PSA: Griefers

Avoxsas

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
Howdy, Mods!

Please do not tell players who griefed them unless it is necessary.

E.g. They are a town owner, and need to remove a player who has griefed from the town.

Judge the situation yourself, but please don't just tell anyone who asks. Point them towards the PStone wiki or explain how to protect their builds instead.

Thank you. :nyan

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Yes.
I agree.

A couple of days ago I had an discussion with mths about the pros and cons with letting everyone know as soon as you find out.

I thought then that it would be simpler to just be open and honest with everything. I have since then thought it over and I came to the conclusion that by answering to all requests we risk getting caught in a service that is not really beneficial to the social climate on the server.

Another point is that it might look as we take sides in complicated relations that we are not fully understood with.

I recommend that in addition to what Avoxsas said, we also try to ensure the grief victims that we fully take care of any potential disputes in a fair way and that they can return to having fun with their friends and projects. By doing so we help out on two different planes simultaneously.

Chiplover2

Deadbeat o3o
Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
your local bag of chips (so much air in here!)
I just tell people that they can find the ban report when I post it; it keeps people from knowing in public chat, and if they're really that curious (which they probably aren't, lol), then they'll go look at it themselves. The ban report shows that the problem was dealt with in an honest manner, which helps out with that plane of player security that Ish was talking about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)