People posting on their apps

Chiplover2

Deadbeat o3o
Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
your local bag of chips (so much air in here!)
Hello. I just wanted to talk about something that really ticks me off: when people post on their own applications (as the title says, lol). 

When people reply to a vouch saying "Thank you!", it's just kinda obnoxious. We already know how much you appreciate the vouch, you don't need to say so for every single reply.

Just let the vouchers do the talking! You can make a separate post about how much you appreciate your vouches, or how much you hated someone's comment on your application. The application isn't a chat room, it's for vouches. It's good to give an answer to why you vouch, though. 

Oh, and you shouldn't thank posts with vouches on them; it's kinda pushy. In my mind, it's like thanking a post that recommends you as mod.  

Anyway, just lay off your own application; it isn't really your decision if you're going to get that rank in the end, anyway. 

uhhlking

issa lking
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
America
This is what the "Like" button is for. XD

Terminator_T800

Hitman
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Germany
Talking about promotion apps. I really don't like it when people quote/reply the whole ap, and then write a few sentences. If they want to say something about a part of it quote that part, not the whole thing

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
I think your are wrong about everything except posting "thank you".

If someone does not give a vouch and specifies the reason, the applicant should be allowed to explain him/herself. It might very well be an misunderstanding that can be easily resolved by the applicant.

It might not be a general "chat room" no, but imo we should all be able to discuss the facts that we find important in making our decision about vouching. Where else should this be discussed? I wouldn't like to have 2 separate threads for every application, one for vouches and one for debate.

Making separate threads to discuss every debatable post on all the applications? Do I really need to explain why that would be a bad idea?

Finally; thanking posts (now "liking" I assume) is the very best way of an applicant to show their appreciation towards a kind and positive vouch post. You might argue that appreciation is guaranteed and therefore unnecessary to show, but I would rather have a "like" than nothing if I take my time to write something nice for someone.

whiteNnerdy234

Aren't you the guy wth all the commands?
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Canada
Zombie_Pigman said:
Talking about promotion apps. I really don't like it when people quote/reply the whole ap, and then write a few sentences. If they want to say something about a part of it quote that part, not the whole thing
How do you quote only part of the post?

_MoonDust_

Crafter
Dec 25, 2013
New Zealand
I don't think they should do that either chip but they are entitled to their own opinion :3

Terminator_T800

Hitman
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Germany
whiteNnerdy23 said:
Zombie_Pigman said:
No clue. But some people on the forums do

Ww_Crow_wW

Tired ™
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
???
Zombie_Pigman said:
whiteNnerdy23 said:
Zombie_Pigman said:
No clue. But some people on the forums do
right between the reply and report buttons, click that, type in the reply box at the bottom of the page and there should be a thing saying you have quotes, click that then remove whatever text you dont need/want except the code for the quote :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)