Mods unbanning

Deadacc

Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
Are mods allowed to unbanned players in the ban appeal section, I know mods have /pardon, just a something I was wondering about.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Haven't really thought about this before.

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
In my short time here on craftblock, Ive only ever seen the owners unbanning. I have seen mods been given permission from owners to unban like art gave crackers permmision to unban. Narb was questioning this as well the other day while me and R3ality was on. I said that I leave it to the owners to decide. As far as I see we done our part, put up the report with as much evidence we can. We can give our 2cents on the matter but that the end decision to come down to the owners. Thats how I feel it should be done, seems orderly, assuming the have the overall best intentions for the whole Craftblock itself. Not saying we dont have good intentions either. But I do see them as having the bigger picture of Craftblock in mind. I dont know what /pardon does?

SpindlyBaton98

A Sans-Sational Experience.
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
United Kingdom
xboxdvr.com
_SunDust_ said:
In my short time here on craftblock, Ive only ever seen the owners unbanning.  I have seen mods been given permission from owners to unban like art gave crackers permmision to unban.  Narb was questioning this as well the other day while me and R3ality was on.  I said that I leave it to the owners to decide.  As far as I see we done our part, put up the report with as much evidence we can.  We can give our 2cents on the matter but that the end decision to come down to the owners.  Thats how I feel it should be done, seems orderly, assuming the have the overall best intentions for the whole Craftblock itself. Not saying we dont have good intentions either.  But I do see them as having the bigger picture of Craftblock in mind. I dont know what /pardon does?
/pardon is essentially revoking a Ban on a player. There is a second command known as /pardonip which is mainly for use by the owners to unban a player that has a specific IP Address.

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
tomrobans said:
/pardon is essentially revoking a Ban on a player. There is a second command known as /pardonip which is mainly for use by the owners to unban a player that has a specific IP Address.
/pardon and /pardonip are the vanilla unban commands - we don't use those. We use /unban and /unbanip.

crackers1097

Crafter
Feb 8, 2014
Minnesota
Honestly, I'd be all for ban appeals being given to Moderators if it's possible. It'd give me more to do on the Forums and allow me to give the server a greater impact. Maybe restrict it to SuperMods, maybe all Mods, but it seems like a purely good thing.

JagSwag2014

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
USA
www.planetminecraft.com
Perhaps certain moderators, maybe. (Not naming any names) I wouldn't trust some of the moderators, mostly the newer ones because they haven't been with us for too long. I'd be okay with super-moderators being given access, though.

xInZax

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
I don't think we've ever had that as an option. We used to always have Admin+ unban. I don't see an issue with the Super Mods having this though, as they know the system.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
JagSwag2014 said:
Perhaps certain moderators, maybe. (Not naming any names) I wouldn't trust some of the moderators, mostly the newer ones because they haven't been with us for too long. I'd be okay with super-moderators being given access, though.
I'm 100% okay with giving super mods this. 

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
To be clear, all mods already have unban command permissions. But, I agree - allowing SuperMods to make a call on whether a player is unbanned sounds fine.

Deadacc

Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
K, thanks for clearing this up for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)