misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
This goes too:

• @LKing846 (Last on, almost 2 days)
  • @ChipLover2 (Last on, 9 days)
  • @FlyingRat102 (Last on, 2 days)
  • @Ryno314 (Last on, 3 days)
  • @SexyKitty123 (Last on, 10 days)
SunDust and I was talking yesterday and we both agreed that our current moderators just isn't active anymore. 

We've been reaching a lot more players lately, normally around 30+ later in the day. When that time comes it's pretty chaotic. Sundust is usually on though and trying her best to help and I try my best too. It's really really tough and stressing! 

Sundust or me hardly see any moderators on, and at-most we see Omega_Shenron on at-least every day. LKing, Ryno, and rat are on just not as much that could help us out.

I'm not sure if you guys remember, but I use to be really strict on the Mods. If I found that you weren't as active anymore or if you just couldn't moderate, I'd talk to you and see if we can fix it or demote you. I don't like having staff on that's never on. I like to keep our staff  team as active as possible.

Now I do understand that we all have lives and no one can be on all day nor every day but it is important to see you guys try though.

So I have some questions. Let's talk about this and see what you guys think. 

• Why haven't you been on?
  • Do you still want to be a Mod on CraftBlock?

I'll also be changing some things with Mods:

Trialing:
  • I need to be more open before promoting mods. Before I do, I will post in the staff forum asking for suggestions and suggesting myself of new potential moderators. Though, you guys not being active makes it hard for these suggestions to work since you guys are not on to view how the players are. YOU can suggest other moderators as well and that would be really helpful!
  • Suggest a Mod forum is helpful and can lead to a new player being trialed, but it is also REALLY slow. If it's needed, we'll need to "hand-pick" potential players to trial that hasn't been suggested. Thus the suggestions threads I mentioned above.
  • Hand-picked or from the suggestions thread, we' need to be more open with the players. When trialing, I'll wait at-most 2 weeks then post, asking players what do they think of X's two weeks of trial. Is he/she active? Any helpful? etc.
  • I will be requiring staff to have Teamspeak.
  • I'll be trying to trial new mods at-least once a week now. A growing server needs a growing staff team. 
Mods:
  • I'm going to be more strict now but hopefully not as before. I really need to see you guys on more.
  • I'll be trying my best to make sure we have the tools for you guys to better moderate. For example: Links from the websites can be an issue and takes some time to stop playing, go to the forum and find a thread to link to the player to help out. I've been trying to add some "information commands" to help that out, such as /wiki, /pstones, /playershops and /vote. Which outputs information and links for the player to read and help out. If you'd like to suggest a tool or something, let me know.
I'm hoping for a good discussing here so we can make our team stronger. If you don't think you can be active enough to stay as a moderator, please post.

uhhlking

issa lking
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
America
Personally... I've just been bored of minecraft. It doesn't interest me as much as before. I enjoy different games more than minecraft and with more strict computer regulations for me its harder to find time to play. If you'd let me, I'd try to be more active. Life has just put a load on my back. Moderating is very stressful, and Ive been at it for a few months. Im thinking about retiring this summer. I just get bored with nothing to do and nobody to talk to. A lot of our staff seem to have life taking over... we enjoy moderating, but issues and life just make it hard to find time to moderate.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Lking846 said:
Personally... I've just been bored of minecraft. It doesn't interest me as much as before. I enjoy different games more than minecraft and with more strict computer regulations for me its harder to find time to play. If you'd let me, I'd try to be more active. Life has just put a load on my back. Moderating is very stressful, and Ive been at it for a few months. Im thinking about retiring this summer. I just get bored with nothing to do and nobody to talk to. A lot of our staff seem to have life taking over... we enjoy moderating, but issues and life just make it hard to find time to moderate.
That's understandable. I was less active as well before this new year actually. I got bored of Minecraft. After that break though I seem like I enjoy Minecraft a lot more.

I think a large part of how it's stressing is that when you're on, there are usually no other mods on so players try asking you for help, but then theres 10 other players asking you for help and that can get really frustrating and old. Hopefully if we can get more mods on, the stress can be less.

I have no problem if you'd like to be demoted now and take a break. Get a refreshment and play Survival on the server when you can and then if you'd like, theres always a chance to be Moderator again. 

I think looking for players to be mods via timezones might be a good way to go.

uhhlking

issa lking
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
America
Well... I dont think a temporary demotion is necessary. I try to go on as much as I can, just not as much as I used to. I feel as if something is... missing. I just need a break from minecraft I guess. Ill still come on for extended periods, just maybe every other day. Make it feel as if my computer life isnt all CraftBlock. Thanks for understanding.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Can you guys get on Teamspeak more often as well? The staff room password is 'cbstaff'.

Chiplover2

Deadbeat o3o
Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
your local bag of chips (so much air in here!)
As Lking said, Minecraft is getting boring. I don't really come on for the game as much as I do for the community anymore. This was a bit demoralizing, which made me want to take a break; I thought it would help me appreciate CB and Minecraft when I did come back. I also thought that maybe, just for a bit, I could prove to my parents that I wasn't connected to the screen biologically (lol). I've been connected to the computer a lot in general, not just CraftBlock, so I thought that maybe surfacing for a few seconds would help them to see me not a self-absorbed geek. It seems, though, that I've been gone for too long. I apologize for this absence, and will be on more often, just like before. I'll donate my computer time to CraftBlock, because these are the sacrifices a staff member must make. I'm sorry I've put the other staff under a lot of pressure with me not being there to help out. I'll put my teal name and yellow text to use.

And I can certainly go into the Staff channel on TS. I use TS a lot, especially with chattin' with my buddy Jag, lol.

Deadacc

Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
I'm sorry kaw, I've been really busy this week since it's spring break. Apparently the teachers think it's "give them all the tests and quizzes they could have!" I've been trying really hard to get on every moment I could. I'm also going to Hawaii so every night there I should be active. I'm leaving on Friday. I'm actually on right on atm. Sorry for no reasoning. Things should get better now.

uhhlking

issa lking
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
America
As for TS.. I enjoy going on. I just hide in locked rooms when annoyances like delm come by. But I must admit, the conversations Jag Wind and I have had some interesting topics... XD

JagSwag2014

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
USA
www.planetminecraft.com
Lking846 said:
As for TS.. I enjoy going on. I just hide in locked rooms when annoyances like delm come by. But I must admit, the conversations Jag Wind and I have had some interesting topics... XD
You're welcome. :p

uhhlking

issa lking
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
America
@JagSwag2014 I still remember the Russian Sleep Experiment... *shudder*

Nayxerr

mths? I'm Nayxerr now!
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
I'm not mod on Main and I'm not really active on there either but I think we should thank @_Sundust_ for the work she has done. I know how it feels to be the only active mod and I know the stress when you 10 people asking. I'm not sure bit I think when I resigned I gave a kick and suddenly there were 3 new mods on the server. I'm happy that you guys are trying to fix this and it's great to see you kawohi on the server a lot more.

This server is just leaving the 0 player zone more and more. With Poke- and Nanoblock which are getting new players now and then it helps our community grow and I hope to see more active staff. Right now I'm helping Pokeblock since most staff is really busy and Idon't want any of our servers to die for a stupid reason :)

Keep up the good work and try to moderate even if you don't wanna do it. You will find new friends. That's how I found most of my friends :)

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
Sun has been doing an excellent job! I see her on a lot. When I'm on, I try to help as often as possible. I know that I'm not a Mod, but I have to powers to help like one. So, I use them as often as I can. Sometimes, I have Dynmap open on one of my puters and just watch what people are doing while I'm working at home. From there, I can give links to the Wiki and other Help/Info sections of the forums, when I see someone asking for help. :) Which is usually all people need. Except Harry. He's always got someone in his town that leaves locked hests or places random signs that he needs removed. Haha

FlyingRat102

Bucket hat enthusiast
Crafter
Dec 18, 2013
Arizona, USA
kawohi said:
  • Why haven't you been on?
  • Do you still want to be a Mod on CraftBlock?
  • This is the time every year I go inactive, last year right about now is when I stepped down from Admin. Also I'm going to have to agree with these guys that Minecraft is boring, but I had stated that years ago and pretty much the only reason I get on here is because ya'll are so nice and welcoming.
  • I would not mind being demoted back to VIP for now, but I would still like to return as a staff member in the summer. The reason I state this is because I know it will become a little harder during the summer for the staff due to the increase of players sitting at home.
I would be more than happy to help out in the summer when I have some time, but as for now, I don't think I will be of any use with my life getting in the way as much as it does.

uhhlking

issa lking
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
America
Well, after some second thoughts, I wouldn't mind a temporary demotion to VIP. But I would still to moderate when I have more time, in the summer.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Lking846 said:
Well, after some second thoughts, I wouldn't mind a temporary demotion to VIP. But I would still to moderate when I have more time, in the summer.
VIP isn't an ex-staff rank. We usually set you back to the rank you were before.

You were Royal, right?

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
I think if you guys were to go back to a survival rank, like start as Citizen or even Trusted, you guys might have a bit more fun then you useally do, and take a break from all of the creative and such.

uhhlking

issa lking
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
America
Eh, ill just stay as a mod. Play some survival. Get back into the groove.

Surprisingly, im actually interesting in playing MC... for the first time in a long time.

D

DemonicKitty123

Im sorry i havent been on, my internet hasnt been working, im going to fix it soon and ill be on regularly.

Ben4900

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
On, when suddenly...

http://i.imgur.com/XJEEGH0.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)