Mod Inactivity & How it Affects Narb.

Narbula

The best thing since Faxbook.
Supporter
Crafter
Mar 24, 2014
Michigan
Where have all our mods been? It seems like Sundust and I are the only ones on anymore. We have so many new members coming in daily, and I feel it's hard for the two of us to help everyone at once when there is around 30 people on (which is most of the day). Is everybody going to come back soon over summer break? Because I'm genuinely worried about the players on our server. I feel so guilty logging off anymore because there's not enough people giving out help. I am starting to feel crowded in my duties, teleporting to people to see if they're griefing or x-raying while trying to answer questions in chat on the busiest hours of the day. My ban reports keep getting later and later because whenever I finish taking screenies, I have to help someone else with something right away. I've started to get really bad headaches lately because I need to focus on so many things at once, helping multiple people at once on the server. So, here I ask, where is everyone? We need you! D:

Narbula

Supporter
Crafter
Mar 24, 2014
Michigan
RE: Mod In-activeness & How it Affects Narb.

Ok, that's good, Omega. I'll be happy to see you back. c: And just so everyone realizes, I'm not pointing fingers or trying to create an argument over this.

Holy_Rabbitz

Empress of Imagination
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
forever in the heart of broadcast

I try to get on as much as I can. Like I said, summer rolls around in about a week and a half (half because I'm going to a regional gym meet) so after that I'll be on frequently.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
Top Poster Of Month
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013

Narbula said:
Where have all our mods been? It seems like Sundust and I are the only ones on anymore. We have so many new members coming in daily, and I feel it's hard for the two of us to help everyone at once when there is around 30 people on (which is most of the day). Is everybody going to come back soon over summer break? Because I'm genuinely worried about the players on our server. I feel so guilty logging off anymore because there's not enough people giving out help. I am starting to feel crowded in my duties, teleporting to people to see if they're griefing or x-raying while trying to answer questions in chat on the busiest hours of the day. My ban reports keep getting later and later because whenever I finish taking screenies, I have to help someone else with something right away. I've started to get really bad headaches lately because I need to focus on so many things at once, helping multiple people at once on the server. So, here I ask, where is everyone? We need you! D:
You don't have to be afraid. Players are capable of being on by themselves. They know to come on the forums if anything happens.

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013

How about we make some kind of week schedule where everyone can mark in the general times they are usually online?

That would make it much easier to see what times are less manned.

AmirAti pointed out to me yesterday that during his standard gaming times there are rarely any staff members on.

We could probably quite easily bridge the time zone differences if we only had a clearly visible plan for for how to fill the week.

Note: This is not a very well thought out idea, it just came to me now. So please be gentle while explaining to me why/if  it's terrible. :p

uhhlking

issa lking
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
America

I pop on every few days.

crackers1097

Crafter
Feb 8, 2014
Minnesota

TL;DR My AP test is tomorrow. No videogames until its done! >:C

Timmy9997

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Australia

Narb you need a break. It sounds like you're getting really attached to the server and really attached to helping people, which while not being a ad thing, doesn't sound very good either... If it's gotten to the point where you're getting headaches and getting seriously worried about it, you NEED a break. Maybe play a different game for like a weekish. Players can handle themselves, if they can't then they are idiots. Anything a mod can help with can be dealt with on the forum - by that I mean if someone has griefed = forum post. If someone is being abused = forum post. Any questions needing answer = forum post. There's no point in worrying about all that because there's nothing to worry about :)

Narbula

Supporter
Crafter
Mar 24, 2014
Michigan

A....BREAK? What even is that? D: I usually just go on Choco for my time outs when I start getting terrible headaches. :p Thanks for caring though, Timmy. c:

uhhlking

issa lking
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
America

I also get summer coming up next (not coming) weekend. I will be more active with summer. ^^

Narbula

Supporter
Crafter
Mar 24, 2014
Michigan

I'm glad to have people back when summer starts! :D

Deadacc

Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
Sorry for my in absence, I've had a lot of tests lately including one that determines if I go on to 8th grade or not, and I've been working hard in it. Sorry for my absence, I'll be asap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)