oh i wasnt looking low enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)