New Build Competition?

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
Lately, I've noticed more and more players joining that have built some pretty excellent things. Some that I think may be able to earn the Designer rank pretty easily. Even though I haven't been on for a while, and my internet was sacrificed for a bit, I have still been checking stuff out with my phone. And last few times I was on, I checked some others builds out, in-game. Some were pretty sweet. 

If we do have a build competition, we should let the building time frame run for a few weeks at least. To allow players to gain enough money/materials to build something huge. The only ideas that I have right now for themes, would be "City", "Town", maybe a "Museum". I don't know. But does anyone else have any ideas for themes? I'm thinking whatever it is, it should be something huge! Large enough to allow for players to build something very large and epic. :D

If we have a build comp. like this now, we may see some very cool stuff. As for rewards, Maybe something like, [img=10x10]http://i.imgur.com/YtdckOp.png[/img]10,000, a plaque at Spawn, and possible Designer rank? These are all just suggestions. From an idea I had while looking through the Projects and Screenshots section. 

What do you boils & ghouls think? XD

JagSwag2014

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
USA
www.planetminecraft.com
Sounds cool. I've been meaning to get a build competition going for NanoBlock as well, just wasn't sure what to have as a 'theme', per say.

Good ideas, though. ;)
I'm not one for choosing a theme (I can never be happy with just one xD), but some of your suggestions sound nice. :)

I like the currency symbol, by the way. :p

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
I'd much rather see team building competitions rather than solo competitions. Rewards would obviously have to be handled a bit differently, and team competitions would have to be rather scarce because we can't have a team competition every month and promote 3 players to Designer. lol

But what I'd like to see is a build competition with requirements for the team. Here's an example.

Competition Type: Team
Theme: Futuristic Town
Max Team Size: 5
Min Team Size: 3
Team Description: Each team should have at least two builders and one creative director. The creative director is the team member who essentially will oversee the project. The Creative Director is not exempt from building and must build alongside his or her builders.
Competition Description: You will have one week to gather a team, or to join a team. Once the week has passed, your team will have three days to decide on a build and begin planning. The final two weeks will be for building. Any additional materials may be gathered during the build phase.

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
tomrobans said:
Uu_VALKYRE_uU said:
I love it! Yes. Let's do that.
What about the people who want to compete on their own? I know i would.
Then I'm afraid you would not be able to participate. The goal of a cooperative build is to cooperate, not to be an antisocial introvert.

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
Maybe we can make it so you can still participate, but you're docked points for working Han-style. But if you join the Rebel Alliance, you all receive an equal amount of points. This would be a competition to see how well you work with others and cooperate to build something epic. But if you go Han, you had better make it bad ass! But, "Don't get cocky, kid"! The force may be strong with you, but "You must unlearn what you have learned", and learn to work with others. :p These are just suggestions though.

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
Uu_VALKYRE_uU said:
Maybe we can make it so you can still participate, but you're docked points for working Han-style. But if you join the Rebel Alliance, you all receive an equal amount of points. This would be a competition to see how well you work with others and cooperate to build something epic. But if you go Han, you had better make it bad ass! But, "Don't get cocky, kid"! The force may be strong with you, but "You must unlearn what you have learned", and learn to work with others. :p These are just suggestions though.
The objective of the team competition is to promote teamwork and building as a group. Just as well, in a cooperative building competition, build sizes should be quite large. One player can't build something as large as 3 or 4 players can in just one week.

SpindlyBaton98

A Sans-Sational Experience.
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
United Kingdom
xboxdvr.com
Ar7ific1al said:
Uu_VALKYRE_uU said:
The objective of the team competition is to promote teamwork and building as a group. Just as well, in a cooperative building competition, build sizes should be quite large. One player can't build something as large as 3 or 4 players can in just one week.
You just said that... you literally just said that...

@Ar7ific1al, :
[img=325x325]http://www.my-favorite-coloring.net/Images/Large/Famous-characters-Troll-face-Challenge-accepted-140949.png[/img]

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
@tomrobans
I don't think you understand. I mean seriously massive builds. Something a single player would take months to build. If we hold a cooperative building competition, this is the scale I expect. I expect the scale of at least the entire spawn island on CraftBlock. I expect detail that would satisfy even the most detail minded of us. I expect something truly amazing that, without a team, would be impossible to pull off in seven days.

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
Ar7ific1al said:
@tomrobans
I don't think you understand. I mean seriously massive builds. Something a single player would take months to build. If we hold a cooperative building competition, this is the scale I expect. I expect the scale of at least the entire spawn island on CraftBlock. I expect detail that would satisfy even the most detail minded of us. I expect something truly amazing that, without a team, would be impossible to pull off in seven days.
I concur. The word Epic comes to mind. A word not to be thrown around so nonchalantly. 

SpindlyBaton98

A Sans-Sational Experience.
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
United Kingdom
xboxdvr.com
Uu_VALKYRE_uU said:
Ar7ific1al said:
@tomrobans
I concur. The word Epic comes to mind. A word not to be thrown around so nonchalantly. 
I wasnt throwing it around, i actually had faith that i would be able to pull this off and build something completely awesome. I already started to think of ideas to make my build happen, and i also plan on letting you guys see it as well, cause i might remake it on Main :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)