Life Changing Moment

JustSam98

Crafter
Dec 30, 2013
Australia
I have never really respected my Dad much, because he not my real dad. But today I witnessed him save someones life, and I sure walked away with something.

I will always think of my dad in a better way now, as well as the rest of my family. Because I never want to lose them.

JustSam98

Crafter
Dec 30, 2013
Australia
Babfish said:
Always respect anyone, that may be the lesson you've learned, but out of curiousity what did he do?
Our neighbour dropped to the ground today, at her house. Her daughter came over crying saying that she had fallen over.

He went over there to find her not breathing, because she had a piece of meat stuck halfway down her throat. Somehow he got her breathing again, and I call the Abmo and she went in to the hospital for a bit for tests and shit. It was a bit scary.. 

FlyingRat102

Bucket hat enthusiast
Crafter
Dec 18, 2013
Arizona, USA
Good on your dad for taking it upon himself to do something and not just sit there and wait for an ambulance, he really is a good human being. Hopefully you can respect him now after that incident!

THGlikeaboss

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Texas
careful, some places if you try to help someone dying and they end up do dying, it can become your fault. but it is still great that people like your dad try :D atleast we know there are still great people out there

JustSam98

Crafter
Dec 30, 2013
Australia
FlyingRat102 said:
Good on your dad for taking it upon himself to do something and not just sit there and wait for an ambulance, he really is a good human being. Hopefully you can respect him now after that incident!
THGlikeaboss said:
careful, some places if you try to help someone dying and they end up do dying, it can become your fault. but it is still great that people like your dad try :D atleast we know there are still great people out there
It actually apart of his second job to help, he is a local firefighter. And this isn't the only life he has save or been there to help, he has been a firefighter for over 10 years. This was just the first time I actually saw him do his second job.

On Thursday there was a car crash around the local airport, where 3 teenagers, who have just finished school (Completed School) flipped/rolled the car while driving home. And there were two girls and on guy, the guy wasn't hurt as much as the girls were, both girls had to be airlifted out of the town to the city. Thats where my dad went to the accident and chopped open the car with those big badass claws and made sure they got out working with the rest of the team. Then he drove the Ambulance back into town. I have always thought about being a firefighter myself, and since yesterday, I really want to learn first aid and hopefully when I finish school I will go do what my dad does.

My dad is my hero, he has saved lives and has done a lot for my old town in New Zealand where there was only on fire truck with a crew of 7-10 people. He sometimes tells me about the things he goes to, and the things he has to do. He is my hero, he saved my life, and he has saved others. But he doesn't do it alone.

THGlikeaboss

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Texas
SamDaManNz100 said:
FlyingRat102 said:
THGlikeaboss said:
It actually apart of his second job to help, he is a local firefighter. And this isn't the only life he has save or been there to help, he has been a firefighter for over 10 years. This was just the first time I actually saw him do his second job.

On Thursday there was a car crash around the local airport, where 3 teenagers, who have just finished school (Completed School) flipped/rolled the car while driving home. And there were two girls and on guy, the guy wasn't hurt as much as the girls were, both girls had to be airlifted out of the town to the city. Thats where my dad went to the accident and chopped open the car with those big badass claws and made sure they got out working with the rest of the team. Then he drove the Ambulance back into town. I have always thought about being a firefighter myself, and since yesterday, I really want to learn first aid and hopefully when I finish school I will go do what my dad does.

My dad is my hero, he has saved lives and has done a lot for my old town in New Zealand where there was only on fire truck with a crew of 7-10 people. He sometimes tells me about the things he goes to, and the things he has to do. He is my hero, he saved my life, and he has saved others. But he doesn't do it alone.
him being a firefighter makes him even more great, not many people want to or can do what they do :D

JustSam98

Crafter
Dec 30, 2013
Australia
Last Night he went out to a roll over, were a few people rolled their car over into a ditch. (Remind you of anything @Fugaz11 :p )

One of the ladies were badly injured and lost their arm and have her head split badly, she was flown out to Darwin this morning. My dad flies over to Darwin to tonight with a couple of the other guys, because the lady has to stay there for over a month to recover. The other people were left with minimal injuries.

I really want to follow my dads footsteps now, but I'm not so good around blood.. yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)