mjsir911

Narbula

The best thing since Faxbook.
Supporter
Crafter
Mar 24, 2014
Michigan
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]User(s) Banned: mjsir911[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Victim(s): Everyone in chat, but mostly aimed at Gman0519.[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Temporary or Permanent: Temporary for 3 days.[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Incident: They kept spamming colors in chat, then when asked to stop they refused and started arguing in chat, not letting the matter go.[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Witnesses: Everyone in chat at the time (MrMcOink, SlyGuy31, Selectively to name a few)[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Previous Actions: None that I can find.[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Screenshots:[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Other Notes:[/font]

SlyGuy31

Crafter
Jan 19, 2014
New Jersey
I got some bad screenshots but it could help in someway I guess.

http://imgur.com/PHNtJIw
http://imgur.com/O51bGf6

Mjsir911

Crafter
Mar 27, 2014
Washington D.C.
I did stop arguing, and when gman came back on, i was in the midst of typing some text with color in it, and he started all over again. And later, i decided to ignore gman and reign, and i was browsing the forums, when selectivity asked me why i did it on /me after reign ignored me, and i answered with i was just checking it out to see if colors worked with /me. after reign got angry at me, i tried to be cooperative with him, but he just continued to argue. apperently that got me banned. I was browsing the forums when i was temp banned

[edit] i dont think using a color once in a while is spamming, and i dont understand why they consider it spamming.

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
When I came on mj whispered to me help-they are all ganging up on me. Once I got his story and narb and others story onn teamspeak i said to mj that he must be allowed to use coloured text cause if he wasnt... the owners would have disabled it or not made it accessible for his rank. But should any player tell him to stop, then he needs to repsect the player and stop. Wait till the player has left the game maybe. But its sad to see as I left the server but was still on teamspeak that mj was still continuing going on about the colour issue.

mjsir915

Crafter
Apr 3, 2014
Narbula said:
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]User(s) Banned: mjsir911[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Victim(s): Everyone in chat, but mostly aimed at Gman0519.[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Temporary or Permanent: Temporary for 3 days.[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Incident: They kept spamming colors in chat, then when asked to stop they refused and started arguing in chat, not letting the matter go.[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Witnesses: Everyone in chat at the time (MrMcOink, SlyGuy31, Selectively to name a few)[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Previous Actions: None that I can find.[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Screenshots:[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Other Notes:[/font]
I was also there and Legolas - neither saw a reason for the ban. You should stop making up rules, then mjsir911 would not have argued.

Ww_Crow_wW

Tired ™
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
???
mjsir915 said:
I was also there and Legolas - neither saw a reason for the ban. You should stop making up rules, then mjsir911 would not have argued.
No rules were made up from what I saw (but all i saw were screenshots, so not everything was shown) , he was spamming, spamming is not allowed, he was warned to stop by multiple people, and he got banned, simple as that. I can also see he was backseat moderating, not necessarily bannable in small quantities, but incredibly irritating, even in the smallest amounts, for hopefully understandable reasons.

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
_SunDust_ said:
But should any player tell him to stop, then he needs to repsect the player and stop.
Funny, I have asked Gman to stop his annoying color use numerous times. He has never stopped for more than 5 minutes. I'm very surprised to see that he is the one complaining about such behaviour.

And for the spamming; I once saw Gman ask if anyone needed help 6 times in about 5 minutes.  Maybe that rate is not high enough to qualify as spam, but it annoys me 4 minutes longer than the regular:

"spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam user left/was kicked/got banned"

I can't say what this guy did was less offensive, but I think that a 3 day ban is a pretty hard punishment for "spam" and color use. Wouldn't a 3 hour or 1 day ban have the same effect? I can't see how he would learn his lesson better by being cut off for 2 more days.

I don't say that Gman should be punished in any way, he doesn't mean any harm. Some children just communicate differently than others. I just wanted to use him as an example.

Narbula

Supporter
Crafter
Mar 24, 2014
Michigan
I wouldn't normally tempban for that long, but when asked by me to please stop spamming colors MULTIPLE times he didn't listen to me. Also, he would not drop any arguments he was having in chat. He wouldn't let the matter go.

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
So... He didn't even take the hint when you kicked him?

Narbula

Supporter
Crafter
Mar 24, 2014
Michigan
Trials apparently can't kick. And I was told to tempban.

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
Trials can use /ban, but not /kick? That seems odd. Isn't that like a cop being allowed to use a jail cell, but not handcuffs? Haha

Narbula

Supporter
Crafter
Mar 24, 2014
Michigan
That's what I'm saying! I tried and I didn't have permission. :l

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
IshrkI said:
_SunDust_ said:
But should any player tell him to stop, then he needs to repsect the player and stop.
Funny, I have asked Gman to stop his annoying color use numerous times. He has never stopped for more than 5 minutes. I'm very surprised to see that he is the one complaining about such behaviour.

And for the spamming; I once saw Gman ask if anyone needed help 6 times in about 5 minutes.  Maybe that rate is not high enough to qualify as spam, but it annoys me 4 minutes longer than the regular:

"spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam user left/was kicked/got banned"

I can't say what this guy did was less offensive, but I think that a 3 day ban is a pretty hard punishment for "spam" and color use. Wouldn't a 3 hour or 1 day ban have the same effect? I can't see how he would learn his lesson better by being cut off for 2 more days.

I don't say that Gman should be punished in any way, he doesn't mean any harm. Some children just communicate differently than others. I just wanted to use him as an example.
Yeah, because of this I think we'll need to update our Donor Code of Conduct.

So you did the right thing narb, but it's our fault. There is nothing in the rules about how to use color in chat. I'm gonna go ahead and unban and update the code of conduct for donors. Gman does do it a lot and we'll need to try to be stricter on this. It obviously annoys some people. 

mjsir, make sure to look at the code of conduct in a few hours.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Narbula said:
Trials apparently can't kick. And I was told to tempban.
You can now. 

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
How come you are so awesome kawohi?

Actually, you are not alone in that on this server. Almost all of the staff are incredibly rare and unusually smart.
I wonder how this happened...

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
IshrkI said:
How come you are so awesome kawohi?

Actually, you are not alone in that on this server. Almost all of the staff are incredibly rare and unusually smart.
I wonder how this happened...
Just thanks @xInZaxx, if it wasn't for his old server, Ar7 and me probably would have never met and this server probably would of never existed :)

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
Multiples times is more then enough hints to stop. But it shouldnt have been multiple times though.

Also narbula being a need trial mod asked me later on if there was something more to help her as a trial mod - I found out later after showing her where to go- reffering to the mod wiki -had she known this earlier she might of handled it differently.

As for gman, if you have asked him to stop and his behaviour continues, and you have the ability to kick. then that would be a good time to use it. It appears then if you have asked him and he choose not to listen, that he is not respect you. If I was in your position Id warn him in the chat - no response - kick him in the chat (At this stage I could also make a report) - no response - report him I would of taken a screen shot of the conversation and posted a complaint.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)