Votes: 12 92.3%
  • MobGrief

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Nayxerr

mths? I'm Nayxerr now!
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
If I have to be honest I want both :) I would like to have this real deal vanilla and not remove mobgriefing and not keepinv. But if I have to choose one I want to not change I will choose keepinv. If people dies they can just get back with all their stuff... Where is the survivial in that?

Omega_Shenron

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Windstad Manor, Skyrim, Tamriel
mths said:
If I have to be honest I want both :) I would like to have this real deal vanilla and not remove mobgriefing and not keepinv. But if I have to choose one I want to not change I will choose keepinv. If people dies they can just get back with all their stuff... Where is the survivial in that?
Yes, more survival, but more rage xD
I would like both, but the thread I saw had it for a vote on both so I thought I would go for both xP

sayolo

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
I really see no point in inventory keep because I like it when i have to go fight and find my stuff and if it burns up it lava then it encourages me to go mining and resource collecting again.

Nayxerr

mths? I'm Nayxerr now!
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
@whiteNnerdy23 Mobgrief is when a mob can destroy blocks.

I'm totally with @sayolo . If you want keepinv join Main ;) On choco we will do it like pros! If you can't deal with it you should start to deal with it. I died 3 times in a week and lost a ton of stuff and I raged a bit but pfft now it's just funny moments XD

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
mths said:
On choco we will do it like pros!
Says the guy that closed the poll about difficulty level when "hard" was 1 vote after the casualls...

Nayxerr

mths? I'm Nayxerr now!
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
IshrkI said:
mths said:
On choco we will do it like pros!
Says the guy that closed the poll about difficulty level when "hard" was 1 vote after the casualls...
I want it to be so most of the players on the server is happy. It wasn't 1 vote, it was 2 votes. You need to count those who are actually whitelisted on the server and not the other 200 guys. When I make a poll I check what the players who are whitelisted votes. they are the people that are playing on the server.

If it would be 1 vote difference I could have it open for years and no one on the server would vote. Those who have voted for what they want have already voted. I can open it again if you want me too, no problem.

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
:)
I'm sorry.
I didn't mean to seriously criticise your management of the server. I really do think that you are doing a great job!

But but but.
Maybe we should have given the harder difficulty a try before we voted. I think it would encourage teamwork and help the survival server live up to actual "survival".

As for "mob-greifing" and "keep inv", I think that if we are sticking with "normal" difficulty, we should turn the former on and let the latter stay off.

If we decide to try "hard", we should probably leave "mob-griefing" turned off.

Nayxerr

mths? I'm Nayxerr now!
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
@IshrkI I would like to do that. But many people are scared to lose their stuff which probably makes everyone hate hard. If I got to choose what I wanted I would like to have hard, keepinv off and mobgrief on;)

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
"Hate hard" is a strong emotion. Strong negative emotions in any gaming experience provides for a contrast that leads to strong positive ones when you succeed.

Gaming should be engaging. If people just want to hang around and chat they can do so on Main.

Let your heart and instinct guide you to make the server flourish!

whiteNnerdy234

Aren't you the guy wth all the commands?
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Canada
Considering Choco is a "vanilla" server, wouldn't it make sense to not have any plugins?

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
IshrkI said:
"Hate hard" is a strong emotion. Strong negative emotions in any gaming experience provides for a contrast that leads to strong positive ones when you succeed.

Gaming should be engaging. If people just want to hang around and chat they can do so on Main.

Let your heart and instinct guide you to make the server flourish!
Well said. That's why when I play a video game for the first time, I play it on the hardest difficulty setting. I did when I first played Minecraft, too. But then I survived and it got boring. Then, I found the Creative/God mode/WorldEdit/VoxelSniper Mix and fell in love. Now I challenge myself by building huge, epic, and difficult things. :)

You get better when you challenge yourself. Play on Legendary/Insane/Veteran. If you play against others, play against the people that are whooping your ass! (ie: Call of Duty/Halo/etc.) You'll learn from them and get better. ;)

whiteNnerdy234

Aren't you the guy wth all the commands?
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Canada
Don't do that in Pixelmon, your Pokemon will hate you :p

Matx490

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Some where over the rainbow
whiteNnerdy23 said:
Considering Choco is a "vanilla" server, wouldn't it make sense to not have any plugins?
MobGrief and keepinventory are not plugins. Its gamerules you can do in any world, server with plugins or not or even a single player world

BestOfTheWorst

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Earth
Its a vanilla server for a reason. Its a server where its default minecraft. Why do you apply for it if you know its vanilla and if you die you will lose your stuff? Plus i was already slighty dissappointed that mob greifing was off.

Nayxerr

mths? I'm Nayxerr now!
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Since some people would like us to test this. I can change the settings and after a week we can have a vote and see if people like the challenge. Do you guys want that? :)

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
YES! :D
This could be so much fun!
I'm gonna bring a very limited supply of foods and materials thru a long tunnel and have a semi-fresh start. That way I won't risk losing hard earned stuff while at the same time getting a realistic feeling for how it is to work your way up.

I can't even imagine how people could turn this try-out down.

ale700

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
IshrkI said:
If we decide to try "hard", we should probably leave "mob-griefing" turned off.
Yeah, if we had mob-griefing my home would just be a crater :p
*cough* Pls don't allow mob-griefing *cough*

KeepInv should stay off in mah opinion because I really like the side where if you die, you loose your stuff. Cause it forces you to think about what stupid thing you are about to do; 
Jumping of the fairly high cliff with 3 hearts...
Trying to kill that annoying creeper with a stick...
Etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)