Our global ban process.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
This process really hasn't been talked much. So I'd like to bring all of the servers staff on this discussion, specially the owners and admins.

@Ar7ific1al @Avoxsas @JagSwag2014 @thezygar @ishrki

So in the beginning, when we were having multiple servers, we came up with a simple global ban system. When a player is causing a lot of trouble in the community, including the servers, you' are added to the global banned list.

But if you was just banned on one server, and your appeal was denied, I thought it was fine giving you another chance on another one of our servers. If you somehow managed to change and become a better player, you'd be able to appeal for the main server.

Maybe this process should be modified a little and be a little more stricter, and more clear, as well as added to the wiki (@Avoxsas?:)).

My suggestions:

• If you are globally banned, you can NOT appeal for at-least a year.
  • When you do appeal, you better make sure to have a good explanation why we'd let you back on the server. This decision will then be talked about in the staff forum.
  • If you are banned on two servers. Let's say you was banned on craftblock and then you were banned on nano, then I think you should be on the global ban list.

That is pretty much my suggestions and I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks.

Deadacc

Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
Looking at the suggestions, I'll go down the list.

1. Agreed with the waiting for a year banned, maybe shorter, but a year at-least is good.
2. Totally agree, nothing to add to it from me.
3. Two servers does sound good, but I think when they're/a player is permanent banned on two servers, we have a staff discussion on what to do with the player.

crackers1097

Crafter
Feb 8, 2014
Minnesota
Here's the way I see it. When someone is banned globally, it's no rushed decision. Whatever they did, it was bad, bad enough to ban them from anything we're related to. Take a look at FlavorFlaves, the sexist who drove hannah615 and roo2cool4u away from the server. How long did it take hannah to come back? I know for a fact roo never did. And what about TaySarge? Genzong? The things people do to deserve a global ban aren't just breaking rules, they're doing horrible things to people. Should we ever let hateful people on our server? It harms out community, our servers, and it's what fractured our community mid-2013.
An appeal for a global ban should be taken as a joke, in all honesty.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
crackers1097 said:
Here's the way I see it. When someone is banned globally, it's no rushed decision. Whatever they did, it was bad, bad enough to ban them from anything we're related to. Take a look at FlavorFlaves, the sexist who drove hannah615 and roo2cool4u away from the server. How long did it take hannah to come back? I know for a fact roo never did. And what about TaySarge? Genzong? The things people do to deserve a global ban aren't just breaking rules, they're doing horrible things to people. Should we ever let hateful people on our server? It harms out community, our servers, and it's what fractured our community mid-2013.
An appeal for a global ban should be taken as a joke, in all honesty.
Seems like you remember most of it. Mind posting here or PM'ing me what happened with genzong and flavorflaves? I can't remember back then, all I know was that he was being sexist towards them. 

But, you are correct. I wasn't thinking about this completely. Wudude said the same thing 

So I'll retract my 1 year ban. They should  be banned forever.  

JagSwag2014

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
USA
www.planetminecraft.com
Genzong was an ass about us trying to get him to stop with the drug references and such, also threatening to sue us for using his username. Lol

I agree with the global ban stuff, and with the permanent forever.

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
This is what I remember about Genzong:

* Started out with being very active on main and introduced himself as someone very interested in terraforming.

* Started bringing up his (medicinal) marijuana habits in game and recommended it strongly.

* When kids asked how it was to smoke weed he told them things like " it's the most wonderful feeling ever". (which might well be true, just not appropriate for that setting.)

* I saw his custom user title set as " Start the day right with wake and bake."

* I sent him a Pm where I politely asked him to change it. I also explained to him why I considered it inappropriate.

* Hell broke loose and he started defending himself aggressively while also throwing wild accusations around.

* He refused to change standpoint from "I have a legal prescription which entitles me to censor free promotion and discussion everywhere." to something more like "I have my medicine, but I might  not spend all my free time promoting it to kids."

* He was banned on main and then resorted to bring drama to TS.

* Yada yada yada.

thezygar

Crafter
Dec 25, 2013
Utah
www.zygar.net
I agree that global bans should be permanent. The biggest obstacle I had was getting a list of who is globally banned. I'd much rather include such bans in my server than have to wait for them to piss me off so I can ban them.

Narbula

The best thing since Faxbook.
Supporter
Crafter
Mar 24, 2014
Michigan
kawohi said:
Please remember this when you look at FlavorFlaves appeal. Should this be explained in his thread and then locked because we agreed that all globally banned people should be permanently banned?
For those of you who haven't seen or just want a reminder, his appeal is here: http://craftblock.me/forum/thread-5198.html

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Narbula said:
kawohi said:
Please remember this when you look at FlavorFlaves appeal. Should this be explained in his thread and then locked because we agreed that all globally banned people should be permanently banned?
For those of you who haven't seen or just want a reminder, his appeal is here: http://craftblock.me/forum/thread-5198.html
So you guys are right that anyone who is globally banned should stay banned. 

It was our fault however to not have a global ban list, as well as made sure the bans were updated for the new servers. Flaves managed to get on Civ and was able to show some that he's mature, etc. Even @thezygar thinks so as well.

So,  in his case, we're giving him another chance in civ only. 

But I promise you guys that we'll be keeping a global ban list now, as well as making sure all servers are updated with the list. and no other player will be unbanned from it. 

crackers1097

Crafter
Feb 8, 2014
Minnesota
kawohi said:
Narbula said:
kawohi said:
So you guys are right that anyone who is globally banned should stay banned. 

It was our fault however to not have a global ban list, as well as made sure the bans were updated for the new servers. Flaves managed to get on Civ and was able to show some that he's mature, etc. Even @thezygar thinks so as well.

So,  in his case, we're giving him another chance in civ only. 

But I promise you guys that we'll be keeping a global ban list now, as well as making sure all servers are updated with the list. and no other player will be unbanned from it. 
Fine, he will be allowed on the Civ server, but he should not be allowed on the Forums. It's part of the Ban List, and he circumvented it by making a new account. Either remove his posting or ban his Forum Account, for I will the moment he posts anywhere else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)