Minecraft 1.8

JagSwag2014

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
USA
www.planetminecraft.com
Here's a list of upcoming features for Minecraft version 1.8!! :D
What are your thoughts about it? Better, worse?

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Upcoming_features

Terminator_T800

Hitman
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Germany
Gosh, it's nearly 4 years since I started minecraft. The only thing I don't like about the stones is that the colours are wrong. And thing else is cool. But mojang maybe should take a break of updates and work on minecraft pocket edition. It's really far behind.

Ben4900

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
I like everything except the Enchanting/repairing, and the new crafting stuff.

Enchanting: It is too easy to enchant now. All you need is 3 levels for a level 30, and just have 30 lapis. That's a little OP. And right now, any repair costs 7 levels. That's also a little crappy.

Mossy Stone brick/ Chiseled Stone Brick- Why should we be able to craft this? I thought this was a rarity in Minecraft, and have it as a treasure to collect. I don't like this add on, it makes it to easy.

uhhlking

issa lking
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
America
Ben4900 said:
I like everything except the Enchanting/repairing, and the new crafting stuff.

Enchanting: It is too easy to enchant now. All you need is 3 levels for a level 30, and just have 30 lapis. That's a little OP. And right now, any repair costs 7 levels. That's also a little crappy.

Mossy Stone brick/ Chiseled Stone Brick- Why should we be able to craft this? I thought this was a rarity in Minecraft, and have it as a treasure to collect. I don't like this add on, it makes it to easy.
When I watched the video, it was 30 levels and 3 lapis. :p But I like the new enchanting. Its more interesting.

Matx490

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Some where over the rainbow
So far 1.8 isnt really good imo. Enchanting sucks, im nkt a fan of the new stones, but the slimeblock is pretty cool. For me it isnt great :-/

CreativeNJ

"NJ"
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Sydney, Australia
I think 1.8 did a good job at making enchant and stuff fairer for the community with enchanting requiring more work rather than anyone can do it with enough levels. Slime block does cause fall damage i think..... but i don't know. The thing i hate the most of all is the new blocks, unrefined looks like terraria.... its so annoying...

Finaoir

Cyromancer
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
United States
I like the new villager trading system and the new furnace system the most.
Edit: Forgot about the new stone, looks pretty good.

plusNick

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
England
I agree with Snow on the furnace. Its something I've wanted since I started playing! :) No more wasted coal! :)

Dr0psh0t

Official Arsehole
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
I'll let you know when I find myself
Ok:
I like the new stone bricks- I like building with them, and I'm happy I finally can in survival.
I like the new enchanting- giving a use for lapis... 3 cheers for enchanting
I like the new stones- More blocks! Yaaaaaay!

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
I like the new blocks.

The Slim block seems neat.
Rendering engine rewrite.
Friends list.
Rewriting the Skin System.
More Animals.
Seasons.
The ability to change your Minecraft username. (Mainly for one of my friends. He didn't like the name he chose. lol)
More Ores. (Hopefully rubies! :D)
More types of caves.
More structures in biomes.

That's all I'm really interested in at the moment. Maybe they'll do something for all of them. Or maybe just some. But hopefully all & more someday. :)

Ben4900

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
On the topic of name change, that wouldn't really work well for multiplayer. If you change your name, the server would not recognize it, and you would have a player update, losing everything.

I would like a friends list, though. That would be awesome!

And they are rewriting the skin system ATM Valk. They said that skins will be down for the next couple days, because they are rewriting and making it so you can add more stuff to them! ^•^

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
@Ben4900
I understood it like they were gonna make a whole new identification system that makes it unnecessary with unique names. That might even improve multiplayer security.

to20to

Crafter
Jan 5, 2014
I didn't think it will be THAT big of a change, I nevver have used enchantment and potions and all that other jazz so I really wont be bothered. And the new stones sound pretty fun.

McMaster777

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
'Murica
I imagine they'll do the username thing like steam does it were theres the account name (mojang email adress maybe?) and then your able to change your nickname when ever, but its still linked to a central account for banning and such.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)