me and my dad (thezygar) are building a gaming computer soon .D.

Ww_Crow_wW

Tired ™
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
???
soon i shall have the ultimate gaming computer .D.
basically im making a portable desktop computer, a badass but lightweight and mobile computer, i have the external case and the inner case me and my dad made sure would fit, and just incase the components wind up being to heavy it has wheels >D<
its going to take a while (mainly because all my well paying chores dont need to be /cant be done in the winter because their yardwork) but its going to happen! .D.
just wanted to say something about it on here because why the hell not? XD

to20to

Crafter
Jan 5, 2014
thanks for sharing and good luck on the chores haha!

Priceys

Crafter
Dec 17, 2013
Awesome man! Give us some specs when you can :D

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
Cool. Good luck! But some winter chores you can do, that may earn you some good cash.. Shoveling snow? If you have snow, and chopping ice from walkways & stuff. You can even charge your neighbors for those jobs. That may help you speed things up a bit. Haha I use to. But I live in Michigan. :p

Ww_Crow_wW

Tired ™
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
???
turns out it wont work out, wound up getting a better laptop because my old one broke (max of 8fps until it gets here though -.- ) but yeh current irrelevancy is magic .-.

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
MonochromePony said:
turns out it wont work out, wound up getting a  better laptop because my old one broke (max of 8fps until it gets here though -.- ) but yeh current irrelevancy is magic .-.
Bummer. For future reference, however, if you want a mobile/lightweight but powerful gaming desktop computer, keep the components to a minimum. The minimum components you need for a working computer are:
Case (obviously! Make sure the motherboard fits!)

Power supply (modular is better, less extra cables and wires to cram into the case)

Motherboard (mini ITX form factor would do best for a lightweight mobile PC, it's pretty tiny)

CPU (AMD is cheaper, but fewer ITX motherboard options; Intel is more expensive, but has better motherboard options)

RAM (I recommend a minimum of 8 gigs for decent gaming; go for as much as you like, though, if you can afford it ;))

Graphics card (Intel graphics won't cut it, a discreet nvidia or AMD card would do well in a mini ITX build)

Hard drive (laptop hard drive (2.5" drive) will do)

DVD drive (for installing Windows, but would do best to use a USB DVD drive as opposed to internal)

That's all you really need. I recommend external storage, though. You should have a system drive of a moderately good size (500 gigs should do you well), and a USB storage solution (upwards of 1 to 4 terabytes) for your games, music, etc. Also, cooling has to take a pretty high priority... Too much power in a small space can get very hot. Inadequate cooling could literally be the death of the machine.

If you ever get to build it, put up pictures of the build process for us all to see. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)