Language in the chat

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
Are other cultures allowed to use thier native tongue in the chat?

I dont have a problem with it, theyre not bothering me. I think different cultures add variety.

The only problem I would have is if they didnt understand english, and they were breaking some server rule.

And if what they were saying was offensive.

Like text colour or cussing- not excessively used.

CauseI dont have a major problem with i t--- some get all uptight about seeing another language in the chat, which cuases drama-- so I encourage the player to speak english, as the other players have demanded. Its like this. English only in the chat.

Anyways whats the guide lines on this?

Angeleem

Tay is bae 。◕ ‿ ◕。
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Under Jag's bed ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
http
If someone on Nano speaks a different language I ask them if they know English well. If they do I ask them nicely if they can use English seeing Craftblock has mostly English speaking people....otherwise if they say no then I let it go.

Chiplover2

Deadbeat o3o
Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
your local bag of chips (so much air in here!)
If they're having a cute little convo with their buddy I wouldn't really mind, unless it was relentless paragraphs of the stuff. I think it'd just be spam for everyone else at that point. Second languages are fun doe, so I'd let them PM in it ;).

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
Ever since we introduced mcmmo with party chat, we've been asking players to speak English in the main chat. We started asking players to us private messaging or party chat if they want to speak in another language. It's not as stupid as just saying "you have to speak English here" and it also gives them options to speak their language with their friends.

We prefer to keep the public chat in English, just so everyone can understand it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)