MODERATOR'S WIKI

Avoxsas

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
CraftBlock's Wiki for Mods. Here are all of the rules and commands you need to know, and our expectations.

Welcome and congratulations on getting Moderator on CraftBlock! Mods are a crucial role on CraftBlock. Without you, we wouldn't be able to run the server day to day and keep it a fun and enjoyable.

Expectations
Being moderator can be fun but also stressful. You have important tasks --

Dealing with griefers.
·         You will see chat announcements like "Playername could be griefing!" or "WG: Playername (break) Glowstone (#89)."
·         Use /vanish, then teleport to the suspected player.
·         CoreProtect
  §  /co i, right and left-click blocks to check who broke/placed.
  §  Check if the player is breaking their own structure, or a structure belonging to someone else.
·         If the player does not own the structure, you may:
  §  Ask the player why they are griefing.
  §  If they claim they are helping a friend, ask said friend if they are online to confirm, or do /seen playername to check if they have been online recently. If they have not, griefing seems likely.
·         If you decide that the player is griefing, kick them with a message along the lines of "Please don't grief." This forces the player to pay attention; some don't notice chat/ignore deliberately.
·         Griefs can be rolled back with the command:
  §  /co rollback u:username t:#m/h/d r:#
  §  E.g. /co rollback u:Avoxsas t:2d r:5
  §  Try to keep the radius value low; 10 should usually suffice. If the grief is not completely rolled back, you can use a larger radius or move to the affected area and repeat.
  §  If the player has griefed iron/gold/diamond/emerald blocks, use the /invsee command to remove said blocks from their inventory.

For small (<50 blocks), really old griefs (~1000+ hours) just roll it back and post a player warning. No point in mailing the griefer as either:
a. they won't even remember what they griefed
b. probably now realise they aren't allowed to grief
c. are inactive and won't read a warning anyway.

Obviously if it's a large grief then you should follow normal banning procedures.

Please do not tell players who griefed them unless it is necessary.
E.g. They are a town owner, and need to remove a player who has griefed from the town.

Judge the situation yourself, but please don't just tell anyone who asks. Point them towards the PStone wiki or explain how to protect their builds instead.

Banning:

·         If it's less than 50 blocks (1 - 49), give the player a warning, rollback the area and post a Player Warning here: http://craftblock.me/forum/forum-71.html
·         If it's more than 50 blocks (50 - 149) then you do what you think is best. Do you think this player just came here to grief? Do you think he deserves a temp ban and to have a second chance? It's up to you. Typically, temp bans for griefing range from 3 days to a week. If you're unsure, look at other ban reports to compare how many blocks were griefed and how long the player was banned for.
·         Griefs of more than 150 or so blocks can warrant a permanent ban.
  §  When permanent banning, remember to give a reason and the site address.
  §  E.g. /ban Playername Griefing, appeal @ craftblock.me
·         Please don't be ban happy and ban whenever you think you see a grief. Ask and make sure. Back when our old server was alive, I griefed a few blocks when I first joined. I was new to Minecraft and did not know what 'griefing' was. Thankfully, a nice mod gave me a chance, informed me what I was doing and let me stay on the server. I'd like to give that chance to everyone.
·         Post ban reports here: http://craftblock.me/forum/forum-16.html

Dealing with X-rayers.
·         You will see chat announcements like "WG: Playername (break) Diamond ore (#56)."
·         If you see a player breaking a lot of ores in a short period of time, they could be x-raying.
·         Use /vanish, then teleport to the suspected player.
·         Watch the player for 5 minutes or more.
·         Suspect x-raying if they:
  §  Mine straight to ores.
  §  Mine in complete darkness.
·         You may want to install an x-ray mod yourself to check whether a player mines directly to ores. Link needs updating.
·         If you are completely sure that the player is x-raying, kick them with a message along the lines of "Take off the x-ray."
·         Using /invsee Playername, remove half of their x-rayed materials.
·         Continue watching them if they return. You may want to post a Player Warning here: http://craftblock.me/forum/forum-71.html
·         If you think that they have continued to x-ray, give them a 3 day temporary ban.
·         If the player continues x-raying after their temporary ban is up, you may permanently ban them.
·         When permanent banning, remember to give a reason and the site address.
·         E.g. /ban Playername X-raying, appeal @ craftblock.me

Dealing with advertisers.
·         Be familiar with what constitutes advertising:
  §  Giving out server IP address(es) of similar servers to players on CraftBlock.
  §  Eg. giving the IP to another survival building server
  §  PMing IPs to random players.
  §  Mailing IPs to random players.
  §  Repeatedly talking about similar servers so as to encourage others to try them.
·         Sharing IP addresses of the following types of servers is allowed:
  §  Survival Games servers
  §  Jail Break servers
  §  Other minigame-type servers
·         If a new player joins the server and immediately begins to advertise, permanently ban them.
·         If a builder advertises, kick them with a message along the lines of "Please don't advertise."
·         If they continue you may choose to ban them temporarily or permanently, depending on how often they do it.
·         Higher ranks should know better than to advertise. If a player ranked trusted or higher advertises, give them a month ban. If they do it again, permanently ban.
·         When permanent banning, remember to give a reason and the site address.
·         E.g. /ban Playername Advertising, appeal @ craftblock.me

Keeping chat clean and enjoyable.
·         Chat is something that can make or break a server; it can annoy players, make them leave, etc. We try to not have annoying rank colors or long prefixes because of this. Try to stop the following from happening.
·         Spam:
  §  This is when players spam the same thing, begging for something from staff or other players, repeatedly cussing, etc.
  §  Everyone swears and we're not a server that is only for 10 year olds. A random cuss is okay, just don't allow players to spam it or take it too far.
·         Sexual/Inappropriate discussions
§  This is important. We should act as mature adults and anything sexual should not be discussed here. Let's keep the chat clean.
·         Arguments/Fights:
  §  This happens a lot; from a PVP fight to someone stealing something. You have to handle the situation and try to stop it - figure out what's happening and help out.
·         In these situations, use your own discretion. You can:
  §  Politely ask a player to stop spamming.
  §  Temporarily mute them.
  §  Kick them.
  §  Temporarily or permanently ban them depending on the severity.
·         E.g. /ban Playername Spamming/Inappropriate language, appeal @ craftblock.me

Promoting Blocklings to Builders.
·         From time to time, do /list and check to see if there are any Blocklings online. Ask them if they have built a house. Blocklings may also request in chat that you check their house, so keep an eye out. Ask the Blockling to go to their house, then teleport to them.
  §  Using /co i, check that they built it. Friends can build houses together, but make sure they both participated in the building.
  §  Houses should have walls, a floor, a bed, a crafting table, a furnace, a chest and windows.
  §  If the house is underground, use your own judgement. Does it look like the player has spent a decent amount of time working on it?
·         Promote a Blockling to a Builder using the command /pex promote Playername.

Towny Admin
Please see this thread.

JagSwag2014

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
USA
www.planetminecraft.com
RE: Mod Wiki

I don't want to mess up your format, but here's a link to the X-ray mod to help catch x-rayers. :3
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/867079-172-xray-mod/

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013

_SunDust_ said:
Note: The pvp wont work if the pvp is off in a towny town. Mayors will need to be told to /t toggle pvp if they want the pvp enabled in the arena. pvp will not be enabled anywhere else but in the area.
PvP can be toggled off in individual plots. On top of this, Towny lets you set a plot to be an arena plot, enabling PvP in that plot. Multiple adjacent plots can be set to arena plots to make a larger arena.

crackers1097

Crafter
Feb 8, 2014
Minnesota

Thank you SunDust. If I need to make a PvP Arena I'll make sure to check here again.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013

Supermods, you can help out with accepting Town Applications. It's pretty easy.

Check out the town apps forum: http://craftblock.me/forum/forum-97.html
And the Official Town Guidelines: http://craftblock.me/forum/thread-1685.html

• Go to the app, read it.
  • Make sure the app itself is complete.
  • Warp to the town and check it out. The board is important, make sure the Town is organized with a pathway. And the unique structure needs to be more then a house, or a small shop.
  • Also make sure the town doesn't just have 3-4 builds in it like small houses. It needs to look like the town owners are progressing it. If it just looks to simple of a town, ask them to spend another week on the town and then bump the thread when it's time.
  • Go to the coords where the requested spawn should be. /setwarp TownName after.
  • Go to Town Hall and place a warp next to the other town warps. [warp] should be placed on top of the sign and the town name below it.

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand

For /commands list type
/customtext
To tp to coords
/tppos x y z

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand

Found this from art thought it might be helpful here. Not that we can change the weather but how we can respond to such questions.

CraftBlock is a survival and building server. The key part of that specification is "survival". Time and weather are part of survival.

Please don't change the time, and please don't change the weather. If someone's complaining about rain, too bad. If it makes them lag, inform them of Optifine and the ability of Optifine to turn off client-side rain. Rain/snow stops zombies and skeletons burning during the day, and turning it off alters the natural cycle.

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand

kawohi said:
Supermods, you can help out with accepting Town Applications. It's pretty easy.

Check out the town apps forum: http://craftblock.me/forum/forum-97.html
And the Official Town Guidelines: http://craftblock.me/forum/thread-1685.html

• Go to the app, read it.
  • Make sure the app itself is complete.
  • Warp to the town and check it out. The board is important, make sure the Town is organized with a pathway. And the unique structure needs to be more then a house, or a small shop.
  • Also make sure the town doesn't just have 3-4 builds in it like small houses. It needs to look like the town owners are progressing it. If it just looks to simple of a town, ask them to spend another week on the town and then bump the thread when it's time.
  • Go to the coords where the requested spawn should be. /setwarp TownName after.
  • Go to Town Hall and place a warp next to the other town warps. [warp] should be placed on top of the sign and the town name below it.
We do not have access to /setwarp
 TownName

And we do not have permission to place a sign in the Town Warp.

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
RE: MODERATOR'S BIBLE

In regards to Grief.

Someone calls grief.. I sometimes say... "oh no! how can you be griefed if yourve protected your home with a pstone."
I know they hadnt bothered to protect it. But im hinting, this is their fault for not protecting thier home, and that they should probably get on to it and protect thier home.

After Ive rolled it back. I tell them to use a pstone to protect their home. I tell them to type /pstones and cllick the link.

Many times I might have to lead them over to the wiki step by step - or even type out another way to get a pstone from the shop.

Im just glad they are finally taking the measures to protect.

I make mention of this in the report or player report. So contact the owner to use a pstones by chat or /mail.
I also /mail the griefer-- if I remember, warning them not to grief etc..

Marunette

Crafter
Jul 18, 2014
Finland
Hate to clutter up this lovely, well-structured informational post, but I wonder how much of this is for Trial Mods? =) If I understood correctly, not banning at least?

AmirAti

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Israel
Everything applys to you beside perm banning basically, and if you think it deserve perm ban just, ban him for a lot of time and ask a full mod to perm ban him.

Avoxsas

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
Marunette said:
Hate to clutter up this lovely, well-structured informational post, but I wonder how much of this is for Trial Mods? =) If I understood correctly, not banning at least?
Trial Mods can temporary ban. If you need to permanently ban someone, temp ban them for 2 years or something, then ask another Mod/SuperMod/Admin/Owner to up it to permanent. :)

Marunette

Crafter
Jul 18, 2014
Finland
AmirAti said:
Everything applys to you beside perm banning basically, and if you think it deserve perm ban just, ban him for a lot of time and ask a full mod to perm ban him.
Message received and understood! 'Auntie Maru' is signing on. =)

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
@Avoxsas
@Marunette suggested adding some info on /tempban :3

Marunette

Crafter
Jul 18, 2014
Finland
What I was suggesting was a little more information for the different ranks of moderators. The commands like our temp ban, how it's actually parsed in relation to the permanent ban you have examples of right here. =) Maybe a clearer outline of just what a 'Trial Mod' can do in relation to 'Mod' and 'Supermod'.

This is no offense on your extensive work so far, but I did find it a wee bit complicated to puzzle out what I can and can't do. ^^ Luckily, I had Chip and the others show me in practise. I owe you guys!

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
http://www.6minecraft.net/xray-mod/
1.7.10 xray mod just installed seems to like the other ones

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
Quoting @Ar7ific1al

"As a general rule, though, if a player's chest is stolen from, it's their own fault. Chests are locked automatically when you place them. The only way for someone to steal from it is if you allow them to access the chest, or if you unlock it completely. That's the player's fault, and they should take responsibility for it."

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
Added cross reference to the Towny Admin Cellar post in Ambassador Reports. It's in Ambassador Reports because otherwise, nobody but mods can see it.

valdem0rt

I burn in fire
Crafter
Feb 26, 2014
Question, is there a wiki for moderating the forums? Deleting and closing threads, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)