Permanent ban

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
I see some confusion around this permanent ban thing. I don't have a problem with it. But I do see some people quite confused by it that it might need some clarification.

I see jag is in the process of sorting something out around this on forums, and some players have made some good points.

I don't know if what I'm saying is even possible, but anythings possible.

I was thinking maybe for those permanently banned there is 
Permanent ban.    [pending].   Pending time is only seen and known by staff.  I guess it's a temp ban but with the title permanent as the word needs to hold its own strength to get a message to the players.

And the outright
Permanent ban

This pending time could be a fixed 3 months???  Maybe, idk

I've done a 2 month ban and that didnt go down too well but that's what happens.

I do think they need some "time out" enough to get the message across.

It will also helps us to give them hope of future possibilities on the server.

I don't like being the big ogre but if I need to I will. I do like how the players are given another chance, not necessarily by us, but by the owners . 

It shows another side of the server, a forgiving side, a hint of brighter hopes, a little light if encouragement, that to some small degree changes something inside a player to look on the server with a change of heart and new determination not to make the same mistake.

I know they're not all like that, but I like how staff show mercy to those they have brighter hopes for.

[Blah blah blah sun time to hop off]

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
This is why we have ban reasons. /ban _SunDust_ Griefing; Appeal @ Craftblock.me
Temporary bans are temporary, as the name suggests, and tells temporarily banned players how long they have until they can join again.

If a player doesn't care enough to appeal their ban on our forum, then there's no point in unbanning them. Players that care enough to appeal their ban (whether or not they understand they were in the wrong) are absolutely 100% encouraged to do so (as the ban message says: "Appeal @ Craftblock.me").

crackers1097

Crafter
Feb 8, 2014
Minnesota
Honestly, I don't think we'll need this if we change our mindset.
When determining a ban, we shouldn't be asking ourselves on whether the person deserves the ban, and instead focus on whether they could be beneficial to the community. Staff, recently, have made many bans on players who had done great things for this server.

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
ok, no need for the above idea.

I guess its more so in regards to this

http://craftblock.me/forum/thread-3451.html

and as a direct result of that we got this

http://craftblock.me/forum/thread-3452.html

Player comes back wants to appeal and denied after 4 months banned.

Although I dont think he seems very apologetic but just wanting to play on the server.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)