Player Shops!

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Guide to create Player Shops on CraftBlock!

The best way to learn how to use and create player shops, or "Sign Shops" is to watch the developer of the plugin explain it.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXCpwJaxozg[/video]
Skip to 0:50

The video explains some pretty important features. For the most part though, here's a quick guide.

1. Create a sign with the following text. 

[Buy] or [Sell]
    Anything can go here!
    Also on this line!
    The text in bold is required. 50 is the price.
  2. Place a shop anywhere. It can be below the sign, below the ground, in a storage, anywhere.
  3. Place how many blocks you want to sell first. If you want to sell 10 dirt blocks at a time, only place 10 dirt blocks until you set up the shop. After, you can store more.
  4. Get redstone and punch the chest FIRST and then the sign you just made.
Please redirect all players who ask how to create player shops by telling them to do /playershops in-game.

DONORS! Make sure to read the rules before starting a shop!
http://craftblock.me/forum/thread-148.html

valdem0rt

I burn in fire
Crafter
Feb 26, 2014
Ok, I know this sounds really noobish, but how do I type in bold? :huh::blush:

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
Taking that the player shops are in the donators area on forums- so is only available to donators right?

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
_SunDust_ said:
taking that the player shops are in the dnators area- so is only available to doantors right?
Sign shops? This is for everyone.

MrVickster

Reclusive
Crafter
Dec 18, 2013
USA
Last I checked player shops were only available to gold ( according to the ranks and commands wiki and a failed attempt to make a SignShop.)

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Victor_Person said:
Last I checked player shops were only available to gold ( according to the ranks and commands wiki and a failed attempt to make a SignShop.)
It's for everyone. Also the permissions for shops are outdated and needs to be removed for the wiki (Will do that soon)

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
Found also that the sign also needs to be unlocked by the sign owner for the shop to work once it's activated.

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
That's good holy.  After you made the player shop, did you have a regular player buy from it?   I mean not staff member to test it.

Hmm maybe we don't need to unlock the sign after all.. Eh what am I talking about then? Lol

Tmf and others were setting up their shops, and found people couldn't buy from it. We tried unlocking the sign, then the shop worked.

Oh and ar7 yeah that kinda falls in line with what I found out online when I tried looking for a solution, they said the same thing about pstones which I didn't fully understand.  

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
If a number is used on the second, not sure about the third line for example 7. The signwont work. If you typed Seven the sign would more likely work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)